Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2 (OA) : DLC discussion thread

To rebound on the ACU I would say it works as in real life, moving units are hard to locate and aim at it, ACU purpose was not camouflage who would fit perfectly landscape for static fight but to render difficult spotting and aiming of moving soldiers. Note how well this effect is rendered in a videogame!

if the DLC costs any amount then just pay it if you really want it. i mean, if someone packs that into a mod, then the site should remove it. how else will they make any money to produce more amazing Arma games?

I think this games needs more weapons. And not just weapons but a new way of handling weapons. You should be able to choose a base weapon such as an m4 and then choose from a list of mods to make your custom weapon. mods could include: bipod,flashlight,acog,aimpoint,m203,peq laser, front grip, ect. Though there currently is a good list of mods not every combination is available. Better weapon animations more specific to the style of weapon would be a nice touch. More dynamic vehicle destruction. no more turning black when damaged but have the different sections of the vehicle get damaged and show damage. For instance a tank is tracked, have that track damaged looking, or if an engine is hit it will look like it. The ability to utilize cargo compartments in a more realistic fashion. It would be great to open a c130 ramp and walk into the cargo then be able to buckle in or unbuckle without being ejected from airplane. Or be able to drive a vehicle into the cargo or an airplane then take off. Add more explosive type weapons such as small charges that stick to walls and only blow down a wall or blow open a door. Fences/walls should blow apart and not fall down when hit with vehicle or explosive. fix the animation transition for units so you can change weapons for example from a rifle to pistol and back without stopping or lower/raising of weapon. throwing a grenade while moving also halts the unit and the unit ends up doing a double throw animation.

So in conclusion I personally would pay to have engine improvements and content as mentioned. More weapon types and all types of mods for those weapons, better animations, improve airplane cargo ability, and explosive damage to buildings and fences of a more realistic nature. Those are currently some of the weakest points of the game and a lot are unchanged from ofp.

OA US Army vehicles in Woodland as well as USMC in Desert should be FREE for Combined Operations users.

The way BIS sold "Combined Operations" is that they "Combine", meaning we'd assume we wouldn't have to use desert skinned vehicles in our beloved Chernarus.

BAF Extended DLC would be epic. Full BAF. More lines of infantry, paratroopers. Alot more infantry variation...and most importantly, some authentic looking SAS Soldiers! We need some!

Thanks for the fantastic feedback! Everyone here should follow your example! This here, guys, is the man you should all look up to!

Don't know why everyone is hating on PMC, I like it....

+1 for BAF extended. Frost keeps talking about "a lot of good lads lost there lives during Crimson Lance" in the PMC campaign. Maybe make the campaign revolve around all his men dying and what made him leave.

They can release that and tide us over until a new OPFOR is released :D

Worst DLC ever? No not really... I'm sure that the campaign is splendid but I'm just not that into it (tried about 15 minutes of the first mission and quickly grew bored).

In the future I would glad pay a little more for some more content, especially if it was for the OPFOR side and represented true combined arms (aka MBT's along with IFV's, attack helos, special ops and first-line infantry).

That's just me though, I realize a large portion of this community enjoys small-unit, special-ops style missions.

cant install in steam,says games unavailable.

Thanks for the fantastic feedback! Everyone here should follow your example! This here, guys, is the man you should all look up to!

Follow my example, as in speaking the truth?

sounds like a good idea.

I endorse this.

I sad-faced when I saw it. Then I face palmed. I know, instead of spewing out mediocre DLC, perhaps fix the things that either never got finished or need heart surgery. ULB in multiplayer working yet? The Mk-19 Crows Hummer have any range adjustment system yet? Does the PMC UAV work in Multiplayer?

Wicked game and everything, it's the only game I never really drop, but there are so many things you can do that require your energy that this sort of thing just muddies the waters. If you want to make a quid from DLC then it has to be high quality or else you're just going to get flamed and encourage no confidence to subsequent DLCs.

I like the fact that you are going for DLC, more money for you is a good thing, but come on, don't fall on your own sword.

I sad-faced when I saw it. Then I face palmed. I know, instead of spewing out mediocre DLC, perhaps fix the things that either never got finished or need heart surgery. ULB in multiplayer working yet? The Mk-19 Crows Hummer have any range adjustment system yet? Does the PMC UAV work in Multiplayer?

Wicked game and everything, it's the only game I never really drop, but there are so many things you can do that require your energy that this sort of thing just muddies the waters. If you want to make a quid from DLC then it has to be high quality or else you're just going to get flamed and encourage no confidence to subsequent DLCs.

I like the fact that you are going for DLC, more money for you is a good thing, but come on, don't fall on your own sword.

exactly, I really enjoyed the BAF DLC, seemed to be the perfect amount of content for the price, this one, I feel like they didn't even try really and I thought the delay meant that they were really working hard to release another winner...not the case :( no sp missions, a smaller map, less vehicles, less weapons but charged the same price as the BAF DLC.....

what about buying the DLC only 10 miserable bucks, so BIS get some money, so they can work happy with the fixes? or you want everything for free?

Hey BIS fix this, Hey BIS fix that, this is the only thing you can say...?

what about buying the DLC only 10 miserable bucks, so BIS get some money, so they can work happy with the fixes? or you want everything for free?

Hey BIS fix this, Hey BIS fix that, this is the only thing you can say...?

So basically you're paying for patches is what you want to say.

Not many I can see are complaining about spending the money, they are complaining about how little we got compared to those who spent nothing. Really if you want to keep the majority of your customers onside and happy to spend dollars, you must give them value for money, and if you care about getting more DLC you'd be sending BIS the message that this isn't good enough, or else in the future the only ppl buying will be a few hardcore supporters.

So basically you're paying for patches is what you want to say.

No, Im paying becasue I want to support BIS

BAF was amazing, so I didn't hesitate to buy this, I'm sad that I was an early adopter cos if I'd held back and read these reports I definitely wouldn't have bought it. Its got no content, I don't care for campaigns, I don't want to host coops as we have a dedicated server for that.

So looking at it what did We actually get?

- A few weapons we already had, Xm8 is already in A2 and the optics on the one You start the campaign with are terrible

- a chopper and a crappy Uav, ok, the chopper is lovely, Uav is nothing special

- an Suv with a gun, doesn't really excite Me

- a campaign thats released free in the patch

- a tiny map thats too small for any real combat. Icebreaker makes maps 50 times bigger for free, maybe we should just donate to the community content makers, they make much better stuff.

Its definitely not worth paying for

BAF was amazing, so I didn't hesitate to buy this, I'm sad that I was an early adopter cos if I'd held back and read these reports I definitely wouldn't have bought it. Its got no content, I don't care for campaigns, I don't want to host coops as we have a dedicated server for that.

So looking at it what did We actually get?

- A few weapons we already had, Xm8 is already in A2 and the optics on the one You start the campaign with are terrible

- a chopper and a crappy Uav, ok, the chopper is lovely, Uav is nothing special

- an Suv with a gun, doesn't really excite Me

- a campaign thats released free in the patch

- a tiny map thats too small for any real combat. Icebreaker makes maps 50 times bigger for free, maybe we should just donate to the community content makers, they make much better stuff.

Its definitely not worth paying for

When you put it like that I'm wondering if I should be more pissed off about the free campaign than I already am... In any case I hope BIS take note of posts like this and don't go down the "we sold many units, a large percentage on pre-order so it must be a success" route.

No, Im paying becasue I want to support BIS

Sorry it doesn't work well. It is not what DLC are made for. If they need support then they just ask for donation.

Here they just proposed basically the same for free and for buyers... except the Hi-res stuff

There was a lot of pre-orders, a delay and now... I don't care about the money. It's the fact that you buy something and AFTER you see the real content of the DLC. Of course you can feel cheated.

Even if they told before, I would have bought it. I would prefer from now to know exactly what I pay for.

That is basical transaction system since bronze age

Btw, Campaign is excellent. I'm thrilled. But I don't see the point in the map. Maybe it is for modmakers to finish the work of BIS....

Probably I'll buy the next one. But I'll wait and see

Artificial Intellegence is greatly improved in this patch, AI are more humanlike than before, better performance in both urban area and suburban area.

However, it seems that 2GB RAM is still not able to run the game smoothly though I adjust everything very low and my benchmark still can't exceed 32.

Sometimes I was jumped out from the game because of "err device......?"

Whatever, the new map and the new introduction animation in campaign looks cool, that's a perfect combination both commercially and stimulately, a kinda of COD taste without loosing A2's characteristics.

What's more, BI did very well on protecting their DLC from abusive download since BAF:)

I'm just considering add another 2GB RAM to have a test whether I can run the game smoothly.

BTW, I wanna to know is it available for players who haven't brought PMC useing so called "video playback function" to make an intro like what official made? I still have no idea where we can find "video playback button" if it is available in edit mode, or does it mean only the buyers can use it?

Edited by ffur2007slx2_5

BTW, I wanna to know is it available for players who haven't brought PMC useing so called "video playback function" to make an intro like what official made? I still have no idea where we can find "video playback button" if it is available in edit mode, or does it mean only the buyers can use it?

Think you mix somethign up, the video playback only means that now real videos before or within missiosn are possible.

Like in mission 1 where you see a video in the lower right of the screen playing on i-phone.