Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2 (OA) : DLC discussion thread

It will in the end kill most of the community because people can't understand this anymore and it will die in an instance.:(

And so it is, my friends, that we have returned back to square 1.

For the fifth time...

:rolleyes:

And so it is, my friends, that we have returned back to square 1.

For the fifth time...

:rolleyes:

I understand that we should not worry to much about BIS trying to fix this, but as your screen shot states, multi-player is already pretty divided. I just hope we as a community, addon and mod developers and BIS get a easy way of keeping things easy in a large perspective.:p

I love the DLC idea with new contents, it's just as the whole thing is ready, they should make like another disc with all DLC's. I think this will also have a lot of people at ease about multi-player compatibility.:rolleyes:

RavoC its maybe not worth the money to release only content from one DLC worldwide as a hardcopy on DVD? :rolleyes:

There are no new infos about next DLCs and no infos about a "Complete Edition" or something similar from BIS yet.

But if later on it will be sold on DVD it might have a better view on what you need of to be up to date with this game and it's patches.

That makes absolutely no sense. Something being available on DVD (and thereby requiring the immense cost and overhead of distribution and publishing deal) is in no way "easier to understand" than a list of DLC, available at the click of a button.

I just recently wanted to get some expansions for the Lock On series. It was physically impossible to find a physical DVD in my city. No one had it in stock even though it was published by a major PC distributor. On the other hand I was able to click a few buttons and download everything I needed from the Ubisoft and Eagle Dynamics web stores. No waiting for a disc to be mailed to me, just click and play.

BIS doesn't need to deal with paying companies to put physical products into stores that don't sell PC games anymore. Some might not be able to figure out how to download games, but I assure you the community at large has figured it out and embraced it and that's the way forward.

I just want to preorder BAF, but i need click and buy as pay option.

looks like on sprocket you can only pay with pay pal or creditcard, so steam is the only opportunity for me? If so, are there any problems if i own OA and ArmaII as normal retail discs?

I just want to preorder BAF, but i need click and buy as pay option.

looks like on sprocket you can only pay with pay pal or creditcard, so steam is the only opportunity for me? If so, are there any problems if i own OA and ArmaII as normal retail discs?

I believe it was said somewhere that the Steam DLC will probably only work with Steam versions of the game.

I guess if you really need Click&Buy, you could try pestering the Sprocket support peeps. ;)

Edited by MadDogX

hm thats stupid...

i just wrote a mail to sprocket if theres any other option, but i dont think they will add click and buy support only for me:rolleyes:

some more payment options wouldnt be bad since you only got sprocket to order from if you dont own the steam version...

hm thats stupid...

i just wrote a mail to sprocket if theres any other option, but i dont think they will add click and buy support only for me:rolleyes:

some more payment options wouldnt be bad since you only got sprocket to order from if you dont own the steam version...

What is stopping you from setting up a PayPal account?

I got one, but no money on it...

Its annoying to transfer money to the acc everytime and i want that game tomorrow. Or is there any option to transfer money fast to the acc?

i also remember that you could overdraw the acc if you dont have money on it, but it seems like this isnt working anymore?

I love the DLC idea with new contents, it's just as the whole thing is ready, they should make like another disc with all DLC's. I think this will also have a lot of people at ease about multi-player compatibility.:rolleyes:

It would be a waste of money to put something so small on a DVD... after all it is called DownLoadable Content (DLC) for a reason.

I got one, but no money on it...

Its annoying to transfer money to the acc everytime and i want that game tomorrow. Or is there any option to transfer money fast to the acc?

i also remember that you could overdraw the acc if you dont have money on it, but it seems like this isnt working anymore?

If you have a bank account registered with your PayPal account, it should be possible to buy stuff without transferring money to PayPal first. Just go to an online store, select PayPal as payment method and they will dock the money off your account after the purchase has taken place.

That's how I do most of my PayPal transactions and so far it has never failed. :)

I only have bank transfer and "add a credit car" as options.

when i click bank transfer im ordered to notice paypals bank connection and transfer the money manually which takes 2-3 days..

so if you do that and the money is not transfered allready i still can DL BAF tommorow?

as far as i know not, cause the payment progress shouldnt be completed for sprocket?

I only have bank transfer and "add a credit car" as options.

when i click bank transfer im ordered to notice paypals bank connection and transfer the money manually which takes 2-3 days..

so if you do that and the money is not transfered allready i still can DL BAF tommorow??

The option for direct payment isn't in PayPal itself. You only get that when you actually buy something on a website and select PayPal for payment. Then it basically says that if your PayPal balance doesn't cover the price of the article(s) you bought, PayPal will directly charge your bank account for it.

But this only works if you have previously registered and confirmed your bank account with PayPal. (They send you two small money transfers and you have to confirm the amounts, to prove that it is your account.) If you have done that, then you should be able to buy stuff with PayPal straight off online shops without transferring any money to PayPal beforehand.

Mh thats strange..Sure i transfered the money to register my acc. if i try to pay via Pay Pal on sprocket i get directed to paypal and get only the 2 options..eh nvm il call the support, thx & sry for OT.

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

The low resolution patch was the best idea ever, BIS is god! :D At least multiplayer works and people with no online pay ability can take some time considering!

Completely agree, although people still need to remember they are "unit & config placeholders in order for you to be on the server using it without getting kicked" as apposed to "we expect you to play first person with these units until you pay" ... like some seem to think :) you could also argue they are a low res demo I suppose.

Going back to the older conversation above ...

I would be interested to know why downloading data from, say, Sprocket poses more of a troublesome effort than downloading, for example, a PR mod. .
True, and yet we quite happily will download up to and over 1 gig of data just to play a game demo (any game that is) :) Edited by mrcash2009

Means that people without BAF DLC will see fugly placeholders until they buy it. Clever idea of "forcing/"inviting people to buy DLC, isnt it? ;)

Lets see how many addons/mods from community will be released in future or simply disappear from the scene. Guess there will be some trouble if these addons/mods will require DLC content...

Means that people without BAF DLC will see fugly placeholders until they buy it. Clever idea of "forcing/"inviting people to buy DLC, isnt it?
It also means I will see fuggly units with a DLC that comes later that I wont buy outright, its just us brits at the moment are ok :) Thing is I said before at least you get the option to see how much it gets used when you enter servers to then have the time to think if its now worth it to you to have in the places you visit.

But has been said millions of times, same story for any mod, and the reply normally is .. "but I dont have to pay for that" ... and then a few pages of posts unfold :)

BTW it was mentioned in the main thread maybe a replacement config routing to user units may fix this (not my words mind you). I wonder if any RKSL members are onto this already .... hmmmmmm. Although im not sure how it works and if that's feasible, BIS friendly ... or even "wrong" to do so, maybe, maybe not.

Edited by mrcash2009

Well than I would say its better to have no fugly placeholders at all. Watching and playing with those seems to be masochistic anyway. :p

I guess so, but from BIS angle its best I suppose, better than "No brit addon!? ... *kick* ".

I suppose they could have routed the configs to existing units in OA .. but I suspect the placeholder idea and the "try before you buy" slight aspect does creep in a bit aside from the main server issue.

If users unify a config replacement unit so everyone knows what to have for it to show up and servers and admins can set their own up then everyones happy, the main thing is you have all areas covered.

Users looking at placeholders on a server in MP reminds me of a contestant from Bulls-eye ...

Fringe_Festival_Jim_Bowen.jpg

"Look what ya wood' av won!"

You cant beat a bit o' bully.

I can see a PvP mission being created with DLC right now: "Peasants vs UK DLC owners - We Know Your Going To Check Your Texture Settings At Least Once - V1.0".

Edited by mrcash2009

I would be interested to know why downloading data from, say, Sprocket poses more of a troublesome effort than downloading, for example, a PR mod. .

RiE

...because some kind of payment is involved.

No, not the tea cups! ... damn poor models BIS! :)

...because some kind of payment is involved.
Indeed that is a fact, and that's the way it is. Although he was talking about general Download of any content/hassles. Issues with payment/to pay or not to pay is your end. Edited by mrcash2009

Well, I've got to say that the campaign is quite fun so far, and funny as well. So far I've had lots of stuff to keep me occupied.

The quality of the vehicles, units and sounds are also top-notch. I'm glad I bought it! Probably the one piece of DLC which is worth every penny that I've bought in a while. :D