Sign in to follow this  
WillaCHilla

New beta build 71548 up

You have to modify the executable, which may (and in all likelyhood will) trigger the FADE copy protection.

Suma said it was possible to do this.

If someone feels courageou, you may try this with x64 windows - you should see the RAM usage going quite high, however there might be some issues - this is not complete yet at our side, which is why the flag is not enabled by default.

Suma said it was possible to do this.

Ahh, I missed that. I think I will just wait for the upcoming beta which will support it from the developers' end. :cool:

So far no problem on win7 x64 with 4gb ram. Tested view distance from 2,000-10,000. Definitly was alot smoother, The frame rate hit was there but overall it was much smoother and less stuttering and general loading of textures.

After playing Chernarus, MP superpowers, for about an hour and a half, I went to save it, and crashed. Window reported an out of memory issue, and some blurb about a pagefile.

Great framrate etc now nut still get CTDs every hour or two when playing Dom with ACE. Dont get this when using no beta.

Can a dev please share light on to what you should set the video memory too in game for 512mb cards!

This is insane I've never seen a developer and a publisher so dedicated to making their product as polished as possible even when it's already out by a year.

I bought and own a premium Stell Beast Pro PE and even in that I didn't see such commitment that BI is displaying with ArmA 2 :bounce3:

I'm overjoyed to see that >4GB systems will see a boost from later builds. Looking forward to the build later this week. :)

This is insane I've never seen a developer and a publisher so dedicated to making their product as polished as possible even when it's already out by a year.

I bought and own a premium Stell Beast Pro PE and even in that I didn't see such commitment that BI is displaying with ArmA 2 :bounce3:

I guess that's why the community is so loyal here... Great game, great developer, great community, great fun!

I guess that's why the community is so loyal here... Great game, great developer, great community, great fun!

So true, <3 u BIS :inlove:

It's really amazing to see how far ArmA II has come in one year.

Stuttering is almost non exsistant now!

Cant wait for the weeks ahead!

*Gives some wine to BIS*

:pc:

I am having a problem. I installed the mod and am i using the mod launcher. Whats going on?

http://img267.imageshack.us/f/problems.jpg/

Whats that mean?

Vista 64 bit latest updates , GFX card latest update nvidia

That's how steam works... not GOOD at all with Beta patch's. The only release that works is the latest v.1.05.62017 if you like to use the ingame overall futures. U can still play arma2 with beta if u use Steam, but in this case your play time will not be logged in steam. U need to use that shortcut file that are included after you install a beta patch, it's located in your arma2 folder (ink) file.

Edited by MJK-Ranger

I have tested the latest beta (with a mission with many scripts and I use many addons) and so far no stutter, no CTD, performance is improved, thanks BIS.:)

Edited by gulag

That's how steam works... not GOOD at all with Beta patch's. The only release that works is the latest v.1.05.62017 if you like to use the ingame overall futures. U can still play arma2 with beta if u use Steam, but in this case your play time will not be logged in steam. U need to use that shortcut file that are included after you install a beta patch, it's located in your arma2 folder (ink) file.

Huh, I play with the beta patch every day thru Steam and it works just fine. I have the in game overlay and everything. Just use a mod launcher and add it as a non-steam game.

Tested the new beta last evening:

-No measurable FPS increase (as expected), BUT definitely a smoother transition between the different LODs. No problems so far, but I will test it a bit more at the weekend.

Another thought whats causing my CTDs is that im running the lastest beta while our server is on the standard 1.05 cause we have a linux server?

http://img62.imageshack.us/i/missingfile.jpg/

I see , i dont have the Beta launcher i saw in the readme file , how do i get the beta launcher or is the file corrupt?

I need this reply and the reply on the page before this with this image in it deleted ASAP please.

There is no threat to that accounts security , but you can never be 100% sure , just need it deleted as soon as you get time MOD , thank you.

Has anyone else tried FRAPS with this latest beta? I did yesterday, briefly, and noticed that the framerate while recording seemed a lot better than in previous betas. Didn't have time to try it extensively, but it certainly appeared much smoother at first glance. Can anyone confirm? :)

Has anyone else tried FRAPS with this latest beta? I did yesterday, briefly, and noticed that the framerate while recording seemed a lot better than in previous betas. Didn't have time to try it extensively, but it certainly appeared much smoother at first glance. Can anyone confirm? :)

I noticed this too :)

gRRR the Armaholic link for this patch discussion leads to the previous patch.

Short of repeating my post in the other thread I just want to say that yes I have noticed an improvement with stutter and RAM usage. Though I was expecting a bit more on the RAM usage side, but I'm ignorant of such matters so am still tickled pink

Thanks BIS.

Long time since I tried a Beta, but this one is NICE !

FPS reads as lower, but its actually not, and it seems much smoother.

Only small problem is, on some menus it appears the mouse is laggy ...... anyone noticed this or is it just me?

Only small problem is, on some menus it appears the mouse is laggy ...... anyone noticed this or is it just me?

Yes, the mouse in the Armory weapon selection screen (for example) is very badly affected and has been for some number of betas now.

I played Trial by fire for 4 hours last night with no ACE. Not sure if it was a good city to gauge beta performance but texture loaded ok, no stutter, no CTD, well i have one CTD and that was because i disabled PageFile, so re-enabling it back solved the issue.

Settings were very high, except AA on Normal and the other AA is on normal too. PP on low, VD on 2600 and shadow on high, VM on very high.

I'm using exThreads=7 with my core 2 cpu.