Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2 (OA) : DLC discussion thread

The DLC is nice, I'm missing some handguns though, and the island could have been bigger, but still!

For another DLC, a new full-scale map in the style of the area around Zargabad would be nice.

Cant us steam users just download the BAF from Sprocket and gamersgate, and it will still work with steam? we just need to point it to the steam folder.

I wouldn't recommended it unless you want to risk having to reinstall the game all over again. :butbut:

ok so i dunno if this is the right thread to report my problem with installing BAF but... ok so i purchased it from gamersgate.co.uk and i downloaded it from the website then i clicked the .exe icon that then extracted too 100% at that point it comes up with the .. BAF logo.. installer i think and then immediately an 'encountered problem must close, send or dont send' that problem wtf is going on!?!?! help plz =[

ok so i dunno if this is the right thread to report my problem with installing BAF but... ok so i purchased it from gamersgate.co.uk and i downloaded it from the website then i clicked the .exe icon that then extracted too 100% at that point it comes up with the .. BAF logo.. installer i think and then immediately an 'encountered problem must close, send or dont send' that problem wtf is going on!?!?! help plz =[

Redownload it. Sounds like the file is corrupt.

Be sure you got no virii and a good defrag wont hurt.

cheers.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Still no DLC from Steam. Ill buy it elsewhere.

Sprocket seems like the best choice.... http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/

Comfirmed: Sprocket worked a treat.

Edited by pchaxor

BAF logo.. installer i think and then immediately an 'encountered problem must close, send or dont send' that problem wtf is going on!?!?! help plz =[

I had that at first... Closed everything. Relaunched the installer (not the download) and it worked for me the second time... Don't know what the issue was.

So gamers gate is another way to get the BAF content for us DVD users?.

If so what is best way then for DVD versions of ARMA2 and OA

Gamers gate it says in faq all games can be downloaded/installed as many times as you like BUT some games have a limit that can be reset via email I cant see if BAF has a limit where can I find that or is this one unlimited?.

or

Sprocket

Thanks

Edited by stk2008

So gamers gate is another way to get the BAF content for us DVD users?.

If so what is best way then for DVD versions of ARMA2 and OA

Gamers gate it says in faq all games can be downloaded/installed as many times as you like BUT some games have a limit that can be reset via email I cant see if BAF has a limit where can I find that or is this one unlimited?.

or

Sprocket

Thanks

Sprocket or Gamersgate will be fine for your purposes.

Hi thanks for the reply.

I have never used both so wondered which one would be the best who do ou lot prefer to get it from?.

Thanks

Sprocket is owned by BIS, so if you want more money in the pockets of the developper, it's the way to go.

Oh is it hahahaha Sprocket for sure then cheers.

OK just purchased it downloading now :)

Edited by stk2008

Yeah from now on thats where I am going too.

I think it best if BIS just sold exclusively DL content via Sprocket.

Seems to be the best option too.

I like it, thank God I didn't have to deal with steam of course. It was also easy to get onto the server.

Pretty poor show from Steam, all things considered. They've charged me for the DLC but the 'lite' version of BAF is showing up in the Armoury still, nor are there any extra missions. In fact I don't think there was any data downloaded after I made the purchase.

Since I updated my server with the DLC, it won't load my default Domination (2.29) map.

Did something change in the init files or something to make Domination load properly with BAF DLC?

I am having the same problem through steam. I purchased the DLC and its not showing up in steam and downloaded nothing. I have confirmation emails from steam that its paid for but nothin :(

Checked the steam Arma II Operation Arrowhead folder to see if its there anywhere and simply not loading (maybe I needed to add it to the game startup) but its not there either :(

***EDIT***

I shut down steam completely and waited 10 minutes and started it back up. Low and behold it appeared in my Library list for me to install :D Yay!

See ya.. off to play!

Edited by lazerath

Yeah from now on thats where I am going too.

I think it best if BIS just sold exclusively DL content via Sprocket.

Seems to be the best option too.

kissass.gif

I havent tested the single player mission yet. It might be good, but so far I was expecting a much higher technical polish for something that basically costs 1/3 of Operation Arrowhead. I am not talking about amount of content in the DLC, which is decent comparably, but the polish on sounds (12,7mm, 30mm, 5,56mm. Btw, what is that Ohyeah like sound at the end of a single rifle shot.), some animations (warrior 30mm coax flame, losing a squad member disrupts your aim), lack of driver interior on the only armor unit etc...

Its clear to me this DLC was rushed.

It should have been delayed and not have taken the normal route of you pay for beta quality. For example, when mods like Project Reality, which I bet most of the community and the buyers of the DLC knows about, posts a 20min video where they only show of there sound recording you cant really expect people to not notice that the paid DLC didnt even bother to set the correct pre existing sounds for the 12,7mm before release...

I like the low res solution to DLC MP approach and getting more vanilla variety to the game, but if DLC wont get the polish it needs to be validated by the average player with a spoiled high quality mod heavy community like Arma. I think it will affect sales further down the line tbh.

My2cent.

I like the low res solution to DLC MP approach and getting more vanilla variety to the game, but if DLC wont get the polish it needs to be validated by the average player with a spoiled high quality mod heavy community like Arma. I think it will affect sales further down the line tbh.

My2cent.

What's Project Reality? Nobody from my 30+ steam friend list who has/plays Arma 2 uses that.

Breaking news: average player does not use any community mods. Also, while I really appreciate some efforts, average quality of these mods isn't that high.

Also, British Troops DLC is now in top 10 sellers on Steam.

Please bring more BIS.

What's Project Reality? Nobody from my 30+ steam friend list who has/plays Arma 2 uses that.

Cause its not out yet.

Their thread is Here :)

I just checked out Meridian 4 - that's THE option for people like me having no credit card or paypal account :)

That was one more DLC sale for BIS :yay:

JojoTheSlayer:

pchaXor->kissass.gif<-JojoTheSlayer

You got that right, but forgot the labels. ;)

Just bought the DLC. Pleasantly surprised, the new missions are awesome.