v4friend

Update FaceTrackNoIR

@jubu: As I remember, there was not much to install about Webcamax. If you even get the same error with it installed, then apparently something else is very wrong. I don't know how to help you at this stage...

@j_frost: Well, facetracking just requires a lot of CPU-power. I don't think it matters too much, which program you use. However, we may be able to make the tracker better 'configurable', so you might trade off accuracy for performance... We're just starting with OpenCV, but it looks promising!

@jubu: As I remember, there was not much to install about Webcamax. If you even get the same error with it installed, then apparently something else is very wrong. I don't know how to help you at this stage...

@j_frost: Well, facetracking just requires a lot of CPU-power. I don't think it matters too much, which program you use. However, we may be able to make the tracker better 'configurable', so you might trade off accuracy for performance... We're just starting with OpenCV, but it looks promising!

By the way, just came to mind:

that error screens window is named to FACE API ERROR and actual message is => failed to register camera category:unspecified error!

just the same whether the camera is connected or not

the error message is the same regardless of whether or not installed faceapi

if i use webcammax software how I get rid of FaceApi error ?

- thanks -

Edited by Jubu

It does not work with Microsoft Lifecam VX-1000.

The VX-1000 is not the problem on your rig, this little webcam has working on my AMD dualcore setup without problems, I did even not download FaceAPI from seeing machines.

I think it is something on modern Intel Quad cores, like my i5-2500k setup that is giving problems. :mad:

Who is running a Intel sandy bridge socket 1155 without problems here?

I getting always the faceAPI error: Failed to intialize APIscope: Unaspected error

FaceAPI is running great btw?

Basically they download FaceAPI is to fix the IPP Runtime error where the FaceAPI will come in with a fixed IPP Installer.

Basically they download FaceAPI is to fix the IPP Runtime error where the FaceAPI will come in with a fixed IPP Installer.

So your are saying: delete FaceAPI and I should run fine??

No, you need to install FaceAPI ONLY you are encountering some DLL Errors.

Sadly my VX-1000 is really not working (They said no cameras are detected) but I'm sure I can use it on Skype and it is definitely connected

My VX-1000 is working so will yours.

Do not worry I made contact, I can tell you nothing now, but the new beta will solve this FaceAPI thing. Test was a success. If you can not wait for release, do a donation, see bottom of this page and you will get the beta that will work. http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm

Being a TrackIR 5 user I thought I would give this a go as like the creators friend I am sick of being a Borg to use it.

I now have it set up pretty much identical to my TrackIR using the version 1.5 with a PS3 Eyetoy, on the way home from work tonight I will be purchasing a decent 60FPS webcam to replace it.

Long story short, TrackIR 5 for sale.

PS3 Eyetoy, on the way home from work tonight I will be purchasing a decent 60FPS webcam to replace it

I think the PS3 Eye is capable of 60Hz. Just wait a bit unless money is no option for you. I donated and recieved a 1.6 alpha preview. Without giving much away as that is for V4Friend, it seems my PS3Eye is behaving even better with 1.6 alpha than it was previously (higher then 30Hz) with version 1.5. I can't confirm right now as I am at work, I will feedback in around 2 hours.

I applied the update over remote desktop and I just noted that it was recording above 50 Hz without a face to capture however. It may drop down once it captures focus on the face.

Edit: Settles at 50Hz rather then 30Hz... stable as!! I will try ARMA2 later. Looks very promising though : )

Good work Devs.

Edited by Rough Knight

Was just trawling the net for decent high FPS cameras and seen a handful of 90fps capable ones too, but there was also some showing the PS3 Eyetoy getting used for proper 60FPS 3D capture work. So it certainly has the speed.

Ideally though you want high FPS and resolution to get the best out the tracking software, FPS for smoothness and higher resolution to give more accuracy of the tracking.

I did donate but haven't received anything back yet, it was late on last night however. Version 1.5 works great so far though. :)

EDIT: Got the 1.6, just need to try it when I get home.

Edited by Liquidpinky

So the PS3 eyecam is the best, camera for Facetracknoir?

It certainly works well and with the 1.6 and it is showing 50FPS now.

Hi guys,

I am not sure where to leave feedback about the 1.6 alpha release. My performance seems much better with this release. It had a new smooth feel perhaps due to the higher camera framerate [50Hz] as mentioned above.

I have had no crashes or strange behaviour yet. Nice work V4Friend!!

Thanks

Frosty

I've had the same problem - demo works, FaceTrackNoIR doesn't. (I get the same error he does)

I tried uninstalling the demo, uninstalling faceAPI non-commercial version, then reinstalling just faceAPI, and still get the same problem.

I tried running as admin, in compatibility mode, but nothing seems to work.

My system is a Gigabyte P67A-UD3, i5-2500k, 4GB ram, Win 7 64-bit.

Same machine, same problem. :(

I now have it set up pretty much identical to my TrackIR using the version 1.5 with a PS3 Eyetoy, on the way home from work tonight I will be purchasing a decent 60FPS webcam to replace it.

Operating the PS3 Eye above 30fps:

The PS3 Eye camera was designed for gaming and for that purpose, it can give up to 120 fps. However when the Code Laboratories driver is used it normally operates in 'basic' mode, which will max. at 30fps. If you want, you can switch the driver into advanced mode this way:

• Create a file called cleye.config in the program-folder of FaceTrackNoIR (the one with with the .EXE in it);
  • Enter this text in the file and save it:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <cleye>
    <item name="mode" value="advanced" />
    </cleye>
  • Run FaceTrackNoIR;

You should keep in mind that a higher framerate will also require more CPU-power. We only recommend it for faster gaming-machines (quad-core or higher). We would appreciate any feedback from users, who have tried this...

FaceTrackNoIR Compatibility With Webcams

Edited by Lonestar

I am also having the "Failure to initialize APIScope" warning and then the program crashes to desktop.

When I install Face Tracking API, should there be any program to run? There are icons in the start menu, but nothing that I can open.

I also installed the Head Tracking Demo. It installs and works, but during the start of the install process, it shows that Microsoft Visual C++2005 Runtime (SP1 ATL Security Update) is Pending, so I assume that this did not install when I installed Face Tracking API. Could this cause my "Failure to initialize APIScope" problem?

Thanks for any help.

I have tried all of those steps, but I still have the same error. The head tracking demo works perfectly, though.

Any other ideas? Thanks

Can anyone help me with setting up the curves and getting at least to a starting point? When playing Arma2, I'm having a constant "wobbling" when I turn my head slightly to the left/right. Below are my current settings.

facetrack_curve2.jpg

facetrack_curve1.jpg

These are my current curve settings, it gives similar control to my TrackIR 5.

th_Facetracksettings3.png

th_Facetracksettings1.png

th_Facetracksettings2.png

It is close but not quite perfected yet.

There are some things you can try. At first, I advise you (and everyone else for that matter), to start with some 'slow' settings. That means you should enter values smaller that 100 for the sensitivity-sliders, a smoothing-value of 10-20 and a Neutral-zone of about 5-10.

Doing that will probably make head-tracking less responsive, but also less 'shaky'.

Then you can try tweaking the settings, to improve responsiveness again...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1639274&postcount=58