Sign in to follow this  
megagoth1702

CAplants, CAroads, CArocks missing?

Hello!

I am new to ArmA 2 but I figured out how the whole mod thing works.

I googled the hell out of those three things but did not find anything useful, because I do NOT own arma1.

It seems that after I installed CBA I can not revert any user-made missions. Not even the pre-made like "Village Sweep". After saving I try to revert and all it says that the three files are missing. Probably deleted, hell yeah ofc...

Google says I have to take the plants,roads, rocks from Arma1 and rename them to put them into an AddOn folder in ArmA2, but I do now own arma1...

What to do? :-/ Could someone maybe upload the files for me?

Thank you very very much in advance, I already was helped here today so my hopes are high. :)

All files are in CAA1 repository. We can only hope BIS included them back into Arrowhead since (I'm guessing) it comes on 2 DVDs?

Edited by IceBreakr

Thank you very much!

I found the CAA1 project! That is what I needed!

Since the package is really big I hope all I need are those 3 files in a separate modfolder...

Thank you very much!

I found the CAA1 project! That is what I needed!

Since the package is really big I hope all I need are those 3 files in a separate modfolder...

Always use mod folders. Never put any AddOns/Mods in the vanilla A2 AddOns folder in the main directory. It can makes things very difficult if you throw 3rd party content in the main AddOns folder and a conflict or error pops up.

Just a word of advice to keep things organized. I made this mistake back in the OFP days and it was bitch re-organizing everything and finding the culprit.

Good luck, enjoy the game, and WELCOME!

Take care.

Thank you guys.

@ modfolders : Look at my mod-folder list, hehehe...

@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@VopSound;@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles;@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.02;@LandTex;@WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.41;@helmand_valley;@villages;@Campaignstuff;

Does not matter that it's so many. At least I know what is where n stuff. :)

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

So, ok, now I have all the CAA1 files here in front of me.

I needed the caplants, caroads, carocks. So I just take the plant/road/rock files and rename them?

"Shadow" gave u this advice in another thread, you should consider taking it until you get more familiar with the game:

"... create a more streamlined MOD folder setup ... for example have the following folders:

@CORE - Things like the landtex, partical effects etc. Basically anything that changes the "core" gameplay.

@ADDONS - Any units/weapons/vehicles

@SOUNDS - Sound mods like RH helis and TRSM.

@ISLANDS - Any new terrain.

Doing this just means you dont end up with loads of folders which you dont really need."

and ...

since u took the time to download caa1, you may as well install it properly since you'll probably need more than those three files later for such maps as Avgani, Afghan_Village and Razani

just my 2 cents ...

I installed the complete CAA1 mod, 2 more gigs in Arma 2. :-/

Defragmented and now I am goooood to go.:)

Thank you a lot again, finally I can enjoy the campaigns. :)

"Shadow" gave u this advice in another thread, you should consider taking it until you get more familiar with the game:

"... create a more streamlined MOD folder setup ... for example have the following folders:

@CORE - Things like the landtex, partical effects etc. Basically anything that changes the "core" gameplay.

@ADDONS - Any units/weapons/vehicles

@SOUNDS - Sound mods like RH helis and TRSM.

@ISLANDS - Any new terrain.

Doing this just means you dont end up with loads of folders which you dont really need."

and ...

since u took the time to download caa1, you may as well install it properly since you'll probably need more than those three files later for such maps as Avgani, Afghan_Village and Razani

just my 2 cents ...

I'll take that advice since I have a lot a lot of add-ons.

No. Bad advice. Use the mod folders the authors have used (@CBA, @Fallujah, @JSRS-E, etc etc) but use a launcher program to select and run the addons you want.

Using things like SixUpdater or other programs then makes like easy to update an addon. Hell, even downloading the new update from these forums or armaholic means you can drop it in directly.

Well, I did it; but there is no problem.:)