v4friend

Update FaceTrackNoIR

I got the same problem like Sensenmann. Same Errors in both Programs.

Webcam is a Logitech C-310 on Win7 64bit.

I have reinstalled everything again (First FaceAPI, then Demo, then FTNoIR) - no difference. Even cleaned the registry and deleted all remaining Folders/Files.

Next step would be to remove Nero, codecs and ATI Tray tools?

Seriously there should be a workaround! :(

Anyway: Great Job V4Friend. Keep up the good work!

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Next step would be to remove Nero, codecs and ATI Tray tools

Removed Codec-Pack first (K-lite codec pack) and now everything works...

Sensenmann: maybe you got the pack, too?

I found a solution for the error "failed to register camera category: Unspecified error" (or "Failed to read friendly name: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND").

With the program 'Filmerit' I deleted all DirectShow- and other codecerrors. After this I had to de- and reinstall the CL-Driver for the PS3Eye Camera.

Now it works!

But remember, do it on your own risk!

Thanks V4Friend for this program and your help! Egosa-U thank you too!

WoW...Awesome! After a few month away of ArmA there is a solution of the issue and it works :) Thanks Sensemann for sharing the prog.

Still got the issue, APIScope error but p 1.6 should fix it.

Thanks V4Friend, keep up the great work. Already donate it ;)

Cya

OH MY GOD !!! IT WORKS !!!

Indeed...all you need to do is remove the K-lite codec ad the sun will start smiling at you !!!

Good job soldier !!!

well it doesnt want to work for me

microsoft lifecam

win7 home

amd x6

4gb ram

gtx470

got it going now, just to finetune settings

Edited by Squadie
cos im stupid sometimes

I belive until now you still need FaceAPI. I think i read somewhere on the Page something about a version with a FaceAPI-lite Version included...just read through the page of FTNoIR - it isnt that much text ;)

"No DLL's were found in the waterfall procedure" - Any ideas, I installed the Face API. Win 7 x64

I'm able to get FaceTrackNoIR up and running without any problems, but for whatever reason, I simply cannot get it to respond in ARMA 2. I've made sure to go in to controllers and enable FreeTrack as well as enabling the default bindings, but nothing seems to get it to respond.

Game protocol is set to Freetrack, and settings are close to those that were posted a few pages back. Can anyone help me out?

I've installed FaceTrack, applied the latest patch, but upon startup, I'm getting an "Application was not started correctly (0xc000001d). Press OK to terminate the application." error. It appears twice. I'm using Manta Plako webcam, which is advertised to work without drivers or any sort (it seems to, at least Windows recognizes it). I'm running Win XP Home edition, 32bit version.

Does anyone knows how to fix that?

I've installed FaceTrack, applied the latest patch, but upon startup, I'm getting an "Application was not started correctly (0xc000001d). Press OK to terminate the application." error. It appears twice. I'm using Manta Plako webcam, which is advertised to work without drivers or any sort (it seems to, at least Windows recognizes it). I'm running Win XP Home edition, 32bit version.

Does anyone knows how to fix that?

Perhaps the program does not support your processor as that is illegal instruction code.

I have (IIRC) AMD Athlon 610, which only supports SSE instruction set.

If FaceTrackNoIR requires SSE2 or above, then it won't run. I can't find any info about that though.

Heey FaceTrackNoIR fans! I made an article on our website about this great piece of software, my thanks go out to the development team!

FaceTrackNoIR @

Heey FaceTrackNoIR fans! I made an article on our website about this great piece of software, my thanks go out to the development team!

FaceTrackNoIR @

Hi larsiano,

That for your P.R. :). I found the article on the homepage, but couldn't get access to your linked page. Do you have to be member for that?

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I belive until now you still need FaceAPI. I think i read somewhere on the Page something about a version with a FaceAPI-lite Version included...just read through the page of FTNoIR - it isnt that much text ;)

Hello Egosa-U,

Actually the faceAPI demo (not the faceAPI itself!) is not required for most users, only for those with the 'waterfall error' or similar IPP-runtime errors.

If you have those errors (like BennyBoy), you must un-install the IPP-runtime first (via the Control Panel/Software), before installing the faceAPI demo.

BTW.: I forgot to mention: The petition for headtracking support in DCS-games (like Blackshark, A-10C) was very successful! They released the headtracking API and I have released the interface for FaceTrackNoIR last week... Thanks everyone!

Edited by V4Friend

Thanks for the notice, it should work just fine. I'm not sure what is wrong you dont need to be registered to view the articles it might be due to the Yoomla update we did some time ago or due to browser (update) incompatibility, ill have our webadmin fix it asap if possible!

Yay. congrats :)

Hi.

"Failed to initialize APIScope: Unspecified error"

Is there any solution?

Thanks/.

I tried starting the app and setting freetrack for arma, but isn't it supposed to show me the webcam picture in the application or sth? Using a built-in webcam of a laptop.

I had a go with Freetrack last week and messed with the settings for hours till I got it to match my head movement. Is there an instruction manual as I'm not exactly sure what all the functions and curves actually do?

TKOH

It still drifted around and lagged a bit which caused me to lose control and crash so I can't recommend it for TKOH.

Arma2

It was brilliant for Arma2 though with the more stable helicopters and simpler flight model. I now use it regularly for flying.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I tried starting the app and setting freetrack for arma, but isn't it supposed to show me the webcam picture in the application or sth? Using a built-in webcam of a laptop.

You need to click on Start under Tracker Source? It should then show a webcam picture with the face tracking working.

I had a go with Freetrack last week and messed with the settings for hours till I got it to match my head movement. Is there an instruction manual as I'm not exactly sure what all the functions and curves actually do?

TKOH

It still drifted around and lagged a bit which caused me to lose control and crash so I can't recommend it for TKOH.

Arma2

It was brilliant for Arma2 though with the more stable helicopters and simpler flight model. I now use it regularly for flying.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

You need to click on Start under Tracker Source? It should then show a webcam picture with the face tracking working.

At the bottom it does show the little picture, but not the picture from my webcam, its just black with the CPU% counter and such running over it.

I gave it a go last week and it wasn't very good on my setup.Way too much lag and stutter. Maybe my cam isn't very good, I think I read where the VX1000 is too slow.

@Aspire: Then it seems there is a problem with your setup. Could you try the faceAPI demo from SeeingMachines?

@F2k Sel: I would recommend a PS3Eye. It has saved the day for a lot of users already!

V4Friend I have problem! Failed to initialize APIScope: Unspecified error. :D But faceAPI demo is working like a charm

EDIT: BTW I'm using webcam in Acer aspire one aoa110 and I don't know how to use FTNoir server, because I don't have normal webcam, only built-in webcam in NTB so I saw that I can use another pc w/ webcam and send "informations" to gaming pc :P

Edited by kllrt

Hi kllrt,

What CPU do you have? The demo uses the latest version of faceAPI and FaceTrackNoIR 1.5 does not, so that could be the problem. Update 1.6 will support the latest faceAPI (1.6 is 'under construction', but hey: it's holiday in Holland!).

You can use 'Server/Client', to run the face-tracker on a 2nd PC. I don't get much feedback on that feature though, so it would be nice if you could... Please ask any questions you have?

On netbook which has webcam is single core atom n270 but it have hyperthreding (I know that faceAPI want dual-core, but I don't have any other webcam, only one is in Netbook and I don't have much money to buy USB webcam to my gaming PC :D)

BTW When I tried the faceAPI I had about 15FPS, I think it will be laggy or not? (I just wanna try Facetrack, so if I will like it I'll buy PS3cam)

EDIT: Can you send me link or tell me how excately use Server/Client? I found topic on your forum, when 1.6 will be out I will tell you how it works :bounce3:

Edited by kllrt