Sign in to follow this  

Hello everybody,

New Soundmod for Arma2. Its a overhaul of war09mod. This mod should change the following things:

1: Weapons

2: Enviremont

3: Vehicles (!Maybe if i have enough time!)

This

is to show some of the new Stuff.

Hope u like it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

!!!Beta (0.52) RELEASED!!!

Here is a direct-link to download the Beta of the J.S.R.S. Mod.

Here is the Forum Thread of the Beta! Please discuss the beta there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"UPDATE 1"

!Old War10Mod!

The first

is now avaiable on Youtube. It shows some reworked Rifle-Sounds. Next Update-Video will be avaiable end of the week.

"UPDATE 2"

!Old War10Mod!

The second

is now avaiable on Youtube. It shows most Rifle-Sounds, few Helicopters and some Idle-Sounds. Hope you enjoy. Please Rate and Comment.

"TEST-VIDEO"

!Old War10Mod!

A new

is avaiable on Youtube. It demonstrate the new Soniccracks. Enjoy.

"TEST-VIDEO 2"

!New J.S.R.S. Version!

Next Beta Test

of J.S.R.S. Mod is now online. Watch, rate and comment please. Thank you.

Spezial OA-Test Video

!New J.S.R.S. Version!

The

is now online. The SCARs showing in this Video are in the first phase of editing and NOT final.

Arma2-OA-Test Video

!New J.S.R.S. Version!

This is a

If u look this Video, u really should take a look on the Arma2-OA-Test Battle. Because u have to see the new sounds in action.

Arma2-OA-Test Battle

!New J.S.R.S. Version!

This Video is a

Arma2-OA Final Stage of Beta Video

!New J.S.R.S. Version!

The

until the Mod is released. Shows some Helicopters, some Explosions and a bit of the Environment.

Each sound of a Gun are contains minimum 4 different sounds. The blast at the beginning, the immediate echoing, the sound of different mechanisms, such as for example the snap of the G36 loading lever, and the active resonant wide.

Each weapon has 8 different sounds split of for single, burst and automatic firing. Over 600 (six hundred!!!) new footsteps to make each step sounds different like the next one. 200 new Weapon sounds, 250 new sounds for explosions and impacts, soniccracks and so on. And before i forget: complete new ambiente. New Thunder, Wood, City, Wind, Houses, Night and Day sounds.

All in one its about 400 MB big and contains more then 1200 new sounds.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead
Change the Name

it sounds a little like popular FPS games, a nice sound.

Why did you add music for a video showing sounds?

^That's what I thought.

Can we get one without music?

It sounds REALLY good though from that video. Awesome man can't wait!

One thing is they all sound a bit similar...but epic never the less.

Edited by Enad

Thanks so far,

i still working on the Riflesounds and will upload a new video (without backgroundmusic^^) as soon as posible.

Would be nice to work with the Dynamic Sound Sys. Sounds really interisting for me.

Ok, i´ll be back soon.

cya

Jarhead

PS: Working now with Laza. I will initially work without ACE. I will equip every weapon, pistol, rifle, Cannon, all tanks, cars, trucks, helicopters or aircraft with new sound effects. I will study every single weapon, just watch and listen the real sound and then duplicate it. The means to equip hundreds of weapons with new sound effects. A lot of work for me. The new Video is ready to upload.

later

Edited by LordJarhead

Great mod, it sound very good! (the Sound of Arma is like crap)

Can someone help me maybe with the Enviremont? I need the Config entry. Any ideas where I can find one? Or how it should look like in the Config?

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

The Sounds are pretty cool, but it sounds like your inside somewhere.

Are you doing something for just the weapons or do you have something planned for like grenade sounds and explosions in general?

I will change what i can change. Means footspteps, weapons, vehicles, Weather. A totaly sound overhaul. But its hard if u r doing a big project like this alone. so, it will take a wile anyway.

Iam nearly done with the first helicopter sounds. new video will be avaiable tomorrow.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Wonderful!

Overhaul would be unique brings more options to the community, great work!

A totaly sound overhaul. But its hard if u r doing a big project like this alone

I'm with you there I built my mod over a period of 3 months, but the only thing I found that makes it hard is the decisions, its alot of work but when its your own mod you dont care, you put the love and soul of your efforts and desires into it. For you you are doing a config, which im sure is challengin, I myself have no knowledge of doing anything with configs are then tweaking them.

But good luck to you man, keep at it, without guys like you this community would be like other games that only last a year or 2.

Thanks for the nice words. This motivates me to continue to work hard on this. I had this mod nearly completely finished. But when I then wanted to present the War09Mod, Arma2 had just appeared. And then I decided to port the mod for this. And the new scenario also needed a new edition of my sounds. But the sources of my sounds are rather small, so I have to edit most of them by myself. This takes hours of testing phases. But thank you, that encourages me in my project.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Very Nice Soundmod. I little bit to much echo for me but ok. Keep up the Good work.

Can someone help me maybe with the Enviremont? I need the Config entry. Any ideas where I can find one? Or how it should look like in the Config?

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

try looking at the modularSoundTemplate, it should have the config classes that you need:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/kmp-mst

Thanks, helps me a lot.

Jarhead

No problem :) I'm looking forward to your soundmod, the WIP videos sound very nice.

The Next Update is avaiable on

towatch. It contains most Rifles, few Helicopter and some Idle-Sounds.

And you can watch a new

of War10Mod.

Enjoy and comment please.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Really Nice Soundmod!

Where i can sign for beta testing?:bounce3:

I think about that. Maybe i make a Beta-Testing-Phase. For now I'm on my own with this, but its allways great to have a feedback from others.

For now, I'm thinking about a new name. I think that's the name War10Mod not really reflect what the mod contains. Maybe you have some creative ideas. It is always a relaxing time to think about something else than the whole configs, sound files, and so on. So post your creative ideas. I'm ready for everything.:D

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Sounding quite good man.

For the name, make sure it makes a cool acronym because then the modfolder looks awesome :p

A beta would be great, id love to play around with this!