Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Hey mods! got a proposition for yas!

recently, there have been discusions regarding special member levels, and that little phrase below ones avatar.

Heres my proposition. How hard would it be to give the user the ability to choose his own phrase? I'm talking about the little one below the avatar. The member level one could stay the same, but maybe as a little senority reward, you could give users the ability to do that at say, 400 posts or so.

whatcha think?

its able to say "member" under my name, and "Advanced Member" under yours. I would think they'd be able to let us have that ability. If we can customize everything else on our profile we might as well be able to customize this too.

I remember we had that at the last board.. I got VIP status.. which is what it was when ya could change yer lable.. etc etc..

mine was an avatar of a fat women with a tit hanging out and I was a "drunken fat woman"

Im past all that shit now though,, my final frontier: moderatod of the Off Topic section.. ahh.. one can dream yes?

I`d prefer changing a line below my member level, because I earned my advanced member status. That`s stuff, that shouldn`t be changed!

yes, but in the way i'm proposing, you would have the option of changing it. If you want that "Advanced Member" badge, go ahead and keep it.

Personally, i want "card dealer" instead of member. *hint*hint* *nudge*nudge* *wink*wink* *nudge*nudge* *hint*hint* *wink*wink* *wink*wink* *wink*wink* .......

*second_draw takes pills to control epilipcy* biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 19 2002,07:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my final frontier: moderatod of the Off Topic section.. ahh.. one can dream yes?<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, the horror! (running away)

So we're in agreement. With the exception of Wobbles little wishful thinking episode, the ability to change ones title should be a function here.

all depends if ikonboard supports it. if it does they might have to add people to the list manually. members and advanced members are catagories based on posts that changes at 800 i think

I disagree with this, I'm sure the Moderators have enough trouble keeping you all under control and custom member titles would only add to the pile. All well and good now saying a good percentage of people would use this feature wisely but that's just not a reality. Once again i'm sure Moderators have much better thing's to do than go through 300+ Immature cases and delete these titles everyday.

Wobble as moderater = the end of the world as we know it.

If the title option was available, it would be "abused" as often as the avatar or sig is, which is actually very very seldom. I remember maybe 5 cases of moderators ordering a member to change his avatar or sig.

So, why be the holy crusader in the battle against member titles?

Sheesh, loosen up.

i'll have to agree with nordin on that one. The only things people would do with changable titles is have them say things like "OFP Freak" (Major Fubar), maybe "OFP Mom" (The Avon Lady), and "OFP Spook" in my case.

And incidentaly, insulting us by calling us immature cases doesnt make us want to post here any more than we did before.

And "OFP Spammer" for me biggrin.giftounge.gif

But they could put a post limit for changing the member text.

Does anyone actually get all 10 stars ?

All I wanna know is when the hell I'll get my second one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 19 2002,09:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone actually get all 10 stars ?

All I wanna know is when the hell I'll get my second one.<span id='postcolor'>

400 posts

Well there are only 5 stars.

I have experienced 4 stars plus a big star before and it really makes you feel powerful until the moderators decide to take your symbols of power away and leave you at 0.

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ April 19 2002,11wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well there are only 5 stars.

I have experienced 4 stars plus a big star before and it really makes you feel powerful until the moderators decide to take your symbols of power away and leave you at 0.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 19 2002,10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This pointless post brings me yet one step closer to it.<span id='postcolor'>

Way to help our cause, guys

It is a terrible terrible idea and I will have no part of it mad.gif