Sign in to follow this  
sxp2high

Cargo Load and Drop Script

Strange problem I'm getting, the vehicles are ejecting with smoke but there's no parachute

this is for OA only.... open the btk folder then open the engine.sqf and

change "ParachuteBigWest" to "ParachuteBigWest_EP1".

example below:

//// Create parachute and smoke

sleep 2;

_Parachute = "ParachuteBigWest_EP1"createVehicle position _Object;

_Parachute setPos (getPos _Object);

_BlueSmoke = "SmokeShellBlue" createVehicle position _Object;

_BlueSmoke setPos (getPos _Object);

_Object attachTo [_Parachute,[0,0,-1.5]];

good luck

mark

So now, here's a small update:

******* Changelog v1.92 *******

******* CHANGED *******

+ AW159 Wildcat is now small transporter

+ Mi17 and Mi117 are now large transporters

+ C130 positions tweaked (thx spyhunter82)

+ F35 load position (to avoid collison)

+ PAA file is now included (No more error messages for not-arrowhead users)

Download

Very nice script i only noticed 1 problem when para droping a ammo box from you demo mission eg littlebird when it lands on the ground i can not get any weapons or gear out. I checked this over and over you can get weapons out of the ammo box but when loaded and para droped it wont let you get anything out. Does anyone have this problem ?

Please help someone.

We are having a problem with this awesome script. When I drop an ammocrate I am able to access the contents but no one else is. Any ideas?

Nice script sxp2high! Thanks a lot, I gonna using this in my mission.

Please count me to "wish list" :)

So...

1. Is there a chance to add possibility of using of land vehicles to transport the cargo? I've added a couple of trucks/cars to small transporters list in Settings_Transporter.sqf. However it doesn't work in just that way. Examples below:

if (

(_Transporter isKindOf "AH6_Base_EP1") ||

(_Transporter isKindOf "Su25_base") ||

..... etc.

(_Transporter isKindOf "AW159_Lynx_BAF") ||

(_Transporter isKindOf "UAZ_CDF") ||

(_Transporter isKindOf "UAZ_INS") ||

(_Transporter isKindOf "UAZ_RU") ||

(_Transporter isKindOf "UralCivil") ||

(_Transporter isKindOf "UralCivil2") ||

(_Transporter isKindOf "UralOpen_CDF") ||

(_Transporter isKindOf "Kamaz") ||

...... etc.

2. Also I would like to "load" a specific cargo into specific chopper at the beggining of my mission by writting a command into init line of the cargo and/or chopper or by any other method to do this. What have to be done to achive it?

3. It would be great to load big cargo to the bigger transporters i.e. a couple of ammunition crates into Mi8 or big vehicle like Kamaz truck.

Sorry for my english. I hope I am understandable because it is crucial to get any help, I think :)

Keep up good work!

Cheers

I will look into the box issue, thanks for reporting guys.

@NightIntruder

It would be a lot of work to change my script for use with land vehicles. Please use the R3F Logistic script instead. It's a really nice script for cargo transportation.

2. Good idea, will try to make this possible.

3. Also a good idea, will try to make this possible too.

Looks like i have to release an update soon. :)

I like your script and plan on using it my missions as well.

the R3F script was too complicated, I couldn't get it working without error.

I also would like to add cargo to vehicles and such. but adding vehicle lines didn't work for me either.

Maybe you could show us how to do it?

Also: I noticed that some cargo actually stick through the vehicles. Like I put a jackal in a ch47 and the roof of the jackel stuck through the chopper.

Any chance you could include an option to make the cargo invisible once its added to the vehicle?

I also would like to add cargo to vehicles and such. but adding vehicle lines didn't work for me either.

Well, actually I've got this working w/o major issues. Look above to my post to see how cars can be added to the system. So add types of cars you need into Settings_Transporter.sqf using the same way, then add word "Car" to line in Init.sqf in BTK/Cargo Drop folder located in your mission folder, like below:

//// Add action to all vehicles, check every 5 seconds

while {true} do {

{[_x] execVM "BTK\Cargo Drop\InitAction.sqf";} forEach (nearestObjects [player, ["Air","Car"], 30]);

sleep 5;

};

The only minor issue I noticed is that truck's cargo is unloaded a little too far from the vehicle (a couple of meters).

Any chance you could include an option to make the cargo invisible once its added to the vehicle?

I think it could be easier and safer just move that cargo from a vehicle to any empty place on the world (map) just for needed time than move it back just in place you want to see it (i.e. below opened parachute).

Cheers!

Is there any way to have the AI drop cargo at a certain trigger or spot.Thanks for the script

Edited by spartanx

How can I fix the Breadly and Tanks for he c130

Edited by maik0012

Can someone help me? How would I add the m1a1 and m1a1 tusk to the list of classes that the c130 will load?

Thanks for your scriptpackage!

One question:

Is there a function to load cargo into the vehicle? Like, I spawn a C130 in the air and it is already loaded with an object.

Hello sxp2high,

Today I downloaded your 1.92 version of your Drop/Load Script. I tested it in my mission and it seemed to work just fine. I have been trying to load multiple ATV's into a chinook but when I drive the second ATV by the chinook, the only action I get is "unload", referring to the already loaded ATV. Is there a way to edit the script to add multiple ATV's into the Chinook?

Thank you again for your work.

Force

Hi Force_Majeure,

with the current version it's not possible to load more then 1 object. To do so it requires a lot of extra work. Attach points etc. Maybe some time in the future.

Melmarkian,

This is not possible atm, but its a good idea. Will add this possibility in the future.

I will rewrite this function in the near future. Because i have learned so much since i created it. I will fix the ammo box problem and make it 100% mp compatible.

That would be awesome because adding this to MSO would be perfect.

I also noticed if I load more than one thing at a time in the demo when I unload it unloads another vehicle than the one I'm looking at..

I've tried this scriptpack in my mission (OA only) and the crate was stuck in the air and no parachute appeared.

what to do?

where do I alter the parachute class?

Hi guys,

please be patience, new version of this function will be ready soon. Like i said i rewritten it completely.

It will be compatible with both ArmA2 and OA standalone and it will be 100% multiplayer compatible. That means Player A loads something, Player B can drop it and so on.

It will also feature more configurable stuff and it will be compatible with @ACE, @PRACS and @BWMod, maybe more. :)

Hopefully im able to fix the ammobox issue too. (Not looked into it yet)

Give me a few more days.