Message Pop ups working but markers still disappearing for people. The only pattern I have is the longer the mission goes the less reliable it seems. Either that or if someone joins a slot that was already taken OR rejoins the game after disconnecting.

I'm kinda out of ideas about the markers, since they are all shown and hidden locally for the player, they should in no case affect any other players' markers.

Are you creating the markers locally as well? Using local commands on global markers seem to cause all kinds of weird issues in some situations.

It doesn't create any, just applies local alpha 0/1.

That's probably the problem. If you want to hide/show markers locally, you need to also create them locally. Otherwise you will have issues. Not sure exactly what is causing this, but I had similar issues, and creating the markers locally instead of placing them in the editor solved the problem for me.

Ok, thanks. I shall rethink what to do with the whole marker stuff.

This still only works on dedicated right? Coz in the editor and hosted, I'm getting nothing.

Yeah, I've been too busy with other stuff. :(

I have a strange issue with the activation trigger

all work great if activated by Radio trigger and condition : this

But if i want activate it just with a condition like: "Item" in weapons player

task never show up, i dont understand, if someone can help me it would be vry appreciated.

Thank you.

Edit: trigger condition : This (Work well) "Item" in weapons player (Not work)

trigger activation: ["Task1","succeeded",["Task2","xxxxxxxx","xxxxxxxx",true,"P2","assigned"]] call SHK_Taskmaster_upd;

Edited by DarkEclip

It's a script for missions which will be used on dedicated server. There is no player on dedicated servers, thus the trigger will not fire.

Either replace the player variable by an unit name or use 2 triggers, one that checks for the item and then publicvariables a variable, which the 2nd trigger catches and updates the task.

Thx you Sir

(("Kostey_map_case" in weapons S1) OR ("Kostey_map_case" in weapons S2))

Work well

Edited by DarkEclip

hmm still having problems with the markers showing up at the start of the mission....

to hide the markers i've added markers to your ""tent"object in the example mission:

{_x setMarkerAlphaLocal 0; diag_log format ["hiding %1",_x]} foreach ["MarkerAA","MarkerIsland","MarkerDropzone","MarkerAmbush","MarkerTown","MarkerConvoy"]

does this hide the markers at the missionstart?

Edited by BelgarionNL

Sorry it has taken so long, I took a break from Arma 2.

Updates:

0.22 Changed: Made add, assign and update functions useable in triggers without getting undefined variable error on clients.

0.21 Changed: Script can now be started with call as well as execvm.

0.20 Added: Support for non-dedicated servers.

0.13 Added: SHK_Taskmaster_initDone variable will be set to true once tasks are processed and functions loaded.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

hmm still having problems with the markers showing up at the start of the mission....

to hide the markers i've added markers to your ""tent"object in the example mission:

{_x setMarkerAlphaLocal 0; diag_log format ["hiding %1",_x]} foreach ["MarkerAA","MarkerIsland","MarkerDropzone","MarkerAmbush","MarkerTown","MarkerConvoy"]

does this hide the markers at the missionstart?

I've seen reports about inconsistent performance when trying to locally hide/change globally created markers. I might need to rethink the whole marker support.

0.20 Added: Support for non-dedicated servers.

:inlove:

Finally I can move to that new version. :)

0.24 Changed: Marker handling. Hiding/showing has been removed and replaced with local marker creation.

0.23 Added: Support for Single Player missions. Mainly to enable tasks in the SP mission editor preview.

Marker parameter changed from simple marker name string to an array holding data to create a local marker. Doing this gets rid of all the work to place markers in editor and then hiding them. Should work more reliably as well.

Marker        array     Marker related to the task. It will be created only for the units who have the task. Marker will be hidden after task is completed.
 Name        string    Name of the marker to create.
 Position    string    Position of the marker.
 Type        string    Marker type. Optional, default is "selector_selectedMission".
 Color       string    Marker color. Optional, default is red.

As usual, please tell me about any bugs you find or features you want.

Just to let you know. I found a bug that only affects non-dedicated servers. On high stress MP host adding a new task can sometimes be added twice. It happens when adding one right after another was updated.

I'll fix it ASAP.

It seems it can happen on dedi as well. For now, to avoid it, do a small delay between update and addition.

["blabla","succeeded"] call SHK_Taskmaster_upd;

sleep 1;

["bleble",...] call SHK_Taskmaster_add;

0.25 Changed: 1.55 patch changed note addition order to same as tasks. Code changed to keep the old way of adding them.

Before 1.55 the game put newest task top of the list and newest note to the bottom. Now, in 1.55, both go to the top. I reversed the note addition code, so you can still write them in the order they should be viewed.

Too busy to really get into the upd + add thing. :(

Hi shk,

Love this BTW so easy to use !

When I use "Objective" as my marker as below when I start the mission I get

"no entry bin/config.bin\cfgmarkers.objects"

["Task1","task1","task1",true,["markerTask1",getmarkerpos "marker1","Objective","ColorKhaki"]] call SHK_Taskmaster_add

If I use "start" for my marker it works fine -any idea why I cannot use "Objective" ?

Thanks

Ahhh that would be why then changed them now and it works fine.

Is there a way to get it to zoom to the current Task on the map ? i.e double click the Task ?

Thanks

Just add a link to the marker in to the task description. ;)

Just put this on a dedi server and no tasks come? When I run this from my local PC and host it works great ? Any idea why it will not show on dedi server ?

Thanks