v4friend

Update FaceTrackNoIR

Ok guys first off let me say this is awesome.

Second, I have no idea what I'm doing.

I started Arma up, enabled Freetrack, and my guy instantly starts staring at a spot to his extreme left on the ground. My default position of looking at the screen is translated to that. Any idea of what I should do? This is all a little new to me.

I think I may know part of the problem. When I'm just sitting here, the numbers on the left are going wild. It says my Z is like 56. I think it may think I'm backwards or something. Is there a way to zero them out?

Ok I found the button for centering it so that's helped a ton already. Now I just need to figure out how to change the sensitivity. It's a little too touchy.

Edited by jpcamden

I did use liquidpinky's values... and it worked flawlessly... look for his post in this thread... cheers!

Hello, I recently installed the program that is mentiond above, And i have a compatible webcam : Microsoft VX 3000

So in ArmA2 when i play i move just a lil bit and in the game it just goes much more then needed, Its really sensitive and that really bugs me.

How can i make it less sensitive so it would be playable ? It will be much fun to make this game more realistic using this awesome program !

Please help, thx

I simply can't resist posting here. Wim Vriend, the project originator, released an updated FreeTrack client, by hand-translating it from Delphi, fixing the crash-bug that occured!

Created a FaceTrackNoIR-version of FreeTrackClient.dll, because the existing one was crashing ArmA2. Made a 64-bit version too.

The FTReportName function was a trouble-maker. In the repo of FreeTrack it expects a pointer to a name, in reality, it should receive an integer... Cost me a while to figure out why ArmA kept crashing :(

[...]

So no more FreeTrack crashes. :-) It'll be of course included in the 1.7 point-release.

Kudos to Wim for taking the time to do this! I don't know Delphi other than hand-translating Troika's Arcanum image parser once...

Also, check out https://github.com/sthalik/facetracknoir-posix for stuffies that won't be included before 1.8 point-release. I plan to merge most, if not all of the features.

Dear ArmA and/or FaceTrackNoIR-users,

I am happy to announce that v170 of FaceTrackNoIR was released yesterday. The new version contains a number of important improvements, which also benefit many ArmA-users (mind you, also Take on Helicopters and other Bohemia-games are included!).

The most important new features:

• A new filter called Accela, providing great stability and yet maintain response;
  • An IR-tracker called PointTracker. This was translated from the FreeTrack sources and is very useful for users, who already have an IR-headset;
  • A new game-protocol called "FreeTrack 2.0", which supports all FreeTrack and TrackIR games, including all Bohemia-games. The problem of ArmA crashing on startup was solved. Users can now choose, which interface from FaceTrackNoIR to ArmA they want to use;

All new features are listed on the website. You are welcome to try v170, please visit the FaceTrackNoIR website

Wim Vriend

FaceTrackNoIR Team

Holland

:bigglasses:

very nice. thanks for sharing and your efforts! :bounce3:

Sweet Jesus... an update!, had forgot about this, then remembered that i had donated a while ago to the access to the 1.7 alpha... Will be re-downloading ASAP (at work, will setup when i get home.)

Thank you!

Just tried the 1.7 with arma 3 and it works pretty well, however I am using the default settings (Accela Filter) and would appreciate it greatly if someone could share their curves to use as a baseline.

Just tried the 1.7 with arma 3 and it works pretty well, however I am using the default settings (Accela Filter) and would appreciate it greatly if someone could share their curves to use as a baseline.

It works like a charm for me aswell, really smooth and great to use.

EDIT: I can't seem to get it right it's either too sensitve or not enough.

EDIT2: Here are my settings: pastebin.com/dkECKkCt , it has no deadzone so reactivity is increased and you won't get stuck in a single axis anymore, it should be lightly sensitive to create a "natural" headbob when still. It uses accela as a filter and F11 key for Centering.

Edited by kzrts

ye, I noticed in chats quite some of players use it with Arma 3 now

[Curves-Accela-Scaling-Rotation]
point-count=5
point-0-x=0
point-0-y=0
point-1-x=0.50261780104712
point-1-y=0.426666666666667
point-2-x=0.743455497382199
point-2-y=1.45333333333333
point-3-x=1.01570680628272
point-3-y=4.94666666666667
point-4-x=1.06806282722513
point-4-y=5.98666666666667

[Curves-Accela-Scaling-Translation]
point-count=4
point-0-x=0
point-0-y=0
point-1-x=0.37696335078534
point-1-y=0.706666666666667
point-2-x=0.74869109947644
point-2-y=3.04
point-3-x=0.93717277486911
point-3-y=6

cheers, hope Accela works well for you :)

I'm a bit new with FaceTrackNoIR and I don't quite understand how am I supposed to set up those suggested text-based values in the curve settings?

Open your .ini, find the relevant [sections], remove them and replace with what's in the post.

Another new feature in 1.8 (maybe this century? :) ) is twice-improved spline configurator.

If you remember 1.6, it had a configurator that looked nice but gave awful results.

If you remember 1.7, it had a quasi-spline confiugrator... control points and all, but it was too curvy, even made an 'f' shape for no reason...

Attaching a screenshot...

http://img.ctrlv.in.s3.amazonaws.com/img/5159d736a5ee5.png

There's a slight "zigzag" at the very end, where it goes almost straight up, but that's because the spline is precomputed, and not calculated for every pixel/position over and over again. Please bear in mind that there are 500 intermediate positions between integer values, so this memoization procedure shouldn't affect tracking accuracy (splines are used thorough the program).

Another feature is HT 0.8, which allows for face tracking with no LEDs for people with glasses (and without glasses too!), while it hasn't received sufficient testing still, there are already reports of people getting their faces detected and tracked with glasses and light glare.

Accela has received an improvement too - it's possible to smooth more when zooming in, in games where zooming causes FOV change.

HT 0.8 also got a feature where moving left and right doesn't cause (almost) any rotation interference. There's no "fisheye" effect anymore.

PS3 Eye can do 60 FPS and it's the recommended one.

It's the latter.

Did a sloppy merge of POSIX into the official repo. Now waiting for merge to be reviewed and accepted into future 1.8.

Hello all,

For everyone who has or still uses facetracknoir with arma 3 can you tell me if you are able to get all 6 degrees of freedom(DOF).

So far i can get roll, pitch and yaw to work really well, But my X (head/body Left and right), Y (head/body up and down) and Z (head/body forward and back) will not work. I can get my Z to work for zooming in and out but that is not what i want for my Z axis and i also don't consider that zooming is a degree of freedom.

I know that all 6 DOF work with TrackIR as i was talking to a guy in game who was telling me all about it. I asked him many questions to see if he knew exactly what the X,Y and Z axis were and he did. So there has to be something I'm missing in the setting either in game or in FT NoIR.

I use the freetrack 2.0 protocol with the accela filter Mk2

thanks

Hello.

Perhaps sombody can help me?

I cant find the ini file!?

I am using Windows 8.

(sorry my english)

Get the PlayStation Eye (NOT the PlayStation EyeToy) and download the CL Eye drivers. The eye can go up to 640x480@75 fps or 320x240@187 fps.

edit: Not sure if >60 is supported by FaceAPI because I'm using the PointTracker... and oh well, sthalik already answered it.

Hello all,

For everyone who has or still uses facetracknoir with arma 3 can you tell me if you are able to get all 6 degrees of freedom(DOF).

So far i can get roll, pitch and yaw to work really well, But my X (head/body Left and right), Y (head/body up and down) and Z (head/body forward and back) will not work. I can get my Z to work for zooming in and out but that is not what i want for my Z axis and i also don't consider that zooming is a degree of freedom.

I know that all 6 DOF work with TrackIR as i was talking to a guy in game who was telling me all about it. I asked him many questions to see if he knew exactly what the X,Y and Z axis were and he did. So there has to be something I'm missing in the setting either in game or in FT NoIR.

I use the freetrack 2.0 protocol with the accela filter Mk2

thanks

6 DOF should work out of the box (for helicopters and jets). Left/right/up/down doesn't work on infantry but you can still rebind it to something else, for example:X and Roll axis both for "Lean" which works way better than single axis. Enable all axis in FT NoIR and rebind everything ingame (center your head and "rebind your head" like you would rebind a joystick). Also get rid of Z for zooming.

I'm going to make a thread in the arma 3 section with a video in it by the end of next week.

Edited by Ephant

FaceAPI works fine with any framerate... It's just resolution that might be limited to 640x480.

It doesn't work for people wearing glasses. For them, I've made the HT tracker, it works with limited success, without glasses as well...