Sign in to follow this  
commander1985

Ovaron Island

Jeah dont know how i missed that one :/

its easy to miss something if you didn't see it :p this is one of the maps a play around on a lot i realy like it :)

Nice to hear that some people still like to play on it, after all those great maps that came out since its first release. I should have my Cicada update finished in the next days. Already fixed the Bridge bug posted above. Planning to add full Modulesupport and make this Island MSO-Ready too. Should not take that long :)

Nice to hear that some people still like to play on it, after all those great maps that came out since its first release. I should have my Cicada update finished in the next days. Already fixed the Bridge bug posted above. Planning to add full Modulesupport and make this Island MSO-Ready too. Should not take that long :)

cool :bounce3:

did this ever get fixed so it works on dedicated servers. I remember trying it on a dedicated server back near release and it didn't work.

i have put warfare on this island and i have 1 big problen at each end of the bridges all vehicals bounce up in the air and get hung up and all kinds of not to fun things making this map unsutable for warfare but i love this map is there a way to fix this or is there going to be a fix or did eney one even know of this problem

Love this island, So many different areas to fight in and you can do river fights etc. <3 I noticed Gossamer said it dident work on dedicated servers.. but that was a year ago. I wonder if it works now.

I noticed Gossamer said it dident work on dedicated servers.. but that was a year ago. I wonder if it works now.
It's being used by ArmA War Games for the current campaign, working fine on the dedicated server.

RELEASED

Evolution 22 playerco-op on Ovaron island - for combined ops with ACR lite

mission release post here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128994-GITS-Evolution-(new-main-thread)&p=2230208&viewfull=1#post2230208

general mods links etc here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128994-GITS-Evolution-%28new-main-thread%29

we are loving playing this island in evolution - great terrain.

some feedback points:

the housing/industrial sites are really great and immersive

the hills and valleys are some of the best available for flight/heli/plane convoy attack missions etc (available in T/assignments in our mission)

the symmetry isn't as noticeable as you might think, which is good

terrain, forest, bridges are very well done and some nice features like rocky gorges and castles and power grids

the rail bridge is a stroke of genius

some minor improvement ideas

approaching cities on foot is hard as the terrain around their outskirts is a little open/uncluttered/flat

could we humbly suggest if you revisit the map that you consider adding some details:

fencing/walls/hedges/outlying farms/huts/hayricks/power transformers/ruins/ gardens etc

and rippling the terrain a little - dips, rocks, culverts, etc

this would allow easier approach to cities chock full of enemy. At the moment we have to stand off and batter them with tanks/choppers and then rush in to a building - often ends in disaster!

take a look at chernarus - lopatino for instance has thick woods in the south and west you can use to approach the town, with hedges/settlements/ gardens. pustoshka has a range of hedges, farm buildings and a pond that allow gradual infiltration... the other towns have similar and so do the cities in sahrani. this is the only improvement i could ask for.

really good map mate well done!

it's so good we'll be releasing a RACS version and a modded Red version (RHS tanks/Mi28/Su33/mig17/vilas aks/RH weapons/ omod units etc) in the coming weeks

Last Activity: Jul 11 2011 20:26

He hasn't been on the forum for over a year. You're going to have to contact him through other means.