v4friend

Update FaceTrackNoIR

You'll need a Kinect, FaceTrackNoIR 1.7 and Kinect Drivers 1.7

Please note:

- This uses IR for depth so can be used in the dark

- Direct sun On your face will cause it to loose tracking.

Wow, eats up 89% of my CPU (well, Phenom X3..). And I have already seen myself flying around Cherno in a Hind, looking around freely... too bad.

Somehow i can`t zero my view with the shortcut i assigned in FTNIR while i`m in the game. I always have to tab out of the game to FTNIR and then hit the shortcut for zeroing. Any suggestions why this doesn`t work IN the game?

You have the problem with A2 or A3? Maybe the button is already bound to a game command and this conflicts with the zeroing key. So look through the game keys and disable this in the game?

Is this thread still alive? I'm having trouble getting this to work with a PS2 Eyetoy and FaceAPI. I wrote this post in another forum, but I'll post it here too hoping I can get SOME help on this.

------------

Hi all. I've been trying for awhile now to get my old Namtai PS2 Eyetoy to work in FaceTracknoIR. I followed this guide to get the drivers installed on Windows 8. It works because it shows up in the device manager as a PS2 Eyetoy, it says so in FacetracknoIR, and the little test program that came with the drivers work with it.

eErSLdR.png

YNUe40p.png

However it seems as though FaceAPI 3.2.6 (I installed the non-commercial version) does not detect the Eyetoy. I followed

video hoping to see if I was doing something wrong. The guy in the video downloaded the drivers for the PS3 Eyetoy which seems to work with FaceAPI because when I click on the Start button in FaceTracknoIR, it says No Camera Detected...backwards.

kC9OfYM.png

When I click on the settings and then camera [for FaceAPI] it shows PS3 Eyetoy. It seems as though FaceAPI is not detecting the PS2 drivers because once I uninstalled the PS3 drivers, it stopped working.

U6uOKMB.png

So I'm lost. I've read tons of forum posts where people have got it to work with the PS2 Eyetoy, but they never say how.

So I guess the question is, what drivers do I need to get FaceAPI to detect the PS2 Eyetoy?

If I can't get it to work with FaceAPI, what else can I do?

Ok How do i make this Work for Arma2? Any Tutorials? Ihave the trackNoIR thing instaled, i have faceAPI, I have simple Genius EYE312 camera, i tried settings according to one youtube video, i enabled the Track ir in arma settings, i tried to readf the forum, and iam clueless. Should i enable or disable the virtual joystick thingy? should i run Tracknoir first or should i run arma first? should i install something to arma 2 direktory? some mod or plugin? i need step by step tutorial, how to make this work.

Edit: ok i made it work. it seems to be really sensitive to how well you have your camera adjusted.

Now ill try to learn how to use it. So far it is not good. it stutters alot, it has dealyed response, it owerresponses sometime and not respond at all other time.

Edited by Mirek

First: wow, thanks so much for this guys ... I'm a hardware geek but when I looked at what FreeIR required ... I truly don't have time for that.

This? brilliant.

I have an idea for ... for a different way of acting on input.

As rifleman if I turn my head hard left or right, the view immediately (in a very short moment) represents what I see facing the new direction.

I wonder about this: what if motion was more like panning a camera? or a tank's cannon? not immediate snap, but pan at a speed that's directly related to the amount of head movement.

Head hard left or right? very rapid pan. Head slightly left or right? slow pan.

The advantage I imagine ... and this is the point (I may be totally wrong at this point.) ... if I turn hard left the view will pan left til I bring my face back to center. But I'm looking straight at the screen again!

The view remains hard left! So I don't have to keep my head cocked over to the side; I keep the "hard left" view while looking straight at the screen.

To get the view back to "straight ahead"? I turn my head as the view pans back to center, then look straight at the screen again, back to the default view.

It's like steering the view; the new view (at whatever angle) is maintained with 0 deflection. (Sorry I don't know the correct terminology.)

I dunno ... I think this would be an interesting alternative.

Hello,

is it possible to disable the Rollback on the Roll-Axis?

How can I force faceAPI to run PS3 Eye in 120fps instead of 50fps?

Hi,

I'm running Windows 8.1 and Arma2OA (Arma3 also but trying to get it working for A2 first). I have the PS3Eye camera with the drivers. When I run CL-Eye Test, the camera works fine. I installed FaceTrackNoir 1.7 with the hotfix. When the tracker source is faceAPI V3.2.6, the camera will not start, no matter what I do. But if I select PointTracker 1.0, the camera starts and it sees the hotspots in the lighting behind me but since I don't have an IR setup, there's nothing to track. So how do I enable the camera under faceAPI? No amount of Internet searching has turned up a solution yet.

I haven't even gotten to activating it in Arma!

Thanks,

Bob

Denco, to increase framerate if you are using FaceTrackNoir, create a file called cleye.config and past this into it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<cleye>

<item name="mode" value="advanced" />

</cleye>

Save it to the program directory for FTN (where the executable is). That will bring up the advanced mode when you bring up FTN, allowing you t go to 120fps. I've only done it for FTN but since it's an XML file for the PS3Eye, I suspect it'll work for any of the head tracking software out there.

Bob

Can't find anything about this problem.

Used freetracknoir in arma 3 a year ago worked fine but had to configure some curves. Now i want to use it again but it's like the game switches between tracking my face and being in the default position, aiming forward (so one frame is the game tracking my face and the next frame is back in the default position). Works great in other games i've tried euro truck and dcs. Any solution for this problem?

Using ps3 camera, facetrack NoIR. With these settings smothing 2, FaceAPI EWMA filter Mk2, FreeTrack 2.0. launching the game using playwithsix, don't know if i've any launch commands.

Hi,

I want to buy facetracknoir and when I want to go link with page paypal account needed.

Unfortunately, paypal is not supported our country. Please give me another payment method..

Thanks.

(I don't know if this topic is still alive) Hello, I want to buy the FaceTrackNoIR but can't do so because PayPal is banneed in my country for 5 years now and I can't even pay with my credit card because my region is not avaliable. Can you help please?

Sad, seems to be dead.  I just wasted some money buying a license for the Facetracknoir software, it doesn't work.

At least it wasn't a lot of money