zp5_at_fix_bi_forums.jpg

R6d2ggjCr4g

Version: 1.03

zipper5.armaholic.eu

Game Front

Armaholic

(Mirrors appreciated!)

Description:

Many people dislike the fact that AI will use their valuable anti-tank launchers on infantry. This addon makes some simple changes to the CfgAmmo entries of Arma 2's anti-tank launcher ammunition to stop this.

Installation:

1. Extract the @zp5_at_fix folder into your Arma 2 root folder

2. Add the mod to your Arma 2 shortcut's target line

3. Run the game using your shortcut

Changelog:

- 1.03:
- Removed binarization
- New zp5.bikey file included
- Added CfgAmmo entries that were missing from previous versions
- Cleaned up the config

Edited by Zipper5
Armaholic mirror added

this will come in very handy. Thanks zp :)

Oh... Well, I just wanted to stop them from using AT launchers against infantry all together. Perhaps I'll remove that. Thanks for letting me know nonetheless. ;)

Thanks' @Zipper for this fix, downloading now.

Seeing that you broke OG7 rounds, I suppose you probably broke HEDP and (ACE) TBG rounds too which you should probably un-break too ;)

Thx for the release! :thumbsup:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

6678825.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1443][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/6678825.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1443]DOWNLOAD - Anti-tank Launcher vs. Infantry Fix (v.1.0) - [3 KB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

Dont Infantry fire light LAWs at infantry though? See them in Afganistan doing it lol

They do use AT against infantry, yes, but not in the way the AI does it. Also IRL AT rockets have more destructive power and will most likely kill someone standing more than just 1.1m next to the impact point (which is what it is for the AT4 in Arma 2) and it's also much more effective at breaking down house walls and hitting enemies through walls IRL than it is in Arma 2.

Nice fix here, this is even helpfull for us movie makers :)

I remember seeing this error many times lol

Dont Infantry fire light LAWs at infantry though? See them in Afganistan doing it lol

They do in certain circumstances. For example if a soldiers hiding behind a wall the AT maybe used, but it doesn't get used like it does in ArmA 2 in plain open sight whe a rifle does the job much more effectively.

Zipper, is this a less serious addon? :D

Zipper, your config is rather odd..

Instead of for example

units[]={};

you use

units = "{}"

Why?

Never ever seen anybody do that, not sure that even works like they are supposed to since for example units, weapons and requiredAddOns are supposed to be arrays, not strings.. :confused:

Uh... I don't actually have a reason for doing it that way? The first config I tried editing all those years ago did it like that and that's just how I've done it since. Would it really make a difference? Both seem to have the same desired effect. :confused:

Uh... I don't actually have a reason for doing it that way? The first config I tried editing all those years ago did it like that and that's just how I've done it since. Would it really make a difference? Both seem to have the same desired effect. :confused:

Yes. I would think it would make all the difference. Not making it array will probably cause it not to fulfil its desired effect. In the case of this addon it really doesn't matter since it's empty anyway.

Hello,

When using this mod I get the following errors:

On startup, I'm presented with "Size: 'requiredAddOns/' not an array". I can click 'Ok' and the game starts up.

When it comes to the main menu, I'm presented with "Size: 'list/' not an array". I can click 'Continue' and carry on.

When it comes to the editor, I can place place the units and everything, but when I go to preview the mission I get the same error as above, "Size: 'list/' not an array" and then it takes me straight back to the editor map view, so I can't play or preview any missions with it.

Have I done something wrong or is this the result of what you were discussing above with the config array thing?

James

It's working fine on my end, jch5pilot. Are you using any mods?

Hello,

When using this mod I get the following errors:

On startup, I'm presented with "Size: 'requiredAddOns/' not an array". I can click 'Ok' and the game starts up.

When it comes to the main menu, I'm presented with "Size: 'list/' not an array". I can click 'Continue' and carry on.

When it comes to the editor, I can place place the units and everything, but when I go to preview the mission I get the same error as above, "Size: 'list/' not an array" and then it takes me straight back to the editor map view, so I can't play or preview any missions with it.

Have I done something wrong or is this the result of what you were discussing above with the config array thing?

James

Same thing for me and yes I am using many mods.

Well, I am unsure of it's compatibility with other mods. Seems as though it isn't. Probably because some of them have their own configs doing things similar to what this addon does.

i get the same with just cba or no addons at all

Zipper5 - better use :

class cfgPatches {
class zp5_at_fix {
	units[] = { };
	weapons[] = { };
	requiredVersion = 1.0;
	requiredAddOns[] = {
	"CAweapons"
	};
};
};

class cfgAddOns {
class preloadAddOns {
	class zp5_at_fix {
		list[] = {
		"zp5_at_fix"
		};
	};
};
};

Becouse errors in log on the linux server too - with your original code ( without addons ).

Warning Message: Size: 'requiredAddOns/' not an array

Updating base class ->RocketCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/RocketBase/

Updating base class RocketBase->R_PG7V_AT, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/R_PG7VL_AT/

Updating base class RocketBase->R_PG7V_AT, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/R_PG7VR_AT/

Updating base class RocketBase->R_SMAW_HEDP, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/R_SMAW_HEAA/

Updating base class RocketBase->MissileBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/M_Javelin_AT/

With changed code :

Updating base class MissileBase->RocketBase, by zp5_at_fix\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/M_Javelin_AT/

Updating base class R_SMAW_HEDP->RocketBase, by zp5_at_fix\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/R_SMAW_HEAA/

Updating base class R_PG7V_AT->RocketBase, by zp5_at_fix\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/R_PG7VL_AT/

Updating base class R_PG7V_AT->RocketBase, by zp5_at_fix\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/R_PG7VR_AT/

Edited by ALHSLeo

Hello again,

Thanks for your replies.

It's working fine on my end, jch5pilot. Are you using any mods?

Nope I'm not running any mods, just the standard game on 1.05. For the purpose of testing though I have tried it with and without mods, both giving the same result. Quite interesting that some are experiencing it and others are not.

Same thing for me and yes I am using many mods.
i get the same with just cba or no addons at all

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

James

Jup, getting the same errors and that's exactly because the requiredAddons and list arrays are not defined correctly (using 1.05 + CBA)..

Sorry about these errors, guys. Jeeze, this was meant to be a simple addon for my first one. :butbut:

So, to fix these issues, is this what I would want to use instead?

class cfgPatches {

class zp5_at_fix {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.000000;
	requiredAddOns[] = {"CAweapons"};
};
};

class cfgAddOns {

class preloadAddOns {

class zp5_at_fix {
		list[] = {"zp5_at_fix"};