Sign in to follow this  
macgragor

programming controls

This is turning into a nightmare! A great game except I can't program a thing. My logitech wingman extreme's 12 functions have to be programmed manually every time I play as it forgets when I shutdown. And simple things, like trying to setup the game functions to operate more like OFP(imagine that) have to be constantly programmed over and over again. I can't do this every time. I'm sorry. And where the hell is the button for locking on a target with a guided weapon. Oh! in the all commands section. Of course!

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Flying the helicopter with no z rotation is a real trick. I wish I could do it. If not pedal right/left, what? I've spent all of half an hour playing and 3 hours programming buttons, many for the umpteenth time. WTF?

Edited by macgragor

This is turning into a nightmare! A great game except I can't program a thing. My logitech wingman extreme's 12 functions have to be programmed manually every time I play as it forgets when I shutdown. And simple things, like trying to setup the game functions to operate more like OFP(imagine that) have to be constantly programmed over and over again. I can't do this every time. I'm sorry. And where the hell is the button for locking on a target with a guided weapon. Oh! in the all commands section. Of course!

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Flying the helicopter with no z rotation is a real trick. I wish I could do it. If not pedal right/left, what? I've spent all of half an hour playing and 3 hours programming buttons, many for the umpteenth time. WTF?

Is your "profilename.Arma2Profile" set to read-only? The one located in Documents\Arma 2 Other profiles\profilename.Arma2Profile.

EDIT: And the target lock button is default "TAB"

You have to remove turn left/right (Or maby another similar air function. Been so long ago since i did this)

before applying pedal right/left, if both are set it wont work quite as well.

Remember to always plug in your Yoystick before starting up Arma 2, or else the buttons wont work.

If you forget this, yust restart the game with the stick connected, and the buttons you configured should apear.

But if you edit any keys before restarting, they wont, and you have to start all over again.

Also remember to properly shut down the game, the first time, after editing your buttons, alt+F4 is a no no.

A tip is to make a backup of your profile after you have configured your keys.

So if anything should come out of place you can yust put the backup back and have your buttons set.

To target you can "right click mouse" on target to lock, or use "TAB" to browse trough targets.

GL on you setup, yust play around with your buttons and get familiar with the functions.

Its a win-win scenario :)