Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

Anti-tank Launcher vs. Infantry Fix

yes, or like i placed, with this small cosmetic change - no errors at all in the editor and game.

P.S. And thanx for this addon, nice thing, tested (changed version ) in the editor, and on the server.

Thanks for the update, it has fixed all the errors that popped up.

It appears to work well for USMC, although they will not engage a few armoured targets such as the russian Vodnik (2x PK) and Vodnik (BPPU), using their rifles instead which usually ends up with an entire squad being eliminated.

I also have an issue with the Russians and Guerillas, they refuse to engage any target at all with their RPG-7s, even M1A1s. I'm guessing it would be the same for the Insurgents as well. Can you have a look your end and see if you come up with the same? I'm running no other mods.

Well done for investigating and fixing these things, you are doing well considering it is your first mod.

James

jch5pilot - i have this issue without this mod too, clean game, only with sound addons, and same thing - usmc tropers attack vodnik with rifles, and if unit need to reload - then he change weapon to smaw and shot , this is original game issue.

It seems as though the way this mod works is fairly different to how it would in ArmA. I actually made one of these for personal use in ArmA, and it worked exactly how I wanted it to. But it seems that some vehicles in Arma 2, like the Vodnik or perhaps even the M1A1, are defined differently so that the same method doesn't work for them any more.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this (because I don't, lol) then please feel free to give me a shout! It'd be greatly appreciated.

Vodnik PK and M1A2 TUSK are engaged with small arms because the gunners are vulnerable (loader in case of TUSK). It's vanilla game behaviour.

Is this mod still needed or has the AT vs Infantry issue been fixed by a patch or by the ACE team?

thanks

GH

Well, after a long time I finally got a chance to update this. See the first post for more details!

Hey Zipper!

Nice to see you active with your own projects, even being a BI dev. :D

Will this find a way into a new Arma patch?

Thanks for the work!

Well, after a long time I finally got a chance to update this. See the first post for more details!

Hey sorry for this old thread. This issue is killing me. I know Bohemia guys are very busy with all the new stuff but why the hell is this not a fixed bug/issue at this point in time. If not for ARMA2 then it is a must for ARMA3. What a game killer when your AT units have no rounds for the armor coming to your position WTF lol.

Zipper5 very nice work but for some who still play mostly vanilla can this MOD aslo have a script version? If not, is there any script out there that will do something like this. Thanks Avibird

I don't think there could be a script version as if memory serves me right Zipper5 amends the config entry of various types of ammo via redefenitions of cfgAmmo. All BIS really have to do is include this in the configs for the next beta/patch and it would work. Not sure if there are any unwanted side effects though.

Could you do it with script? You could probably write a fancy fsm that maybe would do it, but it would be a lot of work and a lot of testing to make sure something didn't get screwed up. You might be able to do something with extended event handlers, but the you would need CBA - falling foul of the 'no addon' rule.

The best bet really is to ensure that this addon runs on the server and all clients (in MP obviously).

I don't think there could be a script version as if memory serves me right Zipper5 amends the config entry of various types of ammo via redefenitions of cfgAmmo. All BIS really have to do is include this in the configs for the next beta/patch and it would work. Not sure if there are any unwanted side effects though.

I've played all the official missions & campaigns vanilla, then most of them again with various addons. Same with user campaigns & missions from, e.g., Bardosy, Zipper5, IndeedPete, W0lle, etc.

When I play with addons & mods, these always include zp5_at_fix. I have never seen any problem due to Zipper5's addon. AFAIAC, it works perfectly.

I've played all the official missions & campaigns vanilla, then most of them again with various addons. Same with user campaigns & missions from, e.g., Bardosy, Zipper5, IndeedPete, W0lle, etc.

When I play with addons & mods, these always include zp5_at_fix. I have never seen any problem due to Zipper5's addon. AFAIAC, it works perfectly.

Yep - I use it all the time too. AVBIRD was looking for an addon free solution.

Anti-tank Launcher vs. Infantry Fix compatible with ZeusAi?

Anti-tank Launcher vs. Infantry Fix compatible with ZeusAi?

Yes. Check out the A2Warmod &/or COWarmod threads for an example. However Zeus AI is rather long in the tooth now & hasn't been updated for a long time, sadly. Take a look at Robalo's ASR_AI which addresses AI issues fro a different approach.

1.6 patch this bug fix,how to do that on the contrary it was like before AI will use their valuable anti-tank launchers on infantry?

they can be switched on and off via the function in the editor?

Edited by Andy Mcnab

Can you make a fix for removing tab lock targeting system for tanks meaning targeting is done only by tank gunner optics and commander/player commands for friendly as well as enemy tanks and ai also.