Sign in to follow this  
614hardcore

Questionable video on war.

I was on Youtube today and i happened to stumble across this video.

Im curious as to everyone's opinions torwards this video. Is this guy's views on the war right/wrong? What do you think about the war?

Looks/sounds like an asshat. Reminds me of the guys who talked a really big game, but couldn't graduate from BCT for one reason or another. Or the guys who would bitch about anything and everything.

The military took away his freedom and silenced his voice? Well that's just too bad; the military is a fascist organization and, clearly, it wasn't the right place for him. I didn't watch the rest; the text was too fast, the prose was awful, and the emo kid was annoying.

Let me tell you story about a boy. He grew up living in freedom and choice. Yet when he joined the military, they took his freedom and silenced his voice.

Welcome to the army boy :D The problem with living in freedom and choice is that you might make the wrong decision, and this boy is good example. If he survives he will have his freedom and choice in few years...

Edited by USSRsniper

Yeah, he's in the military, and gullible isn't in the dictionary.

I almost stopped watching after he mentioned joining the military to become a front line soldier and after which, telling his superiors that he was against any form of killing and feeling as if he wasn't listened to, then when he mentioned going into a house and killing the civilians and hinting that the government made him do it..... well, only a small number of Schizophrenics call the voices in their head "The Government".... well, then I listened to the rest of it for a bit of a laugh.

Entertaining video that takes the problems in the military, over exaggerates them, and places the usual fallacies on top of it in order to generate shock value and attention in the same guise as any emo kid.

Still, good for a laugh.

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

The debate over whether war is ever right or wrong is always rather pointless. In the end war has a massive downside, but sometimes unfortunately is required in defense. An example being WW2 when Hitler told his people that Poland had attacked German soil and that they were retalliating. That war was wrong, but if Germany invaded and no one else were brought into the war then less lives would have been lost in conflict, but the Jewish race would be almost extinct.

Of course there will always be stupid wars like Vietnam, there will always be bad decisions made on either side of the equation, but in the end it's about the moral of it all.

Personally I would easily give my life to protect others, as long as that was the goal. If the government asked me to invade a country to stop the torture of innocents then I would gladly go, if the government asked me to kill innocents to make them happy then I would murder the government.

But this video has nothing really to do with that, it's just another angsty kid who wants to be heard and emtional and stuff. I'm sure he'll grow up, or have a psychotic break. Odd's are 50/50

Jewish race would be almost extinct.

I thought I would clarify something since so many people don't understand the difference from ethnicity and race. Jews are not a "race." It kind of reminds me of Mexicans saying all white people are Anglos.

Pacifism is a silly ideal that fails at a very basic level. If you think about its appliance in real crises even for a moment, it's easy to see that it will only make it easier for ambitious and greedy people to use the weak.

Indeed, however, war is only one of the methods for those ambitious and greedy people - a very obvious and relatively ineffective method one could argue.

Edited by LJF

I thought I would clarify something since so many people don't understand the difference from ethnicity and race. Jews are not a "race." It kind of reminds me of Mexicans saying all white people are Anglos.

Considering the previous imagery we removed from your signature in the past you really should watch your language, you come very close to sounding offensive there.

Some people seem not to get the point of that video. Of course the man in question does exagerate some problems. He is not going to tell you everything in details.

But all in all, he is right about many aspects of war. As some people tend to point out at a certain light, he doesn't support pacifism but he does condemn "many bad aspects of the military".

For some of us, this might sound kind of naive but he is damn right about a lot of things. And he got it right.

Regards,

TB

The American Creed.

I am an American Soldier.

I am a Warrior and a member of a team.

I serve the people of the United States, and live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.

I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.

I am an expert and I am a professional.

I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy, the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.

I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.

I am an American Soldier.

Notice it says..you are a guardian of freedom ..."and the American way of life"

That means its your duty to do what ever is necessary to maintain our standard of living..Last time I checked..you weren't obligated to join the Military... Don't like it...don't join.....I bet my bottom dollar this guy didn't even finish basic training..he was probably a washout...considering he doesn't have any unit patch's or rank on... Most of the things he has on his video is false. I served two tours in Iraq...and not once was I ordered to kick down a door and kill everyone. We only kicked down the doors of suspected insurgents. We only fired if fired upon...I heard of soldiers murdering civilians...but they went to prison for it...He got one thing right there is alot of adultery that goes on...but that's a Character flaw...and is frowned upon by the military..and illegal i might add...

This "song" embodies everything i hate about youtube, the internet, liberals, and the world in general. I would rather gouge my own eardrums out with my thumbs than listen to that steaming pile of waste again.

I was going to go on a long winded rant about how since he had the choice to not join the military, but did anyway, his complaints are rendered invalid, but I see he has a bunch of other identical video's about other topics. This leads me to believe that he is not in the military, and is whining about a subject he knows nothing about. Which makes it that much worse.

I want my 3 and a half minutes back...

(By the way, i'm talking about the OP, not the American Creed or anything, lol...)

This "song" embodies everything i hate about youtube, the internet, liberals, and the world in general. I would rather gouge my own eardrums out with my thumbs than listen to that steaming pile of waste again.

I was going to go on a long winded rant about how since he had the choice to not join the military, but did anyway, his complaints are rendered invalid, but I see he has a bunch of other identical video's about other topics. This leads me to believe that he is not in the military, and is whining about a subject he knows nothing about. Which makes it that much worse.

I want my 3 and a half minutes back...

Agreed. And I didn't watch it beyond 10 seconds. Emo kid choose to join the military and bitches because he can't be some flaming homosexual and say whatever he wants? Am I supposed to feel sorry for him?

He got one thing right there is alot of adultery that goes on...but that's a Character flaw...and is frowned upon by the military..and illegal i might add...
That owes more to the military wives rather than the servicemen. I've met many military wives who when they're husbands are home they're some of the most loyal wives out there or so it would seem and then their husbands get deployed and the wives turn from loving to loose.

I was going to go on a long winded rant about how since he had the choice to not join the military, but did anyway, his complaints are rendered invalid,

What's your point? There's quite a lot of people who come out of military service with a strong anti-war stance.

Im curious as to everyone's opinions torwards this video. Is this guy's views on the war right/wrong? What do you think about the war?

I'm anti-war; but when peoples need some help against barbary, dictators etc ... armies are useful, but most of the time the wars are made for various interests; not to protect peoples.

i'm also pacifist (in facts), but i'm not stupid; wars will exist for ever. Because humans are not made for peace. We are conceited, greedy, envious, uncivil and irresponsible, violent. And everybody can become a monster, the Einsatzgruppen are a good example, simple guys who became the dregs of civilization.

And a lot of us follows archaic dogmas which separate us, each group thinking to have the real truth. (religions, political dogma etc etc)

So i prefer to know that my country has an army, because I don't believe in the evolution of mankind (the end of bad feelings, the end of dogmas etc etc), because we don't want to change, or maybe because mankind is too coward for trying.

I was going to go on a long winded rant about how since he had the choice to not join the military, but did anyway, his complaints are rendered invalid.

If you can get over the flamboyant homo-erotic presentation, it's a dramatized reflection on the contradiction of values, and preselected sound bytes "from the front", getting force-fed to an easily deceived public at home, and the sobering reality behind becoming an asset to project Big Oil and Wall Street fantasies onto other nations by force of arms, with impunity.

puavbn0W4dI

A more prominent example for a change of mind would be Pat Tillman, who also became critical of what he was doing and whose interests he was actually serving. Imagine someone as iconized and with a media presence like him coming home, speaking his mind on prime time. That didn't happen. Among the smokescreen tossed on the circumsstances that led to his death, there was also an effort trying to discredit and silence his family afterwards.

neGq6EH0WAE

Mutiny in the SAS? Bad hair day?

A few days ago the former MI5 Director General came out with shocking news that the threat assessment for Iraq was generally categorized as low, prior to the invasion. The direct result of the Invasion being an increased terrorist threat and radicalisation of young muslims. Who would have thought of that, I never would have made that connection ...

Now whether or not we support the cause, the soldiers deserve our respect for what they decided to do (serve their country that is). I'm kind of allergic to accross the board soldier bashing.

"serving your country" has been long put out of context, and is a misleading term for executing the will of special interest groups within Governments and transnational corporations, which are intrinsically interwovenwith each other. The Bush administration represented Big Oil, Obama and crew serve the interests of Wall Street. Unless you're part of the financial elite; a shareholder or suit working in the higher echolons of the defense-, or oil industry, you are not profiting of their overseas adventures, infact you're footing the bill in more than one regard. The bulk of people joining the military also do not have the luxury of considering ideological sentiments before enlisting. Their reasons are far more practical by nature, infact for many it's the only viable option to get a job/education.

Because humans are not made for peace. We are conceited, greedy, envious, uncivil and irresponsible, violent. And everybody can become a monster, the Einsatzgruppen are a good example, simple guys who became the dregs of civilization.

Hannah Arendt, a jewish intellectual said on SS-OStbf Adolf Eichmann that

the trouble with him was that so many were like him, and that the many were neither perverted nor sadistic, that they were, and still are, terribly and terrifyingly normal. From the viewpoint of our legal institutions and of our moral standards of judgement, this normality was much more terrifying than all the atrocities put together.

Eichmann was responsible for organizing the deportation and killing of millions of jews in europe.