v4friend

Update FaceTrackNoIR

This is really amazing, sadly it jitters so much with me it's unplayable, playing about with the settings seems to do nothing for me. Any tips? Thanks :D

it works awsome for me im using a ps 2 cam doesnt jitter at all. it could do with some sliders that you could adjust like when im playing arma 2 its zoomed out to far so a slider would come in handy instead of holding my head at a certian distance. but other than that and no support for racing games its an awsome program.

@vn88: Earlier you mentioned, that these racing games support TrackIR. As I mentioned, FaceTrackNoIR is PPJoy compatible. This is what you could try (I did it for IL-2 1946 and FreeFalcon 5):

- download PPJoy and GlovePIE (seperate softwares :) )

- Install both.

- Install a virtual joystick for PPJoy (via Windows Configuration Console) and apply the settings that are in the ClientFiles shipped with FaceTrackNoIR.

- Start GlovePIE and load the script provided in the ClientFiles. This emulates TrackIR.

- Run FaceTrackNoIR, with the PPJoy protocol.

- Try your game!

- Give us feedback :cool:

I'm also busy making FaceTrackNoIR directly TrackIR compatible (at least the un-encrypted version of it). I'll certainly post, if that is ready...

sweet thanks mate that makes more sense now. and cant wait for the update you da man lol

@Xerxes: Zeroing is one of the thrilling new features of the update :)

When you start the Tracker, you should try to keep your face in a 'natural' position. If however, you still have to look up or down to much, maybe you could exaggerate your position in the opposite direction and press '=' to zero...

(fyi: FTNoIR then stores the current head-pose values and subtracts these from all following values, thus zeroing your position).

Takes a little tweaking I guess :cool:

I can't zero my position for some reason by pressing =. It's like it's unbinded, and I did update my facetrack.

for me neither but I use the backspace.

Stop and when starting it ill pick up the new head position.

@vn88: Earlier you mentioned, that these racing games support TrackIR. As I mentioned, FaceTrackNoIR is PPJoy compatible. This is what you could try (I did it for IL-2 1946 and FreeFalcon 5):

- download PPJoy and GlovePIE (seperate softwares :) )

- Install both.

- Install a virtual joystick for PPJoy (via Windows Configuration Console) and apply the settings that are in the ClientFiles shipped with FaceTrackNoIR.

- Start GlovePIE and load the script provided in the ClientFiles. This emulates TrackIR.

- Run FaceTrackNoIR, with the PPJoy protocol.

- Try your game!

- Give us feedback :cool:

I'm also busy making FaceTrackNoIR directly TrackIR compatible (at least the un-encrypted version of it). I'll certainly post, if that is ready...

ok done what you said it works for look left and right but not up down or zoom, when i say works i mean barely. but yeah i think when u finish adding track ir support my oath it should work then cant wait.

@PhilippRauch: it's a bit of an 'open door', but have you tried the SeeingMachines Demo? If that works, FaceTrackNoIR will too (well, at least I hope it always does...).

Well, i tried it all, in all combinations possible... just the demo, the demo with the api installed before, the demo with the API installed aftewards, FaceTrack with API before/after/without.. to no avail..

one thing that i see, well rather what i not see, is the camera picture window in FaceTrack, or does it come only after starting FaceTrack?

Im on Win7 x64 .. i dont know much about it yet, maybe some service thats needed is not starting or has not started before...

i tried a logitech and a windows cam with it, all quite new models.. i tried normal and low and high resolutions.. nothing... i only and always get this errror..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1026291/FaceTrackNoIR_win7error.jpg

for those of you who are unable to start the app:

as we (dev Friend & me) dont experience these problems, its very hard to recreate and pinpoint the problem. But what we can do, is scan a logfile.

When you have a problem, check the windows logfiles if you see any message which might be related 2 your problem (version of ddl wrong etc). If so, post a export of that message or complete log on this forum.

If that doesnt work out, try: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

This app will record ALL the actions of your machine during a certain period. The information captured can be saved in a file.

Maybe we can pinpoint the problem from these logs, but there are no guarantees.

Be aware:

- to compress your logfiles before posting! (zip, 7z)

- that private info can/will be shared this way! (no passwords, but systemstructure, installed software etc)

- not to ask any questions on how to get the windows logfiles or about the systeminternals software. These are offtopic for this thread, there is more than enough documentation on the internet

You can send stuff in a private message, we will handle them with care, unless you have info on the next 9/11.... ;)

Edited by ronski

Well, i tried it all, in all combinations possible... just the demo, the demo with the api installed before, the demo with the API installed aftewards, FaceTrack with API before/after/without.. to no avail..

one thing that i see, well rather what i not see, is the camera picture window in FaceTrack, or does it come only after starting FaceTrack?

Im on Win7 x64 .. i dont know much about it yet, maybe some service thats needed is not starting or has not started before...

i tried a logitech and a windows cam with it, all quite new models.. i tried normal and low and high resolutions.. nothing... i only and always get this errror..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1026291/FaceTrackNoIR_win7error.jpg

you arent trying to start facetrack with a game minimized are ya cause i got that error when i tried to start it with a game minimized.

Hi ,

it's ARMA2 OA compatible with FaceTrackNoIR....today i tested it and activate freetrack on comands but it's not working ....:mad:

@+

yeah, match yesterday was cool. I thought they would win. Now an interesting semifinal, and then a tough final.

And today another good game.

I'm not sure of what you know. DLL means dynamic linking library, which means that its code is loaded by the program when the program starts, at the earliest (hence the dynamic attribute). When a dll is loaded it's initialized, in a function called dllmain. What these guys are suggesting is that one of the dlls does something in the dllmain that it shouldn't do, calling code from the crt, the microsoft c runtime library (another dll), which hasn't been initialized yet.

Now, if you take the same code as the dll, but you don't load it dynamically, inserting it directly into the code of the application, you have what is called static linking. In that case you don't have dependencies on the dll, and no dll main is called, because the code of the dll is in the application. You don't see a dll, you just see a bigger exe. Obviously an initialization of the library can be expected, but because there are no dlls used there is no dllmain anymore, and possibly things won't be screwed up. Not guaranteed though.

The advantage in this case is also that, while each machine can have its own version of the dll, the statically linked machine is a monolithic piece of code, and every machine has the same; every machine runs the code as it has been made on the compiling machine. It's just the same big exe for everybody. No dependency on a dll that you might have in a different version.

The disadvantage of course is that dlls are shared by more applications, and with a statically linked application that doesn't apply anymore, which is a waste of memory. Obviously that means that I would prefer it the way it is :). But maybe it's possible to make an extra statically linked version.

The real solution would be to find out what dll is doing the wrong thing, but as you see from that link it's not really trivial, even if not impossible.

You could also find out what dlls the application is using, and get some copies from someone who has a working version. But be careful, as you might replace some dlls that could be somehow used by the system.

K thanks for your explanation.

appreciate you taking your time

Works really nice with the PS3 Eye camera

there's some jerkyness sometimes but other then that its fine, I did notice that when testing it out (I was using the armory) pressing on = would increase the speed of the game (just need to unbind that one).

Hi ,

it's ARMA2 OA compatible with FaceTrackNoIR....today i tested it and activate freetrack on comands but it's not working ....:mad:

@+

yes i tried it today with arrowhead it works ok.

Hello gamers,

From several gamers and flight-simmers I got requests to make FaceTrackNoIR compatible with TrackIR, so I did. If you want to try it: http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetracknoir/files/

You have to download release 1 first (if you haven't already) and then apply the update (ZIP-file). Readme files are included.

Oh yeah, I tried FaceTrackNoIR using the TrackIR-protocol with FreeFalcon 5, IL-2 1946 and rFactor: that works :). I guess all programs that support unencrypted TrackIR will work now. Please let me know if you have tried some...

V4Friend

Holland

P.S.: I'll keep working on improvements, but the holidays are here :yay:

Please be patient...

Hello gamers,

From several gamers and flight-simmers I got requests to make FaceTrackNoIR compatible with TrackIR, so I did. If you want to try it: http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetracknoir/files/

You have to download release 1 first (if you haven't already) and then apply the update (ZIP-file). Readme files are included.

Oh yeah, I tried FaceTrackNoIR using the TrackIR-protocol with FreeFalcon 5, IL-2 1946 and rFactor: that works :). I guess all programs that support unencrypted TrackIR will work now. Please let me know if you have tried some...

V4Friend

Holland

P.S.: I'll keep working on improvements, but the holidays are here :yay:

Please be patient...

ok just tried it with iracing and rfactor it works ok with rfactor but its jittery with iracing. when i look around its fine its when i have my head still. but other than that m8 she is coming along just fine. i think if i mess around with the settings im sure it would work better.

dont no if its even possible but is there a chance it could work in the dark at all instead of having a bright light pointing at ya face. and just a suggestion, it would be good to have a sliding bar for each axis for dead zone. cause i noticed with arma 2 i look left and right and i lean as well as zoom. that would be good to have.

Wow this program works amazingly well and you dont need anything attached to your headset. I think it works better than my homemade FreeTrack Clip (its not a 100% vertical so FreeTrack screws up).Thanks for making this :notworthy:

it would be good to have a sliding bar for each axis for dead zone. cause i noticed with arma 2 i look left and right and i lean as well as zoom. that would be good to have.

I would second this, because right now the Translational motion in x-direction is unusable in ArmA2 (you almost always lean left/right as soon as you look in that direction).

Another issue I experience is that the program seems to slow down after a while (tracking not as responsive as when you first start it). What I'm currently doing is just alt-tab and switch the API off and on again.

Keep up the great work :D

How does one disable the leaning entirely? I've turned off the Z axis to get rid of the zooming, but the leaning is truly annoying as well lol.

How does one disable the leaning entirely? I've turned off the Z axis to get rid of the zooming, but the leaning is truly annoying as well lol.

I just set the sensitivity for x to 0.

BTW you can safely set Roll and Y Sensitivity to 0 as well, since they aren't even used in ArmA2. Apart from Pitch and Yaw only X and Z are used (Z is useless in my opinion because who leans inward to zoom in).

Reinstalled all, still getting same error:

beztytuu1sc.th.png

Same when choosing FaceAPI...

Edited by Max255[PL]

;1691118']Reinstalled all' date=' still getting same error:

beztytuu1sc.th.png

Same when choosing FaceAPI...

it sounds like you are trying to turn it back on when a game is minimized.

i get this error as well when i turn it off and back on with a game minimized.

Hi V4friend, is this version compatible on 64bits Win7 OS? I can't seems to use this after I upgraded my OS to 64x version.

Hello Muahaha,

Some others have experienced the same. SeeingMachines states that the faceAPI is not compatible yet, so neither is FaceTrackNoIR... I don't know if that's the case for everyone though?

@gxxshock: you're right about disabling x-movement to prevent leaning from kicking in. My ToDo list is growing...