Welcome to

World in Conflict Tool - WICT

BI forum thread where we discussed it all, thank you people!

and also thanx ArmAholic for support.

WICT trailer

-A9hq-S1Zu8

The WICT: World in Conflict Tool is ArmAII module for infinitely creating dynamic battlefronts and ultimate free roaming experience.

The easiest settings you’ve ever made – easy installation, implementation and settings – add these scripts, setup and play.

Dynamically created battlefronts – experience battlefronts that are not scripted – they are everywhere. Fight at the frontline, rush with your teammates on enemy bases, defend positions, break the opponent's frontline, or come from behind… Or just do free roam and watch huge battle rages all around you.

Turn-based spawning system brings new strategy dimension to the gameplay. Watch enemies’ movement, but also watch your teammates – you are not alone, use that as an opportunity.

No predefined locations – every inch of the map could be a potential spawning point and, the most important, a battlefield. It’s completely compatible to free roam. Every spawning point is calculated during the gameplay taking into consideration various parameters in order to create battlefronts and objective driven battles.

No predefined pathways – every class has its own FSM script that will evaluate the situation upon spawning and setup waypoints and goals – FSM AI script will find it's own path in order to accomplish this goal.

Safe, hot, tampon and directional zones for a true free roam experience in ArmA.

+ brand new Auto Flag function!!!

13 different classes you can setup and modify for each base. This module is completely open for adding custom teams and squads, vehicles, loadouts… for ArmAII and ArmAII:OA.

It is not all about you – this is a world which will go on with or without you. Both sides will try to break the opponent's frontline in order to capture their base. Both sides will try to capture neutral sectors and turn them into their vantage point. It's war and you are one soldier among hundreds which are eager to achieve victory.

No caching units – still you can deploy particular number of units or just let the script create warfare for you. It’s fully compatible with any mission you've ever created in the editor.

Sandbox story design - enhance your experience with Ultimate spawning - create dynamic branching story with objectives, unlocking new missions as player progress based on his decisions, moves and tactic.

Stable version, tested, without bugs, few lags, mainly designed through FSM, ensures that spawning is accurate all the time.

Something about me, regarding programming:

I am 26 years old, and I have a master degree in biology (common / plain biology). My master thesis was "Development of consciousness".

Right now I am on PhD studies in Neuroscience and my field of interest are neural networks (in free time).

Currently, I am working with a laser microscope and on image analysis, Markov chain model for clusters, computational neuroscience etc.

Replies below are regarding the very first version of this post... I was reckless and people got me wrong... Now, after seven months working here with you guys I finally have something nice and complete to present. However, the original post is still here, in the spoiler though...

Why disclaimer?

Disclaimer: I joined ArmA community to work on ArmA game. Although I worked in the editor in Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, neither I am interested in comparison of and discussions about the quality of these mentioned games, nor I am implying any personal preferences. I might use my previous knowledge, thoughts and ideas (which are my personal property), but as a member of this community I am looking toward pure programming and ArmA as object of my current work, with deep respect to all members and their personal preferences.

Hello Arma II community,

First things first, if anyone did something similar I sorry for double-posting (I checked, there is no such thread already), but I think, if it is useful for just for one programmer, it's worth of posting.

Second, if there is someone who finds this interesting and wants to discuss these ideas, please feel free to post a reply.

read disclaimer or comments below if you find anything I said disturbing

I played both Arma II and Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, and though I like ArmA's sandbox style very much, I begun editing OFP DR. Now, I wish tried with ArmA editor in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I know these two communities almost hate each other (which I experienced here), but I wouldn't be doing this if I don't care about both games and want to help with making something big, regarding programming.

However, I wanted to add everything I like in ArmA to OFP, to make some mix. I was curious is it possible that ordinary guy like me make sandbox game with just a small, but solid scientific knowledge about C++ and MatLab, and algorithmic thinking; to start working with LUA editor that comes with game Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and make something more, beyond the original game.

People on the Codemaster's forum were complaining about emptiness of the island. For example, if you leave the area where firefight took place (in the campaign) you will find nothing but an empty island. The very first restriction in the mission editor is max 63 entities (people and vehicles) that you can use.

This whole approach enabled me to implement missions other people created in the editor.

I created sandbox game with patrols, guerrilla firefights and objectives. It became a war zone. You could free-roam and battle is literally coming to you. Enemy is trying to attack your position and friends to defend it. More hardly scripted parts of the game have a story behind it – strategically important position, releasing prisoners, defending villages and conquering regions – everything that original game had but with more action. Basically, what I did is to force the AI to change by changing its environment in real-time. The AI was the same all the time, but variations in spawning angle, spawning distance, picked spawning position, spawning time, difficulty that controls these parameters, player’s current position, rules of engagement and enemy – friend ratio, mixed with scripted objectives, was sufficient enough to make this variable and interesting.

Here is a summary of what I was trying to do and what I accomplished.

1) 360 DEGREES XYZ SPAWNING SYSTEM with no-predefined locations and no-predefined pathways (for patrols). Locations and pathways are calculated during spawning process, it is random, so you will never ever find patrols on the same place or coming from the same direction twice.

>>>> • Every point on the map is potential spawning point or pathway.

>>>> • Multiple modulators of spawning probability.

>>>> • Dynamic difficulty.

>>>> COOP compatible – any of the four players can go separate way and encounter guerilla fighters, but only one objective can be active at the time.

The system is using dynamic spawning distance and angle, reading coordinates from predefined locations. However due to dynamic difficulty and other variables final location and pathway are never the same.

2) Free open world to explore with areas where you can acquire intel and maps packed in .zip archive (with installation).

The world consists of objectives mixed with events that change dynamically as you play.

3) Enemy patrols all over the island that search for you, using different tactics: engaging, assaulting, searching and covering each other. And most of all, they are everywhere.

Different rules of engagement are very important for the gameplay as a variability factor.

4) Guerrilla firefights with both sides, in other words there are battles all over the island – you are not alone there. You can help your teammates to clear the island and be rescued in the last moment by your teammate patrol.

One more variability factor in the form of friends / foes ratio.

5) Reward system for finishing missions, so you can plan your operations according to reward you can get (more units to control, artillery strike(s) etc.) in order to complete some other missions.

Complex scripts with strategic role, that bring a very boring island to life.

6) Scripted intense firefights in “Call of Duty style†for more intentional operations in the game.

7) Dynamic high command (like in ArmA II) enables you to take command over troops and plan your assault.

8) Vantage points and front lines ---- These are very important for your progress. You can conquer them and defend and you might earn some help as the reward from birds in the sky or artillery.

9) Base ---- save there, re-arm or take a vehicle.

10) Use transport freely ---- take any vehicle from the base / camp and drive / fly wherever you want.

11) Dynamic time and weather.

12) Safe houses (like in Far Cry 2) ---- you can use safe (save) houses to re-arm (find special weapons), save your progress and catch some breath.

13) Storyline ---- Actually there is the storyline, although it is free roaming.

I am about to put complete code in pseudo-code style, so be patient for a little while, I will post the info about the update here.

Edited by ArmAIIholic
TOC and news

I am sorry, but i don't get what discussion you want to start with the above topic..

Is i above DR or A2? Because if it is above DR, you are in the wrong forums..

However, I wanted to add everything I like in ArmA to OFP, to make some mix. I was curious is it possible that ordinary guy like me make sandbox game with just a small, but solid scientific knowledge about C++ and MatLab, and algorithmic thinking; to start working with LUA editor that comes with game Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and make something more, beyond the original game.

If you can't even post in the right company's forums, I highly doubt it... :rolleyes:

EDIT - To be honest with you, I don't think anyone on this forum would even care what you do with OFP-DR anyways. That game was written off as trash a long time ago.

Edited by Mosh
miore stuff

DO EET.

GTA: ArmA

Plus 1

Do you all read the post before you reply? :j:

READ THE POST, he is talking about OFP-DR, not ARMA. This shouldn't even be a topic here.

Do you all read the post before you reply? :j:

READ THE POST, he is talking about OFP-DR, not ARMA. This shouldn't even be a topic here.

Yeah man, and the heading "Sandboxing ArmA II" if its for arma2 then do it, if its not then let him deal with all the haters...

From reading the plans the OP speaks about, this has be done with ArmA 2 countless times. So i guess he's not in the wrong Forum, just talking/playing the wrong game. :D

wow guys? what did I do wrong???

did I insult someone so you are so rude? did you even look at my website? did you look any of the ideas?

1) I said I don't know if this is done for ArmA II. so don't be rude and if you know who did it help me to find that person

2) this is not about DR. it is about A2 and I am not in the wrong forum, since this is A2 forum

3) I already posted everything on the Codemaster's forum. it is just my wish and good will to share this here and do research about similar things in A2

4) I didn't expect such judgment -- I did it for DR, I am tired of DR, I am done(!) with DR and I am interested in programming not arguing and judging on the base who is for DR - A2, you are like children for Gods sake, grow up, it is idea that matters here

5) and finally, again I am not talking about DR --- do you want me to remove that word - - would then be ok?? I am talking about ideas people, what is the hate for?????

I don't have time right now for that programming (working on image analysis and Markov cluster right now on PhD) but I was excited to share the ideas...

Come on people I am serious, 26 years old man, not just a kid fooling around.

Yep, Welcome to the BIS forums :D

To be fair maybe the thread didnt clearly state what you were wanting to do for some people here.

Anything to do with dragon rising gets up a lot of peoples noses here, actually anything to do with any other FPS gets ya labelled :p.

I like the concept, sounds intense! and as snyder said "DO EET"

To be fair maybe the thread didnt clearly state what you were wanting to do for some people here.

It really looked like you were talking about OFP-DR, so yes I made my comments based on that... I still could care less what you did with DR though, as most people here will agree.

But like Myke also said above, the idea certainly isn't new here (for Arma II).

But like Myke also said above, the idea certainly isn't new here (for Arma II).

has it been done? where can we get it?

Ignore the people who are just jumping to conclusions with DR . It sounds like something similar to the DAC with the random spawning of ai and missions.. Maybe it would be worth talking about a colaboration with those guys... As far as I'm concerned anything that makes a dynamic campaign like in Enemy engaged is well worth it if its possible to pull off... Have a look in the completed addons and mods forum for DAC and see if any of the members of that will help you since your idea sounds like a step up for that wich would be intense..

Katipo66 and wolfbite thank you for understanding. I will look about DAC and I will describe my method in full length soon.

And Mosh I don't know which part of "this isn't about DR" you didn't understand? Should I apologize to you personally for offending you by mentioning my previous work?

Mosh and ArmA II community, I am really sorry that my previous work was OFPDR. Will you accept me now here Mosh and let me work?

I didn't get from your above post: are you trying to port stuff from DR to A2?

Some of what you accomplished to do with DR is already posible using the editor modules

You can pretty create much of what you want with DAC! it just very big project to do but it can be done and properly will be done in the future lol! in the world of ArmA II - Anything is possible!

Well, pufu I am here to see what can be done. As I wrote I will describe complete code that I wrote and try to contact those guys as wolfbite suggested.

And thank you very much because, I am trying to get familiar with programming in ArmA II and to see how to develop my ideas about sandbox military games further.

I will check your link too.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Thanx MattXR, I will check that. Maybe I will be able to help and contribute. I am looking forward that future.

Like mentioned everything you listed has already been done, it's not easy coming to ArmA and invent something new.

Hint: talking about DR around here isn't always popular :p

Welcome to the forum btw :)

My apolgogies but your opening post was clearly misleading.

About your project, to me it sounds like a mix-up of Warfare + Domination + Evolution and a few default modules, including DAC.

Could turn out interesting if you can avoid having too much of a "déjà vu" feeling.

Your first post really looks like you want to do something in DR that is possible in arma2. I think you should try to make it clear in your first post that you did it in DR and now you like to try it in arma2 ;)

Want you want to achieve is fairly simple. I suggest you start with DAC as that is a wonderful script suit that will inhabit any island with AI. Then, for SP, you could just drop the spec op module and there you go.

In short; your imagination, creativity (and restistance to frustration) are the only limiting factors in arma2.

My apologies also, it really looked like you were posting work you planned on doing for OFP-DR. It's not that I care one way or another about DR (I never bought it because I know it sucked) but I thought why the hell would we care what you plan on doing with it. I know I'm not the only one who misunderstood you, but none the less, I am sorry for being harsh.

And yes... some of us here are over emotional when it comes to Arma II.

Good luck in whatever you do and a belated welcome to the forums. :rolleyes:

Its true that most of this stuff is available in the editor, especially with the very beautiful tool that is DAC :D and setting up warfare/ACM/SOM and a few other scripts to run together provides a very dynamic map.

But ive never seen something with Vantage points and front lines, safe houses etc and everything tied in as one nice package as ArmAIIholic describes... GTA ARMA :p

I updated page so there are some diagrams and complete coding. I tried to make it as simple as possible.

You might find this solution very simple and "omg, is he serious". However it achieves the main idea: if one provides enough variability in parameters one can control, one can (pretty successfully) mimic intelligence behavior and populated world.

I actually did test this you-know-where and if someone still don't like it there is a disclaimer now on my thread and website. So it works really good.

I also contacted Silola about DAC.

And all of you people thank you very much for support. Looking forward to working with you. And I am getting ArmA

ArmAIIholic, were you Prestige (2006) in "That game's" forums? If so your missions were one of the few things I liked about the game. I hope you continue it here because I like this game much much better. :D

Good luck man!

Edited by bobtom

hey bobtom :) I can't believe it.... Nice surprise. Yes I was Prestige (2006) [i just love that movie, but it's really stupid alias] in that you-know-game's forum (I feel like Harry Potter writing this). Thanx for support!

Edited by ArmAIIholic