Sign in to follow this  
Skelt

Spawn AI VIA a trigger ->Move to way points

I haven't been mission making for awhile, and unfortunately I lost a really nice script I had which I would:

1)Place a trigger on the map [Activation: Blufore; Once]

2) Once activated, would spawn preplaced units and allow them to use the UPS script, or UPSMON script. Or at the least, allow them to move to a seek and destroy way point.

I am sure the script I had formly is listed somewhere in this forum however I cannot locate it for the life of me. If someone could link me to it, or paste in the code for the: spawn.sqf, The code to put in the Unit's INIT, and finally the code to put in the Trigger.

I wish I had the brillance a lot of people on here have with scripting.

Thank you very much in advance,

~Skelt

Spawn.sqf is just a name, so it could relate to any one of a hundred scripts all called the same thing but containing different code. There's a sticky thread containing common requests, spawning being on of them, look there.

Yeah I knew that :) but thank you I will look there, I really appreciate it, I thought those posts were just dreams, and mainly no answers. Thanks again,

-Skelt

I'm going to rephrase my question above:

Trigger activated script that calls "Cached" units I have place in the editor. So far found a lot that spawn "random" groups. But that's not what I'm looking for =/

I want to spawn specific units, with specific load outs, once the player crosses a trigger. Also, only the group's need to be specified in the script, not each individual soldier. One script is placed in the INIT of the Group leader, the other in the trigger.

(As I just now came across a script that almost allows you to do what I'm asking :This however it would appear you are defining each soldier individually in the script, where I'd rather place them in the editor, slap something in it's init feild and be done with it.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~Skelt

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Fairly confident I just found the exact Script I am looking for here

:) If it's not, I'm sure you'll hear me bickering again shortly, however, I am 99.9% sure this is the exact script I used. Took about a solid hour to find, but worth it.

Edited by Skelt