Sign in to follow this  
adamcarolan2290

editing chernarus

hi all

had a look if this had bin asked but no luck so here it is

is it possible to edit chernarus

all i wont to do it change a small part of the map from grass to dirt

Not possible as far as I'm aware.

To edit in Visitor you need the PEW file (and other texture/RVMAT resources), but BIS only ever provide (well, its part of the game) the WRP file (Binarized version of PEW converted to WRP)

The chernarus PEW file is likely only BIS internal.

But, changing a ground area from grass to dirt may actually be possible via a hack of the sat mask (and map) texture/tile for that particular area.

But a) it would not be easy to identify the right area and the correct replacement colours and b) it may not be possible to make it an "addon", it may only work as a local hack of a PBO.

I'd suggest something only an experienced terrain addon maker could attempt.

Ah, Gnat..not exactly^^

There is a way to extract the pew of Cherna...with a tool called wrp to pew, released by mikero's depbo.dll on dev heaven

Drawback here: All objects are converted as natural objects..so you have a mass of green spots and have to look for specific objects among the zillions of trees^^

Second drawback: Well you might manage to change the pew, but then you need the Satmap and Mask again...which can be done with Photoshop and reverse engineering...which is a pain in the ass..but is possible...

So you see...you can get some parts of the island...but a complete overdo...phew...:j: