Sign in to follow this  

How modular will this sound mod be. Would it be possible to have it as modular as HiFi?

Not for now, sry. It's all in a config file and very compact. It would be a huge effort to split the config. Perhaps a little too much for me alone. But it can be done in any case. And I've been thinking about it too.

As far as I could test it yet, it is entirely compatible with other addons. Whether ACE or BW-Mod or something else. Only in terms of other sound mods I'm not so sure. This will overlap and then crash maybe.

And Thanks again. It is cool to get such feedback. I will now go on and take a look at the rest of the guns. Then the complete Enviremont. The Movement is also only in beta phase. There are still a lot of intervention. A new Update-Video is already on the road. Perhaps even this week.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

PS: maybe J.S.R.S - Jarhead's Sounds-Redeployment Systems. What do you think?

Edited by LordJarhead

Sry I have not made reported.

Today I again had a little success with my config and can approach me slowly the first release.

Before that, I still do a little video and will have fixed a few little things. There are still some weapons not made final at this time. But that will not for long. So a little patience ...

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

A new Beta

of the J.S.R.S. Mod is now avaiable on Youtube.

Enjoy.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Hiya mate,

I just thought I'd offer the configs from HiFi for you to use if you so wish. I understand how much work it is ;) . Nobody else really does :)

So, if your interested, shout me and I'll email you whatever you need.

Good luck and a great start mate, sounding wicked !

A new Beta
of the J.S.R.S. Mod is now avaiable on Youtube.

Enjoy.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Wow very impressiv.....looking forward to your mod. Will it be OA compatible?

Edited by =NAG=Berliner19

Thanks for the nice words.

Most of the Sounds are from Videos, Games and real Videos.

Each sound of a Gun are contains minimum 4 different sounds. The blast at the beginning, the immediate echoing, the sound of different mechanisms, such as for example the snap of the G36 loading lever, and the active resonant wide.

Each weapon has 8 different sounds split of for single, burst and automatic firing. Over 600 (six hundred!!!) new footsteps to make each step sounds different like the next one. 200 new Weapon sounds, 250 new sounds for explosions and impacts, soniccracks and so on. And before i forget: complete new ambiente. New Thunder, Wood, City, Wind, Houses, Night and Day sounds.

All in one its about 400 MB big and contains more then 1200 new sounds.

So, now i have to work on it. There a lot of things i have to rework.

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Please say its OA compatible. Re-do the SCAR and M14 sounds PLEEAASEE! I'm getting desperate!

I´am going to get the OA today and take a look on it. And of course i´ll make its compatible. SCAR and M14: No problem.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Hiya mate,

I just thought I'd offer the configs from HiFi for you to use if you so wish. I understand how much work it is ;) . Nobody else really does :)

So, if your interested, shout me and I'll email you whatever you need.

Good luck and a great start mate, sounding wicked !

That would be really nice. It´ll helps me a lot. Thanks man. ;) :yay:

Jarhead.

Very nice sounds.

They sound deep, loud and powerful.

The little added echo Fx increases the immersion aspect.

Keep it up.

Regards,

TB

Impressive video, Mr. L. !

And before i forget: complete new ambiente. New Thunder, Wood, City, Wind, Houses, Night and Day sounds.

Great news, ambient sounds are one of the most important parts of a game (at least for me). Looking forward to hear them!

Hi,

I got your PM mate, we need to meet up on some IM like msn or skype so I can send you what you need :)

I could probably help you alter the format alittle to suit you better, but we can chat about that another time. I'll PM my IM details you when I have more time.

Till then, keep it up!

Can't wait to Replace the SCAR sounds, and especially the Weird semi-auto M14 :p

I was playing the OA for a wile now and its great. The new 3 Maps are awesome, new effects like the laser and the new Head-Moving by firing a gun are really nice.

This all give some inspiration for new sounds. For example new Ambient sounds. SCAR and M14.... yes, i really don´t know why Bohemia are not going the Simulation-Way with the sound. Always want to be a great Sim and mess it up with crappy sound...

Of course i´ll try to change it, but i have to look what i do with the config. Because there are a lot of new entries, for explosions, all the new guns (about 20 or so) and so on.

The Config part will going to be hard for me, but maybe Mark XIII can helps.

But get ready for new sound-test-videos. I´am not going to play the campaign, i will wait until my mod is really ready for OA.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

This all give some inspiration for new sounds. For example new Ambient sounds. SCAR and M14.... yes, i really don´t know why Bohemia are not going the Simulation-Way with the sound. Always want to be a great Sim and mess it up with crappy sound...

Totally agree, can't wait to see what you come up with. Maybe call your mod Sim-Sound? :cool:

Yeah the SCAR sounds are REALLY pathetic. They sound like some silenced 9mm Rifle. heh..

M14 is just plain bad. lmao.

Thanks for all the hard work! Can't wait for release!!

Ok, the good message, the mod runs with OA, all weapons and sounds are integrated beautifully. the bad message, I get some error messages. In addition, Bohemia has a new PBO system that can no longer edit with the usual programs. This throws me back a little. I need urgently the SCAR entries for my Config. Let's see what this week will still happen.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Bohemia has a new PBO system that can no longer edit with the usual programs.

Yeah, that usually happens with every BIS game release. Here's some possible solutions:

Either use Eliteness from here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

(after extracting Eliteness, download dePbo and put the files in Eliteness directory)

or Kegetys' ArmA Tools (for opening pbo's, you'll need cpbo from the tools package), which have been updated to work with latest .pbo format:

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

Yeah, that usually happens with every BIS game release. Here's some possible solutions:

Either use Eliteness from here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

(after extracting Eliteness, download dePbo and put the files in Eliteness directory)

or Kegetys' ArmA Tools (for opening pbo's, you'll need cpbo from the tools package), which have been updated to work with latest .pbo format:

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

Thanks man, helps me a lot! Now I can go on ...

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Thanks man, helps me a lot! Now I can go on ...

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

No problem :) Happy to help where I can.

Woot!

You gotta release a beta or something soon. Make that SCAR sound like a REAL rifle! :D

Woot!

You gotta release a beta or something soon. Make that SCAR sound like a REAL rifle! :D

Or at least make it sound like a gun at first place :p