Sign in to follow this  
walker

War with Iran.

Drone shot down in Iran, promises (translate from norwegian newspaper) "responds outside Iran's borders".

I don't like this progress with Iran, will not end well.

I don't think it's a question IF there will come a war with Iran, it is either WHEN nowadays...

Edited by Col.

Drone shot down in Iran, promises (translate from norwegian newspaper) "responds outside Iran's borders".

I don't like this progress with Iran, will not end well.

I don't think it's a question IF there will come a war with Iran, it is either WHEN nowadays...

Was the drone armed? I don't know man... Iran aint an easy target...

Was the drone armed? I don't know man... Iran aint an easy target...

"Iran's armed forces have shot down an unmanned US spy plane that violated its eastern borders, military sources say.

Iranian media reports said the drone - identified as a type RQ10 - suffered minimal damage and was now in the hands of the armed forces."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16024605

Spy plane.

Indeed Iran ain't an rasy target. They do have an powerful army, and a good arsenal of weapons.

And North Korea is somekind of friends with them..

RQ-10 eh? So exactly what is that then, can't find it in the US inventory? Iran has claimed to shoot down drones before but has never provided any evidence so examine this latest 'victory' with your BSometer and wait till they show proof.

RQ-10 eh? So exactly what is that then, can't find it in the US inventory?

RQ-170. Hot tip: Don't read British media.

Iran has claimed to shoot down drones before but has never provided any evidence so examine this latest 'victory' with your BSometer and wait till they show proof.

Apparently they are now claiming to have 'taken control' and landed it.

Its said that Iran's armed forces shot down or "hacked" an RQ-170 Sentinel that violated Iranian airspace.

Another news:

"The UAV to which the Iranians are referring may be a U.S. unarmed reconnaissance aircraft that had been flying a mission over western Afghanistan late last week. The operators of the UAV lost control of the aircraft and had been working to determine its status," an ISAF statement said.

Lets guess why the CIA could have lost control over its spying toy....

a) bad construction, guidance malfunction and security issues

b) Iran got some toys to shoot/force to land UAV's or was just lucky

c) conspiracy

C) Conspiracy: Russia/China are using Iran as an excuse to to test electronic warfare against US drones.

RQ-170? Now that's juicy!

It's in the Wall St. Journal too:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204770404577078160095550518.html

This UAV is probably semi-autonomous. I'm not sure I believe the story about hacking it but software glitches do happen. No doubt the damn thing lost contact and landed itself at the wrong airport lol. They don't have to be flown minute by minute by human control. Or it probably ran out of fuel and coasted to the ground. Hope to see the pictures soon.

Edited by PELHAM

This UAV is probably semi-autonomous. I'm not sure I believe the story about hacking it but software glitches do happen. No doubt the damn thing lost contact and landed itself at the wrong airport lol. They don't have to be flown minute by minute by human control. Or it probably ran out of fuel and coasted to the ground. Hope to see the pictures soon.

Captain hindsight would have many things to say about that.

May have somthing to do with this...and maybe the riddle begins to solve a bit. maybe sooner or later the high tech affinity may turn against the USAF. Loosing one out of only three RQ-170 is a massive hit.

In that report the USAF dismisses Iranian's UAV as not being capable.

A 2 second check on youtube finds an Iranian UAV flying openly over a US battle group in the gulf... enough to get data for a missile ? I've no idea but the UAV is there happly taking video.

So if stealth tech is in Iranian hands, how long before China knocks on the door.... surely a stealthy UAV would be worth 2 batteries of S300 missiles? :)

300px-RQ-170_Sentinel_impression_3-view.png

is it me or is this drone almost an exact copy of this from 1945 - ? Horten HO 229

250px-

Edited by Eble

In that report the USAF dismisses Iranian's UAV as not being capable.

A 2 second check on youtube finds an Iranian UAV flying openly over a US battle group in the gulf... enough to get data for a missile ? I've no idea but the UAV is there happly taking video.

So if stealth tech is in Iranian hands, how long before China knocks on the door.... surely a stealthy UAV would be worth 2 batteries of S300 missiles? :)

If they actually have the UAV - no pictures yet? China and Russia will be given full access and samples as happened with the stealth helicopter that crashed in Pakistan. China has close ties with Pakistan and Iran. (China covertly tested Pakistan's nuclear bombs at Lop Nor.)

Iranian UAV? Try spotter plane with hand held camera in the Straight of Hormuz.

Strait_of_Hormuz.jpg

When in the straight and passing through the islands the ships are in Iranian controlled waters and airspace. There is nothing they can do about Iranian overflights under those circumstances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_Hormuz

is it me or is this drone almost an exact copy of this from 1945 - ? Horten HO 229

The flying wings were developed back then but were never used because they didn't have the technology for efficient control - fly-by-wire. Aerodynamic principles have not changed. It's said that a very old Jack Northrop was given a covert tour of the B2 just before he died so he could see that his ideas for flying wings were now useful.

Edited by PELHAM

I wonder if this drone was doing any of the the recent bombings in Iran.

I had them down as infiltration myself, but this is another potential source.

I'm willing to call BS on this drone story until I see evidence of it. Since they are so proud of downing the Beast of Kandahar then why have they not shown it?

I'm willing to call BS on this drone story until I see evidence of it. Since they are so proud of downing the Beast of Kandahar then why have they not shown it?

6. September 1976 Hakodate, Japan.

The defected MiG-25 was disassembled and held for 67 days, nothing about it on the media.

and here we have....

UAV was on a CIA mission, US officals confirmed an RQ-170 UAV is now in Iranian hands.

This UAV is designed to fly straight and land when the opportunity arises if it has signal loss.

Chances are this thing actually flew itself into Iran and landed, which is quite funny considering it was probably spying on Iran a few hours earlier.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/us-drone-missing-in-iran-was-part-of-cia-spy-operation/story-fn5fsgyc-1226216200218

and here we have....

UAV was on a CIA mission, US officals confirmed an RQ-170 UAV is now in Iranian hands.

This UAV is designed to fly straight and land when the opportunity arises if it has signal loss.

Chances are this thing actually flew itself into Iran and landed, which is quite funny considering it was probably spying on Iran a few hours earlier.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/us-drone-missing-in-iran-was-part-of-cia-spy-operation/story-fn5fsgyc-1226216200218

Who want's to bet it has a little somethign something in it's software.

If {"Americans will never find out that we hid our nuke in XYZ"==TRUE}

then

mailto: "PR@cia.gov"

Edited by Maio

I suspect the Russians and Chinese are already on the ground :)

Nice bit of bargining power for the Iranians, Russians probably would have a passing interest, but the chinese surely would like a little Iranian takeaway.

According to a senior U.S. military source with intimate knowledge of the Sentinel drone, the aircraft likely "wandered" into Iranian air space after losing contact with its handlers and is presumed to be intact since it is programmed to fly level and find a place to land, rather than crashing.

Ahhh feck - the damn thing defected! :D You would think they would have foreseen a situation like this and had some sort of destruct device?

According to a senior U.S. military source with intimate knowledge of the Sentinel drone, the aircraft likely "wandered" into Iranian air space after losing contact with its handlers and is presumed to be intact since it is programmed to fly level and find a place to land, rather than crashing.
Heres how I see it ... they flew it in, and used this as another justification to drum up the war hype machine.

Its like the "can I have my ball back" scenario ... but, "this ball was private that I put in your garden, we will be kicking your head in now to get it back".

And who knows for certain it had any data on it? Maybe it was just a drone without such info flown in and downed, two sides to a coin. Esp when they have a hardon for years to attack them & kick off WW3 .. and it will be WW3.

You would think they would have foreseen a situation like this and had some sort of destruct device?

Maybe in this instance it was better not too, if you catch my drift.

Just like the doctor david kelly scenario's and WMD shit of Iraq and all the BS justifications, I take this with a pinch of salt and definitely mass media details with caution.

Edited by mrcash2009

Hi all

Interesting Article about the drums of war on Iran by Terry Jones.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/dec/06/iran-war-drums-terry-jones

More on the Downed UAV

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle-east/iran-says-us-spy-drone-was-flying-deep-inside-its-airspace-when-it-was-downed/2011/12/07/gIQABP5jbO_story.html

It appears Iran intends to put out a video. Shades of Garry Powers and the U2?

The Real Problem with War on Iran is the danger of Igniting World War III. Both Russian and Chinese sources are hinting Iran has their protection and rattling the sabre's.

E2h1LkW6VPI

7 December 2011 Last updated at 05:31

Hu Jintao tells China navy: Prepare for warfare

China's navy should speed up its development and prepare for warfare, President Hu Jintao has said.

He told military personnel they should "make extended preparations for warfare".

China is locked in territorial disputes with several other nations in the South China Sea. Political tension is also growing with the US, which is seeking to boost its presence in the region.

After Mr Hu's comments, the US said China was entitled to defend itself.

"Nobody's looking for a scrap here," said Pentagon spokesman Admiral John Kirby in quotes carried by the AFP news agency.

"Certainly we wouldn't begrudge any other nation the opportunity to develop naval forces."

Senior US and Chinese officials are currently holding talks on military issues.

The one-day meeting takes place every year, with the stated aim of ensuring there are no misunderstandings between the two nations...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-16063607

As always follow the link to the original article in full.

Is this the 21st century's Cuban Missile crisis?

Does America want to fight another expensive war for Israel?

I know there is little appetite for a war with Iran in the UK.

Of course it could well be that the whole purpose of talking up war with Iran is this:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-12-07/oil-rises-a-fourth-day-on-concern-iran-tension-may-curb-supply.html

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Heres how I see it ... they flew it in, and used this as another justification to drum up the war hype machine.

Its like the "can I have my ball back" scenario ... but, "this ball was private that I put in your garden, we will be kicking your head in now to get it back".

Allowing your hate for the US to cloud your judgement? :rolleyes:

I can see several different scenarios for the US wanting to plant a drone in enemy hands but this isn't even remotely likely.

Seriously guys, the mayan calendar ends next year, maybe those people were really right and the world will nuke itself into oblivion....