Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Standalone addons release thread

I just want to make sure it's cool to merge this with the existing CWR2 mod folder. I still play the beta and wanted to make sure there wont be any problems.

Also are the missions the same from the beta? I see a couple have the same name but the others don't.(I just opened the .pbo) I'm not sure if the others just have different file names or if they are different all together.

Thanks guys. This island looks great thus far.

Edited by Manzilla

What Beta? We have no beta released yet. :p

If you mean if you can merge it with your existing Desert Island or Winter Kolgujev folder then yes, of course you can merge them. Just overwrite the files with the new ones.

You bastard! ;)

Thanks for the info. I figured it was the case but had to ask.

At the start of Ground Attack II I get a 'Script Video.sqs not found' error. The mission plays ok though. Just thought I would let you know!

oh hai guyz i wud lyk3 to point owt n rror basd on historical fct.

the town on the south f kolguchev is called kardif (play on wurds off Cardiff), if my recall of teh t3rr1bl3 RH campaign s accur8. Ass mutch ass I h8 CM, this s troo.

/BS. Also, the following evil messages appear in the RPT if you overwrite your old CWR winter Kolgujev 1.02 with the new and try to run it:

LODShape::Preload: shape 'cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\budova3.p3d' not found
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\budova3.p3d
LODShape::Preload: shape 'cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\zed3.p3d' not found
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\zed3.p3d
LODShape::Preload: shape 'cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\pletivo.p3d' not found
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\pletivo.p3d
LODShape::Preload: shape 'cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\zed2.p3d' not found
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\zed2.p3d
LODShape::Preload: shape 'cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\zed.p3d' not found
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\zed.p3d
LODShape::Preload: shape 'cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\pytle.p3d' not found
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\pytle.p3d
LODShape::Preload: shape 'cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\hlaska.p3d' not found
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\hlaska.p3d
LODShape::Preload: shape 'cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\fuelstation.p3d' not found
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\fuelstation.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\sloupyeli.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\afnewplot2.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\sloupyela.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\lampazel.p3d
cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings_ca\terc.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\garaz_bez_tanku.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\zed_kamenna.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\plechbud.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\fuelstation_army.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\pletivo_wired_branal.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\strazni_vez.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\pletivo_wired_branap.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\stodola_old.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object cwr2\general\cwr2_buildings\dum02.p3d

...aaaand for some reason Desert Island 1.01 seems to be playing up re: those buildings in the bay there, and the intro mission (the latter for obvious reasons):

Missing addons detected:
 cwr2_soldiers_rus
 cwr2_urals
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cwr2_soldiers_rus, cwr2_urals
Warning Message: Cannot load texture cwr2\general\cwr2_furniture\tables\data\ubrus_2.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture cwr2\general\cwr2_furniture\tables\data\ubrus_2.paa.

While I'm on a roll, I must say that I'm not really a fan of the latest version of Desert Island's satmap, and also the buildings. The satmap needs to be lightened and desaturated to match the texture under the player's feet, or else you get that terrible, amateurish effect where you see a circle of different coloured terrain around you (which plagues a very large proportion of user-made maps, two examples are Tora Bora and Capraia). It's one of my pet hates, and is especially pronounced in the early morning. If memory seves, 1.0 had it almost spot on.

Layers.jpg

Plus Desert Island has NEVER had buildings on it. EVER. If there were buildings, they got blown up and bulldozed into the sea. Kind of ruins the lonely feeling to see a hospital and trees there.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Yes. Not for this release of course but the full Mod will have both improved islands and new vegetation models. We are aware that the clutter objects used on Kolgujev may cause performance problems, as soon as we fixed that problem there will be an update of course. :)

Nice to see there are no problems so far and the you enjoy the missions which I expected to be too easy. :)

thanks a lot for this info. It seems this kolgujev is the most authentic one released.

This Kolgujev is indeed the most authentic one. Although forests are not as dense as in original.

Also Ground Attack II mission didn't seem to have a russian chopper and a russian airplane present like in the original one =/

Lone Wold didn't have alarms go off when I blew up tanks

Edited by metalcraze

At the start of Ground Attack II I get a 'Script Video.sqs not found' error. The mission plays ok though. Just thought I would let you know!

Ouch, that should have been fixed but obviously I forgot about it.

/BS. Also, the following evil messages appear in the RPT if you overwrite your old CWR winter Kolgujev 1.02 with the new and try to run it:

But happens only when Winter Kolgujev is in the same Modfolder as this one, right?

We renamed the building p3d files after the Winter release so they are not found on Winter Kolgujev anymore. We gonna fix this asap, in the meantime please run Winter Kolgujev in its own Modfolder. Sorry about this.

Desert Island should not have any buildings at all. But yeah the intro scene should be changed for the standalone release.

While I'm on a roll, I must say that I'm not really a fan of the latest version of Desert Island's satmap, and also the buildings. The satmap needs to be lightened and desaturated to match the texture under the player's feet, or else you get that terrible, amateurish effect where you see a circle of different coloured terrain around you (which plagues a very large proportion of user-made maps, two examples are Tora Bora and Capraia). It's one of my pet hates, and is especially pronounced in the early morning. If memory seves, 1.0 had it almost spot on.

As for the satmask, agreed. However for the time being you have to live with it as we currently have other problems than that little island. :)

However the satmask is the same as in v1.0, the only difference are the v2 server keys.

This Kolgujev is indeed the most authentic one. Although forests are not as dense as in original.

Also Ground Attack II mission didn't seem to have a russian chopper and a russian airplane present like in the original one =/

Lone Wold didn't have alarms go off when I blew up tanks

If we add more trees to the forests it would lag even more. With the vegetation change we also will make the forests more dense though I'm not sure if it's a good idea to make them as dense as the originals. But at least as dense as on Chernarus will be possible.

Both the Hind and the Su-25 are only present in Veteran Mode and have a 50% chance of appearance. ;)

Looks like I forgot to add a condition to the alarm trigger in Lone Wolf.

Thanks for the reports guys, the mission problems I fix today. Fixes for the terrain issues may take a bit longer, quite possible there will be more issues we haven't spotted yet. :)

Ah. It's just that I've played that mission several times in OFP before and chopper + plane were always present.

EDIT: In Incursion when I blew up two bmps near the general's residence using satchels the camp didn't go on alert, alarm didn't go off (but it works when attacking infantry) and patrols were walking around like nothing was happening.

Edited by metalcraze

Recently, while wandering on an "unspecified" terrain - checking for

that terrible, amateurish effect where you see a circle of different coloured terrain around you
I discovered a trail of curious footprints...

print3.jpg

Foolishly, I followed them...

print2.jpg

... thinking they might lead to... I dunno, biscuits or something.....

Of course, it was a lure, a ploy, a trap, to tempt unsuspecting island makers into the CWR2 den, where both I, and the rather better-known Shezan74, are currently being held hostage until the rest of the CWR islands are - at the very least - truly awesome...

Still... at least they do feed us biscuits... :D... no beer yet tho... :(

Anyhow... cryptic intro over... tho' I guess my shiny new CWR2 badge means I get to make a couple of relevant comments...

Both the currently released islands date from before me & Shezan's arrival, and so without doubt will be revamped in due course before the full CWR2 release... I'll be keeping track of all comments posted here so we know which areas need the most attention, or draw the most criticism...

@CameronMcD

Yes indeed - that "shading effect" could be minimised considerably - consider that top of the list...

Also on Desert Island... there's generally more than one type of sand in a desert - the wind shifts things about - separates coarse from fine... from beach sand, thru windblown dunes to small stones and pebbles in sheltered spots where the occasional straggly bush has managed to survive...

Next version for all of that... I have a priorities list and right now it says "Everon"...

forests are not as dense as in original

I see Wolle has already answered this one as I've been typing...

The original forest density - recreated with Arma 2 trees - would bring most people's computers to their knees... no point in things looking gorgeous if they're unplayable for most people... Chernarus-type density seems to be a compromise most peoples rigs can cope with... we'll aim for something like that...

Also - in some cases, we'll relax the original rigidly aligned OFP-style trees to allow for a more natural look (although actual forest boundarys/extents will be kept the same as the originals for authenticity purposes)...

OK - guess that's all on the actual terrain front... everything else is someone else's department... ;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I'd really like to have the finished Desert Island to be mostly flat like the original. The bumpy terrain in the current version prevents making faithful remakes of the OFP missions that were built there mainly because of the completely flat and featureless ground.

Very nice island and thank you for missions. I found bug: MI-24 (Hind) crash down after 15 or 20 sec.

Very nice island and thank you for missions. I found bug: MI-24 (Hind) crash down after 15 or 20 sec.

In 'Incursion' right? Had the same

Probably a result of the huge vodka depots they have in every base.

I had that once in the intro scene, but was gone after I changed the flying height. In Incursion I haven't checked but will increase it there too just to be safe.

A video of Bomberman if anyone will want to have some trip down the memory lane before downloading

A video of Bomberman if anyone will want to have some trip down the memory lane before downloading

Well played! Now show me how you do the sniper one (can't remember it's name - you have to kill two people travelling between bases). I cannot for the life of me finish this - I always was rubbish with a sniper rifle though!

Thanks for this CWR2 update! :)

IIRC from OFP

* in "Bomberman" group Charlie was not in contact with enemies until the player called them in.

* in "Sniper Team" the player had to kill all three officers (now its just one of them) and just get back to missionstart (camp) in the forrest.

Suggestion - all 3 officers should be killed and the player has to go to the LZ on his own. The two AI's could move to/stay at the camp or disappear into another direction (eg via radio command). They are too bad to motocross.

* mission "Incursion" is a bit easy - maybe just place some "tired/sleepy" guards at the gate and let some more patrols (2-4 soldiers) walk around. Perhaps add a optional task to destroy the Shilka/Radar?

Of course some short intros/outros would be great too... :p;)

Well played! Now show me how you do the sniper one (can't remember it's name - you have to kill two people travelling between bases). I cannot for the life of me finish this - I always was rubbish with a sniper rifle though!

Maybe a text advice will help you first

There's a small forest to the west of the base.

In my playthrough I ordered my guys to go prone and stay at the edge of the forest then went deeper into the forest and waited until officers arrived and gathered near the tent.

Now here came the harder bit. In OFP vanilla AI can't see anything further than 250m and forests are pretty dense.

Here it's different and so I got wiped out by BMP behind the tent on the first try. In OFP it was easier because trees created a sort of impenetrable "wall" so you could get away with shooting more easily.

The next time I just made sure that the tree conceals me from BMP's view (place it between you and a BMP while you lie next to the tree so you don't see the BMP) and started shooting officers. BMP crew never detected me.

Another thing to remember here is that you must try to stay as far from the base in the forest as possible and yet have a good view on the gathering point.

Then I returned with my team to the starting camp hoping to use motorbikes to quickly get to the extraction point but AIs were rubbish at driving them anywhere so it was a long hike to the finish.

It's quite an OFP-grade challenging mission indeed. You just have to play it the ArmA way

Another advice for people that will most likely encounter a big problem in "Incursion" with NVGs where the bright sky makes everything on the ground black. Do a search on Armaholic for S_NVG mod for ArmA2. It will save you a lot of nerves.

Edited by metalcraze

It is a convector flashpoint map!!!) Coooooooooooooooool

you gave me the kick to download :)

Uploaded new versions of both Kolgujev and Desert Island, see first post for download links.

On Desert Island the placed buildings/vegetation has been removed, the Kolgujev package has fixed/improved missions as well as another SP mission.

Both packages have v2 signatures now included.

Please delete all existing pbo files from your Modfolder to make sure you don't run any outdated pbos.