v4friend

Update FaceTrackNoIR

Hi.

"Failed to initialize APIScope: Unspecified error"

Is there any solution?

Thanks/.

V4Friend I have problem! Failed to initialize APIScope: Unspecified error.

Same problems here. Seeing machines' Head tracking demo is working well.

Waiting eagerly for the 1.6 update.

Just the other day realised this possibility of head tracking with the stuff I already have, PSEye. Then with your wonderful idea of head-tracking with open source methods/program.

Shame that couldn't get this work right away, but any day is better than never.

BTW. Specs with what a-no-go for FTNoIR:

Intel Core i7-2600K

RAM 8Gb

Asus Radeon HD6970

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit

Thank you for your ongoing work with this application FaceTrackNoIR-team :thumbsup:

It doesn't even work for me! :( I get the API Scope error. :confused: Here are my specs:

Intel® Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 7.4

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M

Gaming graphics 2789 MB Total available graphics memory 6.6

Primary hard disk 464GB Free (582GB Total) 5.9

Windows 7 Home Premium

System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM

System type 64-bit operating system

Number of processor cores 4

Storage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 596 GB

Disk partition (C:) 464 GB Free (582 GB Total)

Disk partition (D:) 2 GB Free (14 GB Total)

Media drive (E:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel® HD Graphics

Total available graphics memory 3045 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 1280 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 1765 MB

Display adapter driver version 8.830.6.2000

Primary monitor resolution 1366x768

DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Network Adapter Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n

Please email me the beta version. I cant donate cuz i'm to young to get a credit card.

Hello, i get the same error as Dragon01 (but with address 0xc0150002) (see http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1952990&postcount=435).

Searched the SF bugtracker and found some results (see http://sourceforge.net/search/?group_id=324596&type_of_search=forums&group_forum_id=1150910&limit=25&q=Application+was+not+started+correctly)

Additional Info:

Anwendungsname: FaceTrackNoIR.exe

Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0

Anwendungszeitstempel: 4d67b28b

Fehlermodulname: ntdll.dll

Fehlermodulversion: 6.0.6002.18327

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4cb73436

Ausnahmecode: c0150002

Ausnahmeoffset: 00009f7d

Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformation 1: 9d13

Zusatzinformation 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Zusatzinformation 3: 9d13

Zusatzinformation 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

On Windows Vista SP2 32-bit; CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz

edit: opened a bug on this: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3405675&group_id=324596&atid=1363309

Edited by helling3r

i got the software working great last night.. but for some reason today it's all messed up. i havent changed anything since playing last night so im looking for some help figuring this out.

i dont get any error msgs, but it seems that all the axises are being triggered all at the same time.. when i start the tracking, my view snaps to the bottom and to the left and leans to the right.. i tried re-zeroing, adjusting the curves .. nothing seems to fix it.

i have even reinstalled the damn thing and it's still doing it.

Hello ArmA-fans and all other interested folks,

A while ago, version v160 of FaceTrackNoIR was released! The program was finally released as a full-installer, so users with new CPU's don't get Waterfall errors (and such). As always, you can download FaceTrackNoIR here

P.S.: We are already working on the next improvements. Please show your support by donating, to keep the project alive and kicking :yay:

Great!i used a ps3 eye ,and Face trackNoIR 1.6,it works!

Do you care share your settings, pretty please?

@BadgerDK: My setting used here the page 16,the user "Cross".

Face tracknoir and ARMA2 must run as Administrator

Just tried this, I am really impressed by it, gonna take some getting used to though because I have never used a headtracker before. Gonna be useful for flying in TOH once I get used to the head movement.

Anyone else having issues getting facetrackir working in arma. I have a intel i5 2500k so 1.60 is the first version thats loaded up for me. It seems to work just fine in the facetrack but when I try and use it in ARMA it jumps all over the place.

Heres a vid to show you what happens. I enable facetrack at about 13 seconds in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ziM55YuXZ4

Hi guys,

I have post over at TOH as well but does anyone now how to set it up to work properly in Take on Helicopters, just can't seem to get it right even with the ArmaA profile

Thanks

Rhys

Anyone else having issues getting facetrackir working in arma. I have a intel i5 2500k so 1.60 is the first version thats loaded up for me. It seems to work just fine in the facetrack but when I try and use it in ARMA it jumps all over the place.

Heres a vid to show you what happens. I enable facetrack at about 13 seconds in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ziM55YuXZ4

Run ARMA2 and FacetrackNoIR as "Admin",it will work Ok ~

Have you tried to zero it again (assign shotcut-Key in FTNoIR)? Are you illuminating your face enough? If the lighting isnt good, the face recognition fails.

I also experienced problems, when I did this:

Start Arma

Start FTNoIR

Tab back in Game and start the API

Then I get, what you have: Headparty.

Do it like this:

Start FTNoIR

Start the API (check that your head-movement is being tracked correct).

Start Arma

Start Arma again, because it crashes the first time :D

Play.

Egosa-U, thank you so much for your help. I followed your instructions and it worked just fine. I had no idea the order in which the apps were launched would cause this issue.

Now I just need to get the curves set up correctly.

Cheers!

I used Arma.ini by default and only made some tweaks over curves as seen on liquidpinky's pics...

It works smoothly and flawlessly but it doesn't hold steady when looking up/down... anyways it's not big deal since I use mouse as always also... after a while I was accustomed and I think I will use it regularly since it provides more freedom of movement without even touching any key...

My specs:

- win7 64bits

- camera: Panacom USB video device 640*480 @30Mhz 1.3Mpx (up to 60Mhz) made in china US$10 :p

- AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @2.80Mhz

- ASUS Motherboard

- 12 GB RAM DDR3 @1600Mhz

- NV 460GTX 1GB DDR5

Edited by Robster

I used Arma.ini by default and only made some tweaks over curves as seen on liquidpinky's pics...

It works smoothly and flawlessly but it doesn't hold steady when looking up/down... anyways it's not big deal since I use mouse as always also... after a while I was accustomed and I think I will use it regularly since it provides more freedom of movement without even touching any key...

My specs:

- win7 64bits

- camera: Panacom USB video device 640*480 @30Mhz 1.3Mpx (up to 60Mhz) made in china US$10 :p

- AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @2.80Mhz

- ASUS Motherboard

- 12 GB RAM DDR3 @1600Mhz

- NV 460GTX 1GB DDR5

You can get interference from room or exterior lighting, depending on how it hits your face. This is also present if you are using a TrackIR 5 with just the hat clip.

I sit at about 45 degrees from my window and room light and it can be a pain some times, possibly placing a light more central to your seating position so it shines evenly on your face may help. Also the position of the camera can help as well and it can track okay even at a 45 degrees angle.

I am trying out this with some cheap Trust webcam and by adjusting the exposure manually i could get the FPS to about 25. But the camera is shaking/moving really easily (all by itself) in Arma2 and I can't seem to get it to settle even though I try increasing the neutral zones and smoothing and ewma etc. I wonder if it is the webcam that is causing this or perhaps I am just doing something wrong. Atm I am using the Arma2.ini that came with the software and working my way up from there but could someone provide their .ini file for 1.60 version of facetracknoir perhaps?

Edit: It is impossible to make this work with infantry and the FTN dev agrees. Blaah...

Edited by Atkins

The shaking is because the EWMA2 filter is deficient. Work is complete on a new filter that prevents shaking, with configuration to adjust for camera quality/lighting level.

Please pester Wim to make him merge the changes into the tree, it's been thoroughly tested and ready for merge for several weeks now :-)

Hey Kremator, we played insurgency ages ago together.

Are you willing to test the prerelease version that includes the new filter? Might PM ya with the code. It includes some other new features, too, as posted on the ArmaHolic forum.

The shaking is because the EWMA2 filter is deficient. Work is complete on a new filter that prevents shaking, with configuration to adjust for camera quality/lighting level.

Please pester Wim to make him merge the changes into the tree, it's been thoroughly tested and ready for merge for several weeks now :-)

Hi sthalik,

Thanks for the piece of info concerning development of the new filter. Do you notice any FPS increase or decrease with the new filter and modifications?

I am looking forward to trying it out in a future update [i usually get sent links to the new betas from Wim]. I saw your video using the new filter with Falcon4, looks nice and smooth mate : )

Cheers

Filter doesn't take much CPU at all. It's the tracker that takes the most CPU. Also I corrected a bug where the pose widget used too much CPU for no reason by refreshing too often.

Another way more important thing is that there's no need to use arithmetic average smoothing, which makes for way more responsive tracking. Just set to one to disable. Perhaps Wim can remove this (mis)feature.

Because of the modular architecture, you can use any tracker with any filter. I like that part of the design. There are some things in the software I don't quite like, though. ;)

Hey there sthalik!

Yes I remember :) Of course I can help test the new filter etc. Just PM me the link to code and I'll get on it :)