Sign in to follow this  
sxp2high

Cargo Load and Drop Script

I don't know why this happens. Never happend to me not on both multi- and singleplayer. It's in the air because i attach it there for 0.2 seconds (Just a way to put it behind the vehicle no matter which direction the transporter is facing) before setting height to ground level.

Which map are you trying? Takistan?

Have you canged anything in the script?

the map is takistan and its co30 domination 2.54. this time i didnt change anything i just replaced the old btk folder with the new one

heres a link to my mision

http://rapidshare.com/files/419102323/co30_Domination_2_54A2_West_R_.Takistan.rar

EDIT: you might want to attach as close to the ground as possible for 0.2 seconds, then have it set to ground level

Edited by spyhunter82

Hey,

Looks like a good script but didn't really have a chance to do the demo mission... the little bird seems to explode when turning hard! On top of this I got no drop options while in it, this occured in hover at various altitudes and when moving at various altitudes.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your feedback. I messed the drop function with the last update, sorry. Its working now again, please download again.

I also changed the little bird attach point a bit, to avoid collisions. But you should fly carefully with cargo loaded. :D

@spyhunter82

I'll take a look at it. :)

Edit:

Please change

#include "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf";

to

execVM "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf";

in your init. Include was not working properly, so i changed this. Maybe this was causing the error.

But in the editor its working fine with you mission. Did you have that problem in the editor too? Othwerwise i would say it was just the include thing.

Edited by sxp2high

its happening in both the editor and in the main mission i also changed

#include "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf";

to

execVM "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf";

and its still happening.

thats strange winchester im getting the same problem, works ok on the ground but not in the air

@sxp2high

//// Detach object

sleep 3;

_Object attachTo [_Transporter,[0,-21,-3.7]];

sleep 0.2;

deTach _Object;

sleep 0.2;

_Object setPos [(getPos _Object select 0),(getPos _Object select 1),0];

these attachto points look a lot better

gunna take a look at why it wont drop in the air

EDIT: well its not the new attachpoints above because i switched to an unedited version and its still the same

Edited by spyhunter82

hi all

i got it all working now very nicely heres a little demo for you all

it should unload the veichles firmly on the ground and unload well in flight

@ sxp2high

could you take a look at this

EDIT: link has been updated with more attachpoint tweaks. this make the unloading in the air look more realistic http://rapidshare.com/files/419259094/simple_load_and_unload.Takistan.rar

great little script m8 good job :yay: i will be useing this in most missions that i make

thanks

mark

Edited by spyhunter82

Hey mate, a bug/problem ive got for you... when you do sharp manouvers in the littlebird at the start of the demo, even just 1 sharp turn from the airfield at the start damages the helo that much that you are forced to land! im thinking that the package etc what is attached is too close whatever, cause its causing the damage.

Apart from that though, nice addon! thanks :)

Hey,

I tested this script again tonight and I'm fairly impressed. There are however a few bugs that make it unusable for us yet, all basically revolve around the box placement.

The following vehicles explode when flying (might be more):

Merlin

F35

AH64

Also vehicles can be loaded into helicopter while they are manned... although I found that one quite amusing so not bothered if it stays, who says its bad having a manned M2 in your cargo... :p

Another thing that is not a huge problem, it seems if someone loads a vehicle only HE can fly the chopper and unload it, others just have a LOAD option still... any plans to store the vars serverside and accessed by all?

Hi sxp2high,

good script, using it Domination 2.11 missions

BUT, C130J does not allow load. (there is no C130J_base i can see in Arma2 vanilla) changed the script to look for C130J, and now the Load option does appear on the menu, only the C130J does not load when you click the button.

All the other aircraft work fine.

Any ideas?

Tx Spy,

Only, the link does not work, lol.

More feedback, Arma 2 vanilla not OA, created a brand new mission with only C130J, Humvee, and myself on the map, created a Init.sqf, added the BTK folder, and the initialization line (execVM "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf"; ).

Still the same, C130J does not load.

Using the BTK as supplied with Arma2 vanilla gives: This vehicle does not support transport loads" once only.

Checked the script and this is how I found that there is no "C130J_base" in the CFGVehicles for Arma2 NON OA, only a "C130J"

That is easy to fix, which I did, so the C130J does get the option. but nothing happens when you click the option.

It may have something to do with ramp anims?

Not that clued up on scripts, just started.

Cheers

[EDIT] Ok Spy, I was able to get your mission off a previous link. Thanks

I see what you did, using #include. I updated my init.sqf the same way, but used the "C130J" class not "C130J_base". It now works, but it is missing something. ( a .PAA, but not important, probably comes with OA).

As long as it works.

Thanks again.

Edited by muzashi1963
updated

Tx Spy,

Only, the link does not work, lol.

More feedback, Arma 2 vanilla not OA, created a brand new mission with only C130J, Humvee, and myself on the map, created a Init.sqf, added the BTK folder, and the initialization line (execVM "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf"; ).

Still the same, C130J does not load.

Using the BTK as supplied with Arma2 vanilla gives: This vehicle does not support transport loads" once only.

Checked the script and this is how I found that there is no "C130J_base" in the CFGVehicles for Arma2 NON OA, only a "C130J"

That is easy to fix, which I did, so the C130J does get the option. but nothing happens when you click the option.

It may have something to do with ramp anims?

Not that clued up on scripts, just started.

Cheers

[EDIT] Ok Spy, I was able to get your mission off a previous link. Thanks

I see what you did, using #include. I updated my init.sqf the same way, but used the "C130J" class not "C130J_base". It now works, but it is missing something. ( a .PAA, but not important, probably comes with OA).

As long as it works.

Thanks again.

sorry about the link "dam rapidshare limit"

heres the latest demo

http://rapidshare.com/files/419363998/simple_load_and_unload.Takistan.rar

Didn't check the whole topic - so it might sound stupid: does this script allow just load/unload vehicle option without actually dropping the cargo from air?

yes it unloads in the air

check the demo above

or use the full version from sxp2high on page 1

Edited by spyhunter82

@spyhunter82

Ta, mate.

Won't do me any good, but for checking scripts, as I don't have OA.

It is working fine 'cept for the missing .paa.

OK so to use it in the Domi maps, it has to be added as we have now done.

by using the .......(#include "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf"; ) format, not execVM "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf";

Learning.

LOL. my domi mission now has: mando missiles, BTK load, AC130 Spectre gunship, BalCa, and a Fire For Effect script for artillery I wrote myself.:eek:

Pity I cant get the BalCa to work with Arma2's MLRS or Grad.

Ah well, can't have everything, right?

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

[EDIT]

The missing .paa looks like it DOES come with OA, unpbo'd the whole of CA in Arma2 v1.07, no such image.

the image is: image='\CA\Missions_e\bootcamp\BootCamp_Shared\modules\img\img_line_ca.paa'

now I am not a guru with scripts, or arma2 as a whole, as i said, but Arma2 vanilla has "missions_ew" not "missions_e".

Edited by muzashi1963

Didn't check the whole topic - so it might sound stupid: does this script allow just load/unload vehicle option without actually dropping the cargo from air?

You can drop from the air. With a parachute. Unload is just in case you changed your mind about cargo. :)

@spyhunter82

Thanks for you efforts, i will look into your changed stuff. :)

@muzashi1963

Sorry about that paa. You're right, its from theOperation Arrowhead tutorial. Didn't think about that. I'll change that.

@rexehuk

Thanks for the feedback. I will take a look at these vehicles. I wasn't able to test everything...

The server store thing will be added in near future, at the moment the script is executed local 95%.

Edited by sxp2high

@spyhunter82

Ta, mate.

Won't do me any good, but for checking scripts, as I don't have OA.

It is working fine 'cept for the missing .paa.

OK so to use it in the Domi maps, it has to be added as we have now done.

by using the .......(#include "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf"; ) format, not execVM "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf";

Learning.

LOL. my domi mission now has: mando missiles, BTK load, AC130 Spectre gunship, BalCa, and a Fire For Effect script for artillery I wrote myself.:eek:

Pity I cant get the BalCa to work with Arma2's MLRS or Grad.

Ah well, can't have everything, right?

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

[EDIT]

The missing .paa looks like it DOES come with OA, unpbo'd the whole of CA in Arma2 v1.07, no such image.

the image is: image='\CA\Missions_e\bootcamp\BootCamp_Shared\modules\img\img_line_ca.paa'

now I am not a guru with scripts, or arma2 as a whole, as i said, but Arma2 vanilla has "missions_ew" not "missions_e".

no there was an update from sxp2high, you should use

execVM "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf"; as for the .paa im not sure as i only use arrowhead now

uhm for some reason it drops the first thing i loaded! if i load stuff into 2 vehicles it unloads the first cargo also! even if i am flying in the second heli with cargo!

maybe a BUG?

no there was an update from sxp2high, you should use

execVM "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf"; as for the .paa im not sure as i only use arrowhead now

Hmm. did that originally Spy. AFTER the update. Did not work for me. Only after I used #include.... did it work.......SOOOOOO, I will leave it as is, until sxp2high tells me otherwise. It works, is ALL i care about. May have something to do with the subtle differences between OA and ArmA2 original.

@sxp2high.

Thanks dude. Only a problem for those of us who have not purchased OA,.....yet.

Giving it time to mature, as I normally do. Ony bought ArmA2 about a 8 months after release. Learned my lesson about buying games at release early on.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by muzashi1963

Thanks BelgarionNL for reporting that, i will fix that.

muzashi1963, Arrowhead isn't a brand new game, just an add-on, so no worries about it's state. :)

It's great and worth buying. Takistan is such a nice map. :)

Anyway, my intend was to make the script for all versions, so i'll definitely change that PAA.

Great to have so much testers, didn't expect that so many people are interested in this script. Sorry for the bugs and problems, i just started scripting some months ago... still learning... :D

Please be patience, next version will be up in some days.

Edit:

Hmm. did that originally Spy. AFTER the update. Did not work for me. Only after I used #include.... did it work.......SOOOOOO, I will leave it as is, until sxp2high tells me otherwise.

The Start.sqf hasn't been changed with the update, so its working, yes.

But... I have to tell you otherwise. ;)

Including it into the init.sqf is a bad thing. It has sleep and waituntil commands in it. A no-go for init.sqf.

Just put the execVM "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf"; to the very top of you init.sqf and you should be fine. If it's not working feel free to send me your mission...

Edited by sxp2high

Not a problem, sxp2high. I will try it tonight.

Thanks for your prompt replies.

Yes, I know OA is an addon. How many patches so far? :D

Also, my clan has just recently started playing arma2, after many, many years of GRAW/Battlefield/BF2 (I may have had a lot to do with that, I kept promoting Arma2, hehe..)

So not many of the guys have rushed out to buy OA. We will bide our time, get used to what we have before jumping in.

Until then, it's ArmA2 original, then ACE2, then OA. slowly does it. so many things to catch up with.

[EDIT]

you may want to change your Settings_Transporter.sqf so that it is possible to use Arma2 without OA:

//// XTRA Large

if (

(_Transporter isKindOf "C130J_base")|| //OA plane class

(_Transporter isKindOf "C130J") // Arma2 plane class

// No OR || after the last entry!!

) then { _SelectedTransporterTypeXL = true; };

AND Settings_Objects.sqf

//// Xtra Large

//// C130J_base, C130J

_ObjectsXL = [

"Misc_cargo_cont_net1",

"Misc_cargo_cont_net2",

"Misc_cargo_cont_net3",

"Misc_cargo_cont_small",

"Misc_cargo_cont_small2",

"Misc_cargo_cont_tiny",

"Motorcycle",

"Car",

"ATV_Base_EP1",

"Truck",

"Wheeled_APC",

Edited by muzashi1963

Can someone explain to me how I add this to domination. I'm fairly new to arma editing. What I've done is put the script in my usermissions folder, added to init.sqf, saved the domination mission in the editor + used the dom_maker batch file process but it's not working

@sxp2high

It works mate, thanks, all that is needed now, is to update that missing .paa :)

@JLea

1. You have to unpbo the domination mission. The folder thus created will have an init.sqf file included (also mission.sqf, and description.ext, and a host of others).....(I use: co40_Domination_2_11A2_West_R.Chernarus.pbo becomes co40_Domination_2_11A2_West_R.Chernarus)

2. Copy the BTK folder (the one with Cargo Drop folder inside) into your mission folder (e.g co40_Domination_2_11A2_West_R.Chernarus)

3. add the line execVM "BTK\Cargo Drop\Start.sqf"; to the very top of the init.sqf

4. save the init.sqf

5. good idea to edit your mission.sqf and alter the display name, as well as renaming the mission folder. That way you don't confuse the missions

6.pbo the mission folder (e.g co40_Domination_2_11A2_West_R.ChernarusII.pbo) afterwards

7. place this pbo into your MPMissions or missions folder to access it in SP or MP

good luck.

You can also try the mission out before pboing it, by placing the WHOLE mission folder (Your_Domination_Mission) into your MPMissions folder in arma2 or Arma2OA root folder

Edited by muzashi1963