Sign in to follow this  
WillaCHilla

New beta build 71548 up

Gnat;1653370']Long time since I tried a Beta' date=' but this one is NICE !

FPS reads as lower, but its actually not, and it seems much smoother.

Only small problem is, on some menus it appears the mouse is laggy ...... anyone noticed this or is it just me?[/quote']

yes gnat i noticed that ,

especially if you mean laggy and skipping back/forth

yet i'm unable to reproduce that clearly for now

plus it always fix itself after alt+tab or switching to other application

Yes fantastic performance on my rig (spec in sig below) with cpucount 4 and exthreads 7 (HT on). No stutter, smoother and better lod switching. Definate overall improvement.

Haven't had a chance to test this yet but glad to see BIS hard at work and that you guys with large amount of RAM benefit from it!

Anyway, if some intend to test the /3GB switch when A2 becomes LAA on XP/Vista 32-bit be sure to read up on the /USERVA switch as well, even MS warns about potential side effects so beware...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316739

/KC

So with this new beta XP will use more than 4Gb?That seems unlikely as I thought it was hardcoded and impossible to do.

This BETA is definitely much bette than any previous version. No more stuttering. Really looking forward to getting my GTX275 running on my rig + a "real" patch with these kinds of improvements. Keep up the good work!

Core i7 920 - 8 GB RAM - GTX260

I have 2 GTX 295s (Stock) , I7 965 (Stock) , 12 Gigs of ram 1333h , windows vista 64 bit. (EVERYTHING newest drivers)

I get an average of about 38 FPS with everything maxed out , i play Capture the island only.

4k View Distance , x8 AA , everything maxed. Get decent FPS , but i get crashes constantly i look in my logs for a display driver crash and there is none. The game just stops. Even if i lower the graphic settings it last about an hour longer and it crashes for no reason , i mean the game has no hardware reason to crash , just dont understand how to fix this. If i get an helicopter or jet im guaranteed a game crash in about 10 minutes. Is it me or the game?

Just so frustrating i still havnt been able to enjoy the full aspect of the game because of this and the devs are fairly active on this , just so aggeravting when i finally get my gear setup , my squad layout set up , get to the town im going to assualt , start the attack and half way through CRASH , or right after the attack next objective CRASH. :( Need some tips to get this to stop.

PS: No problems with mouse lag however :)

Edited by milkyway12

Yeah, I get the CTDs too while playing multi-player ACE2 for about an hour or so. A friend of mine reported the same thing. Memory leak?

With this beta things feel smoother and there's less stutter, but I still have some trees and bushes that stay at ugly low LODs until I get very close.

runs fine (dual-core, 4gb ram, win xp), except for the CTD I've got right now, which did not happen before this patch (though sure, this may be a coincidence):

ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 0 KB).
 footprint 343890384 KB.
 pages 16384 KB.

Link to ad0ce02b (Obj-412,360:43) not released
Link to adccdccb (Obj-411,366:1227) not released
Link to adccd46f (Obj-410,366:1135) not released

Thanx BIS .

This beta has worked wonders.

The Game runs very smooth even with lots of MODs active.

Much better streaming performance , les lod swiching overall noticable nicer gameplay then previus versions.

Best of all.... No crash whatsoever:-)

exthreads=7/ All very high / AA via nhancer 4xCombined / Singleplayer Missions / Campaigns / specs in my sig./

again, This is gresat. Thanx a lot.

I will try and test some multilayer later on.

runs fine (dual-core, 4gb ram, win xp), except for the CTD I've got right now, which did not happen before this patch (though sure, this may be a coincidence):

footprint 343890384 KB.
 pages 16384 KB.

I also got same error, when playing campaign manhattan mission. (q9400, 4gb, win7 64bit)

footprint 343890384 KB.
 pages 16384 KB.

I got the same exact error message expect mine said , (Requested 3KB)

I have figured out that the reason for the CTD's with this patch is to do with ACE2's countermeasure system in aircraft. Every time you get locked on and deploy flares you will crash to desktop.

Works fine with the last beta patch and the latest ACE2 version.

Definitely smoother but still nearly unplayable stuttering and low FPS in the big cities (Elektrozavodsk)

Nice performance improvement thought.

I got the same exact error message expect mine said , (Requested 3KB)

what video memory setting do you have in the video options?

I have figured out that the reason for the CTD's with this patch is to do with ACE2's countermeasure system in aircraft. Every time you get locked on and deploy flares you will crash to desktop.

Works fine with the last beta patch and the latest ACE2 version.

It must be just your client machine then because mine works fine in the scenario that you describe above.

ArmA2 is very stable for me I have not had a CTD or lockup for months.

Hi,

i have the same Problem as siementaa...

On Chernarus .... when i get locked on and deploy flares (RKSL) - ARMA 2 will crash to desktop.

I asked this before(few months ago) without answer - so, what are the best page file settings for Arma2 ? I have 4GB RAM(I know, XP 32-bit not use it all) and Windows XP SP3 32-bit.
Hm, anyone?

I have 8 gigs of ram, using windows 7 x64, and using a 4870X2 2gb graphics card.

What settings do I need to use?

Do I need this maxmem thing, or the exThreads parameters?

I have 8 gigs of ram, using windows 7 x64, and using a 4870X2 2gb graphics card.

What settings do I need to use?

Do I need this maxmem thing, or the exThreads parameters?

since last beta(s) by default

if game detects you have quadcore it will use -cpuCount=4 and -exThreads=7 (for dualcore it's 2 and 0)

maxMem by default use 0.5 to 1.5GB memory as needed

Got this error with 71548 and 71382, when attempting to save the mission after 90 mins, or so, of MP play time.

arma2-memory.gif

when i try to play sertain usermade campaigns the game freezes.

only solution is to go to task manager and end the game