Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2 (OA) : DLC discussion thread

I consider BAF and PMC a donation to BI. I really enjoyed BAF, but it wasn't the prime reason I dropped the $$$.

Think you mix somethign up, the video playback only means that now real videos before or within missiosn are possible.

Like in mission 1 where you see a video in the lower right of the screen playing on i-phone.

Oh, thanks!

Sorry it doesn't work well. It is not what DLC are made for. If they need support then they just ask for donation.

Here they just proposed basically the same for free and for buyers... except the Hi-res stuff

There was a lot of pre-orders, a delay and now... I don't care about the money. It's the fact that you buy something and AFTER you see the real content of the DLC. Of course you can feel cheated.

Even if they told before, I would have bought it. I would prefer from now to know exactly what I pay for.

That is basical transaction system since bronze age

Btw, Campaign is excellent. I'm thrilled. But I don't see the point in the map. Maybe it is for modmakers to finish the work of BIS....

Probably I'll buy the next one. But I'll wait and see

I feel cheated when I see COD BO and realize it was the same game as MW2 with another name... anyhow

What was your expectation for this DLC? They never say that it going to come with a new big island and tons of new guns, everybody saw it was takistan, zargabad, whatever, and they only show us the spas12 and the mounted minigun, also theres a new antimaterial rifle, I think. The campaign is good enough for me.

BIS also informed us a new model in edit mode called "Armory Manager", but I still don't know how to use it and I digged out biwiki model editing page but find no answer.

I used to ask the same question in the forum and a BI developer answered me that this model is still in testing, I can't understand why it's being under test as PMC has already released? Don't tell me it's only available for DLC buyers!

spas12

It's actually an AA-12. But now that you've mentioned it, a SPAS-12 would be nice too. :D

It's actually an AA-12. But now that you've mentioned it, a SPAS-12 would be nice too. :D

Heh Spas-12 - like in Cod BO - NVA soldier (in Vietnam 1968) got Spas12 with dragon flame rounds :rolleyes:

Normal Spas-12 is cool shotgun :cool:

I feel cheated when I see COD BO and realize it was the same game as MW2 with another name....

Except they're not the same game at all, unlike the campaigns in paid and free versions of PMC.

Edited by MrBump

It's sounding more and more like we're getting Russians back as DLC.

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-pmc-proving-grounds/a2pmc-proving-grounds.html

An independent deployment of Russian Federation troops - separate from, but cooperative with the coalition command structure - took responsibility of training and security and in the north and along Russia's significant border with Takistan.

*sigh*

Well I can't wait for the new Russian units with modern helmets ;) and that fancy MI-28.

It's a good idea that they went with Russia . We needed more OPFOR . Note that I don't consider Russia to be the bad guy , but just the most realistic "match" for the BLUFOR . Or maybe they will be independent, which would be stellar :bounce3:.

Can't wait to see those teasers .

Hmm , they only need Desert Marpat on them and done

On the contrary, they could do a lot to expand the USMC. (MRAPs, CH-53, MARSOC, SRAW, M39 EMR, SAM-R and so on.)

And yes, they're had better be an Mi-28 Havoc if the Russians pop up again :)

It's sounding more and more like we're getting Russians back as DLC.

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-pmc-proving-grounds/a2pmc-proving-grounds.html

*sigh*

Have you played the PMC campaign? The ending makes it pretty clear as to who the new OPFOR will be. As for the link about proving grounds, notice how it says an INDEPENDENT deployment of Russian Federation troops. It also says, separate from but COOPERATIVE to the coalition command structure. I'm feelin re skins with maybe some new models of Russians & vehicles that will return in some way on the independent side.

Have you played the PMC campaign? The ending makes it pretty clear as to who the new OPFOR will be. As for the link about proving grounds, notice how it says an INDEPENDENT deployment of Russian Federation troops. It also says, separate from but COOPERATIVE to the coalition command structure. I'm feelin re skins with maybe some new models of Russians & vehicles that will return in some way on the independent side.

Err no. Cause apparently Steam users aren't entitled to the campaign in PMC Lite. Sorry for sharing info, the link was new.

As others have said above I don't mind paying for extra content especially if it adds something different to the game; as has all of the recent ArmA II DLC releases so far, though I’m not as impressed with the latest Private Military Company DLC. Don't ask me why at this point, it just doesn't seem to be worth the extra cash that I’ve forked out. I’d much rather have seen a more expensive expansion with new areas to explore. Then again it was only released yesterday so I’ve hardly had time to assimilate the new content :)

I'd like to know if the developers intend to continue developing the ArmA II game or are they planning a new ArmA III game? I love this game; have done ever since I purchased ArmA back when it was released in the UK in 2007. I tried to get a Russian copy because they got it late in 2006, but wasn’t able to secure a copy. (I think I’ve already registered with these forums back when I first purchased ArmA elsewhere, but I’ve lost a couple of emails so wasn’t able to retrieve my passwords etc). When ArmA was released it stopped me playing what was then my favourite open world shooter Battlefield 2 and sometimes the original Operation Flashpoint and the Novalogic games such as Op. Typhoon Rising and Escalation. Nothing's come close to this game apart from Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, but I much prefer ArmA II to OP: DR any day. I rarely play my other shooter games such as Call of Duty (even the latest release Black Ops), much preferring to play decent military simulations such as ArmA II and sometimes the original ArmA rather than arcade ‘run and gun’ type games; besides most other shooters don’t accommodate the Track IR apart from OP: Dragon Rising, which makes playing games like ArmA II so much more fun. I’d love to see ArmA II modded to play with the Novint Falcon as well. The force feedback from that great piece of kit would add even more realism to the already realistic military simulation.

The only thing missing from ArmA II IMO that OP:DR has and that I’d love to see in this game is the ability to bandage and perform first aid on both yourself and team mates, plus the unenviable bleeding out if you don’t get your wounds seen to.

I really love jungle environments and would love to see a Vietnam based game; (yeah I know Battlefield Bad Company are about to release a multiplayer Vietnam expansion to their game, but I think ArmA II would do it so much better), plus I’d get to play both Single player and Multiplayer (Coop) modes as opposed to only Multiplayer which the Battlefield Bad Company: Vietnam expansion has. It’s something I’ve hoped I’d seen in the ArmA franchise ever since I first started to play the game back in January 2007. I grew up during the Vietnam War and have always been fascinated by that particular war, (in as much as anyone can be fascinated by war). I've bought virtually every game related to it over the past several years starting with Vietnam: Line of Sight back in 2003 and Vietcong + Expansion around the same time; apart from the one that involved a medevac chopper. It would be brilliant to see a retro ArmA II expansion released, or if you’re not into doing retro you could consider doing a Crysis type game either in a tropical island or a rainforest area of the mainland, with rice paddies and mountainous regions included. That said a World war one expansion would also be a brilliant addition to this amazing game. There are no open world FPS WWI games that I know off. I’d hardly consider games like Necrovision having done the WWI thing as they are more like a horror game as opposed to a military simulation and the only mod to ever cover WWI (to my knowledge) in Battlefield 2 was never even near completed apart from an excellent video introduction plus a few bi planes and a Gatling gun, though a few mappers like Hayabusa (Mercenaries Mod) and another freelance mapper did try to create trench like maps.

Is the game moddable with respect to adding new areas to explore, or is the editor only capable of creating custom missions? And if so has any modders created this type of environment yet?

I apologise if any of the above has already been covered in these forums or if the questions are far removed from this particular thread. I find it hard to hold my attention for too long browsing the forums to find whether these questions have been mooted before due the relatively high dose of opiate meds that I have to take. Maybe it would be possible to create an index and/or contents page that lists every subject in alphabetical order, so that it is much simpler to find threads. :)

I presume purchasing the PMC DLC overwrites the PMC lite version that came with the latest patch? Though I do see that you can still activate it via the window that pops up when starting the game. When I've clicked on it two PMC tags appear at the bottom of the game as it's starting up. Is there anyway to disable this or do i just make sure the lite version is unchecked? does anyone know which of the two is the lite version (i.e. the first or the second entry?)

Edited by Whiterabbit
adding another question

Err no. Cause apparently Steam users aren't entitled to the campaign in PMC Lite. Sorry for sharing info, the link was new.

No worries, I re read my post and I kind of sounded like an ass and that wasn't what I meant to do at all, my bad. What I was trying to say though is that it seems apparent that they're gonna add the Russians in but I feel like they'll be on the independent side just because of how they've said they're cooperative to the nato deployment blah blah. The PMC campaign takes a twist and makes you think one thing, ends up being another, and the new OPFOR becomes really obvious. I'm almost getting the feeling that it's going to come out as another expansion sometime while we receive the DLC's inbetween..

Btw off topic, you wouldn't have been the same animalmother from the special ops paintball forum, would you?

I hope the entire Russian force, even units from Arma 2, are ported to independent now then. It makes sense, Russia was independent in Harvest Red too.

The only thing missing from ArmA II IMO that OPR has and that I’d love to see in this game is the ability to bandage and perform first aid on both yourself and team mates, plus the unenviable bleeding out if you don’t get your wounds seen to.

There are three modules in ArmA, First Aid Simulation, First Aid Action, and Battlefield Clearance that allow all of the first aid to be done. You can drag/carry players, give them first aid, and receive it. Will not fully heal you unless it's a medic but it'll get you back in the fight.

No worries, I re read my post and I kind of sounded like an ass and that wasn't what I meant to do at all, my bad. What I was trying to say though is that it seems apparent that they're gonna add the Russians in but I feel like they'll be on the independent side just because of how they've said they're cooperative to the nato deployment blah blah. The PMC campaign takes a twist and makes you think one thing, ends up being another, and the new OPFOR becomes really obvious. I'm almost getting the feeling that it's going to come out as another expansion sometime while we receive the DLC's inbetween..

It's all good, I kinda misinterpreted your post as well.

Interesting ideas for sure, another OA-like expansion next summer would be pretty neat actually. :cool:

Btw off topic, you wouldn't have been the same animalmother from the special ops paintball forum, would you?

Nope, not me. Must be one of many admirers :p

I got to say when I saw that new island proving grounds I was totally disappointed what is it exactly its totally barren? I dont follow the logic there?

the campaign is nice looking and then you get grass with just about nothing else for the editor?

OK! We have had kind a 3 or 4 low scale / special force campaign now (Harvest the red, PMC, Arrowhead kind a and BAF - last 2 had some larger scale action but not that...)

Well I think next DLC should be large scale battle or sth. OFP/ Arma one of the unique thing is it's very awesome large scale battles which i haven't experienced much in official campaigns. It's nothing wrong having special force campaign but I definitely would like some very large scale battle campaign :-P

Also... some apache gunner missions would be cool, but i guess this needs completely change AI piloting skills, even scrip them and also AC-130 DLC + campaign would be epic :) (Still waiting this after DLC implementation was announced)

Also having new east side enemy or more Russian stuff + campaign would be cool. Looking forward what would come next BUT I would like next campaign / missions be more large scale :)

Edited by Mafia101

I think the next one should have a useable map I was thinking we were going to get a new island all we got was a lawn and a gas station. I love this game but that just not looking like a map wheres the map that the campaign takes place on I only played a minute or two of it so far but it sure dont look like proving grounds map.