v4friend

Update FaceTrackNoIR

Hello Sarge & Xirow,

I don't know if this helps, but at least it gives you something to work with. On my PC, FaceTrackNoIR works fine and I get no R6030 error(s). :)

Until: I start Visual Studio's Spy++ program :eek:

If I start Spy++ before starting FaceTrackNoIR I get the exact same error(s) you both do.

I guess on your PC's, some program loads the 'wrong version' of the C++ DLL's.

I read a tip somewhere, to create a new user-account on your PC, to ensure that no startup-programs are loaded.

@Iroquois Pliskin: I'll make a note of it. Some others have also requested different 'Neutral Zones' for all 6DOF's. It's a future enhancement that's rising on the ToDo list :cool:

Hello Sarge & Xirow,

I don't know if this helps, but at least it gives you something to work with. On my PC, FaceTrackNoIR works fine and I get no R6030 error(s). :)

Until: I start Visual Studio's Spy++ program :eek:

If I start Spy++ before starting FaceTrackNoIR I get the exact same error(s) you both do.

I guess on your PC's, some program loads the 'wrong version' of the C++ DLL's.

I read a tip somewhere, to create a new user-account on your PC, to ensure that no startup-programs are loaded.

@Iroquois Pliskin: I'll make a note of it. Some others have also requested different 'Neutral Zones' for all 6DOF's. It's a future enhancement that's rising on the ToDo list :cool:

well i created the other acc and it worked on that one.

But isn't there a way to stop c++ or any other program that might cause this error

You said when you started the spy++ program you got the same error...what did you do to stop the error from returning?

Anyway thanks already

maybe I misunderstand you but does that mean you have a solution?

Or you haven't found a solution yet?

I have the same problem you have and have not yet found a solution. I've tried installing various .Net releases & C++ runtimes but no luck so far.

i alwys have that flickering how to stop it

and i only run it with 9 - 15 hz how get more

i there amy another No track iR

Edited by Konrad1

Hey ...

Great initiative implementing faceAPI ;)

I've successfully ran the app and in A2 too with Microsoft VX-3000 cam.

What I noticed was for me both the default and Arma settings were too wobbly. Especially zoom in/out and roll was very hard to control.

To those who can't seem to gain control or who don't feel comfortable, I recommend to zero all settings and start adding yaw first, then some pitch then minimal Z (zoom) and X (lean)

Here are my settings which I find playable. I dont use roll or Y axis, which makes your soldier lean all the time.

[Tracking]

Smooth=10

NeutralZone=4

sensYaw=184

sensPitch=41

sensRoll=0

sensX=42

sensY=0

sensZ=21

invertYaw=false

invertPitch=false

invertRoll=false

invertX=true

invertY=false

invertZ=false

useEWMA=true

redYaw=40

redPitch=15

redRoll=0

redX=31

redY=0

redZ=22

[GameProtocol]

Selection=0

very nice job... :thumbsup:

Found a temporary 'solution' for the crt not initialized error.

First you wanna go to your run box.

stap1.jpg

In there you type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks).

stap2.jpg

Now you come up with this dialog:

stap3.jpg

Now you go to the 'startup' tab where you'll find some things that are checked.

I solved my problem by unchecking all the boxes and then restaring my pc.

The error is a startup program error.

And this list is a list of startup programs.

The downside of this is when you uncheck everything you'll disable for example messenger to show up on the toolbar on the bottom right of your screen..among with other programs that startup normally.

So does anybody know what exactly a c++ startup program is in this list so I can only disable this one?

Help is appreciated

@Sarge: I must admit that I haven't tried to solve it. If I start Spy++ after FaceTrackNoIR it works fine.

I will look into it, but things are a bit hectic right now (my mother-in-law is visiting us...)

@Sarge: I must admit that I haven't tried to solve it. If I start Spy++ after FaceTrackNoIR it works fine.

I will look into it, but things are a bit hectic right now (my mother-in-law is visiting us...)

No rush mate ;)

Hi all,

I have to buy a web-cam one first, will any web-cam do?

Hi all,

I have to buy a web-cam one first, will any web-cam do?

I would get at least a decent one that can do 640x480 or higher at 30 FPS. You don't have to spend a lot, but I wouldn't get some random no-brand one. I've got the Microsoft VX-6000 and it seems to work fine.

One thing I wonder is, would getting an HD webcam improve performance?

how would i go about using this on iracing it works with the freetrack works fine on arma 2 but i want to use it in rfactor and iracing. facetracknoir that is

I would get at least a decent one that can do 640x480 or higher at 30 FPS. You don't have to spend a lot, but I wouldn't get some random no-brand one. I've got the Microsoft VX-6000 and it seems to work fine.

One thing I wonder is, would getting an HD webcam improve performance?

A higher FPS rather than resolution will actually be the bigger benefit, resolution will just increase accuracy but FPS will reduce reaction times and increase smoothness.

Ideally you want a 60FPS or higher capable webcam.

@sarge and others: any input from others (preferably C++ programmers) would be welcome! I think it has something to do with compiler settings...

@vn88holden: If these racing-games support trackIR, you can use the PPJoy-protocol and 'chain' it with GlovePIE. Scripts and readme-files are in the FTNoIR update-ZIP. Will you let us know if you have it working? Thanks!

@sarge and others: any input from others (preferably C++ programmers) would be welcome! I think it has something to do with compiler settings...

@vn88holden: If these racing-games support trackIR, you can use the PPJoy-protocol and 'chain' it with GlovePIE. Scripts and readme-files are in the FTNoIR update-ZIP. Will you let us know if you have it working? Thanks!

well since i don't have any experience at all with c++ I would really appreciate input from others.

Thanks in advance.

does this work with lock on flamming cliffs 2.0 aswell? (sorry this is offtopic)

cheers i sure will but i have no idea what to do with the scripts or glovepie and yes the racing games support trackir and freetrack.

facetrackerror.jpg

i get this error, else i would love to use it in arma...

Failed to initialize APIScope: Unspecified error

any hints, or ideas where this comes from? the api or facetrack or my cam or ... :)

try reinstalling it if that dont fix it unplug your cam and plug it back in or update drivers. thats what happened to me.

sorry when i say unistall it i mean face api.

Edited by vn88holden

thanks, but thats what i am doing for a week now .. anything else.. ?

I really tried any combination i could imagine..

i am on win7 x64 .. maybe thats the problem?

well since i don't have any experience at all with c++ I would really appreciate input from others.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't done c++ in a while, at least on windows, but from a quick search it looks like your dlls are loaded in the wrong order.

There is not much you can do unless you know what the offending dll is. As suggested here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/8204b9fe-82f0-4519-af8f-5e2fb9b411c3/

there is a brute force solution you could use: link statically. Not sure it's possible

@PhilippRauch: it's a bit of an 'open door', but have you tried the SeeingMachines Demo? If that works, FaceTrackNoIR will too (well, at least I hope it always does...).

@dontknowhow: thanks, I read that. I do not know exactly if that is possible, but I can try. Right now I'm a bit busy celebrating our victory over Brasil and tomorrow (or actually the whole month) I will be busy with the Tour de France :)

Busy people, the Dutch!

Haven't done c++ in a while, at least on windows, but from a quick search it looks like your dlls are loaded in the wrong order.

There is not much you can do unless you know what the offending dll is. As suggested here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/8204b9fe-82f0-4519-af8f-5e2fb9b411c3/

there is a brute force solution you could use: link statically. Not sure it's possible

i'm not into C++ that much..what does link statically mean?

Thanks for your effort already

yeah, match yesterday was cool. I thought they would win. Now an interesting semifinal, and then a tough final.

And today another good game.

i'm not into C++ that much..what does link statically mean?

Thanks for your effort already

I'm not sure of what you know. DLL means dynamic linking library, which means that its code is loaded by the program when the program starts, at the earliest (hence the dynamic attribute). When a dll is loaded it's initialized, in a function called dllmain. What these guys are suggesting is that one of the dlls does something in the dllmain that it shouldn't do, calling code from the crt, the microsoft c runtime library (another dll), which hasn't been initialized yet.

Now, if you take the same code as the dll, but you don't load it dynamically, inserting it directly into the code of the application, you have what is called static linking. In that case you don't have dependencies on the dll, and no dll main is called, because the code of the dll is in the application. You don't see a dll, you just see a bigger exe. Obviously an initialization of the library can be expected, but because there are no dlls used there is no dllmain anymore, and possibly things won't be screwed up. Not guaranteed though.

The advantage in this case is also that, while each machine can have its own version of the dll, the statically linked machine is a monolithic piece of code, and every machine has the same; every machine runs the code as it has been made on the compiling machine. It's just the same big exe for everybody. No dependency on a dll that you might have in a different version.

The disadvantage of course is that dlls are shared by more applications, and with a statically linked application that doesn't apply anymore, which is a waste of memory. Obviously that means that I would prefer it the way it is :). But maybe it's possible to make an extra statically linked version.

The real solution would be to find out what dll is doing the wrong thing, but as you see from that link it's not really trivial, even if not impossible.

You could also find out what dlls the application is using, and get some copies from someone who has a working version. But be careful, as you might replace some dlls that could be somehow used by the system.