Sign in to follow this  
commander1985

Ovaron Island

It's a shame that hasn't been fixed yet. I really want to play warfare on this island, but I cannot until that is fixed because it crashes the dedi.

Great Island ! It has a very good "feel" to it that so many user made islands do not. As Mr. Peanut has requested, it needs the intro added to avoid errors when returning to main menu. I have tested the one he made and it works fine - very basic but it resolves the issue.

Unfortunately I have the same list of conflicts that columdrum posted in the rpt file. It seems to be a much shorter list than had been when previously posted by GossamerS so I suspect it too can be debugged, and I hope you do it as this island is worth it and we would most likely use it on our server.

Good job on the island just the same. :bounce3:

Edited by Zapperguy

Hey there, next version will definitly come :) MR. Peanut already sended me the intro file (thanx mate). I am still thinking about redoing the Plant stuff with World Tools but im not sure yet because i think it might ruin the flair. Most annoying things are the bridges that are still buggy. I tried to create a custom bridge but im simple not able too. I dont have the time to learn it because i do a lots of things in my Clan and also post News on an Arma2 Community Site. Besides that i have a real life too :P As you might know i worked on my other island project "cicada" and thought about how i could enhance ovaron with the things ive learned while working on it. So once its finished i will try to optimice ovaron as good as i can. For example i want to redo all roads, delete more of those double objects and get all bridges back in and working. However since i had a very weird bug after reinstalling my windows it will take a bit. I still have 1 or 2 p3d errors which will take a lot of time. Have to export everything and delete those bad models in the text files before reimport :/

Regarding those .rpt errors: Snake Man once mailed me how to fix it. And i really apreciate that. But i cant simple delete the configs from bis. As an Island creator i need to use the configs that are inside the bis.pbo's addons to make everythink work like ladders ,doors etc. It is also an important step that you can read in every tutorial about island creation. The only thing i did in the last version was to delete all configs that i definitly dont need. That was all.

I dont know why the map doesnt seem to run on some servers. It works fine on our 3 servers and on some other server i know. Like those from the PH-Clan (Greetz Guys :) ).

So if anybody know how to fix those feel free to tell me and i will do. I really dont know it sorry folks.

Chances are good :) Fixed alot of Errors and got a working Intro thanks to Mr. Peanut :) Still trying to get the Bridges working again i took out in v1.2

Jeah took way to long until i started working on it again. I guess i was to annoyed by the troubles i had. However its nice to see that people are still looking forward for a new version and are helping when they can. Its very encouraging :)

Btw. Fixed the first Bridge, just took me 8 Hours to make it work again Oo

Chances are good :) Fixed alot of Errors and got a working Intro thanks to Mr. Peanut :) Still trying to get the Bridges working again i took out in v1.2

Hooray! Invision-Board-France-632.gif

Well, signs are good for a great christmas... :)

Looks like im done, Bridges fixed except for one i wanted to stay as it is. Removed all double Objects and got rid off the Missing Config Errors. Still some Stringbugs in the Logfile. Will test today and if all wents right i load it up. However i want to get rid of the Stringerrors so expect to get a Hotfix or something like that once i know how to get rid of em too :)

Well the Map always worked on our Dedicated server, so i guess you have to try out once i release the download. Im eager to see if its working for you now.

Well the Map always worked on our Dedicated server, so i guess you have to try out once i release the download. Im eager to see if its working for you now.

If it is working I'll definetly port my warfare to it.

Thanks, finally all that bugs are fixed. Great job, i love the island :D

Edited by columdrum

Sorry but i wont add any traintracks. To much work in this state.. However i will fix the rock issue :)

something wrong with this bridge (Ovaron ver 1.3)

d8b667bfea39t.jpg

cc0473870740t.jpg

4e5f9a27cf6bt.jpg

1231fb4dddd9t.jpg

a92b325a7143t.jpg

Looks great, plenty of work put in, small details go along way for a good map :)

lol That bridge is "under Construction" do not cross :p