Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2 (OA) : DLC discussion thread

Disappointed they didn't make a Driver/gunner or commander 3d Interior for the IFV. C'mon, we want highly detailed models if we going to pay for it. It's a small amount of units, no reason why they should not be created with as high quality as possible..Like the Bradley. The cardboard cut-out interior views look lame.

The rest of the content is pretty cool. Campaign seems ok, except for the useless usual problems with getting the AI do do what you want and also stumbling about with the crappy command interface. I have tried and tried to get used to it but it always bites me and the AI do some thing face palm worthy. Like light up a mission critical unit just cause I "target" it while "Zooming" in to see what it was.... Or all dismount the vehicles I painstakingly just put them in because I pressed 8 - 1 to make them form column, but the "other" command menu opens and for some reason told them to "Take Cover", to which they all bail....lmao p...u..ll..i..n..g hair out.

First of all a big thumbs up from me for this DLC, just installed it an' took a quick flight in the Wildcat excellent flight physics , flew like a dream.

Tried out the small arms on the range too, models look good and work equally well , good work guys!.

was a little dissapointed not to find any pistols tho, if a Browning L9A Hi-Power or the SIG P226 could be added in a future update that would be great.

Also perhaps some or all of these hint,hint : Challenger Tank , R.A.F GR7/GR9 Harrier or Royal Navy Sea Harrier and how about an SAS/SBS 'PINKY' Land Rover bristling with GPMG's while your at it .

hope that's not too tall an order hehe, would make a nice christmas prezzie for us all eh, well here's hoping anyways and as a Brit myself a big thnx from me for BAF and all the series so far come to that Cheers!

DLC is fantastic so far - really pleased with it. Mission 2 of the campaign however - is proving incredibly frustrating. Not because of the mission itself, but because of the terrible driving AI. I am trying play the mission "properly" (so to speak) by using the commander seat in the vehicle and giving move orders via the map. Sometimes though, the AI just has a complete brainfart and goes exactly where he shouldn't and gets us all killed. Or, he just stops randomly. While being targeted with mortars. Bleh.

Don't give us so many driving based missions when the driving AI simply isn't up to scratch :(

Yes, don't let the driver of the other Jackal simply follow you. Send him directly to the waypoint and make your own driver do the same. It will work a lot better if they're not relying on each other to move.

Yep..really enjoying BAF. Only the 2nd DLC I've ever purchased, (the first was a bit of a rip off for Dragon Age), and will definitely have a bit o' spare change ready for the next one BIS puts out. BIS? You hear? MOAR!!

I am unable to purchase this via steam ... Aug 26th ...

When is this going to be available on Steam?

Doesnt say anything about when it will be unlocked or any BUY button.

From Steam (USA)

Downloadable Content for

ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead

There is no downloadable content available for this game.

Edited by pchaxor

I hate steam.

If it isnt unlocked in the next few hours .. I no buy from steam.

BIS may want to get on the horn and get this available.

Tired of this hourse pucky and screwing around with Steam.

Edited by pchaxor

a dont get pissed off guys it happends. i dont mind waiting a wile . steam is a good tool i think.. handy really dont have to go to you loc store to buy game and dont have to look for patchs lol. anyway we have it by the weekend and then its game on lol..

I like it, purchased it on sprocket right when I got home from work, downloaded, installed, and enjoying it. The campaign is quite interesting. I also can't wait to make missions with the British Forces.

I don't know if the patches later on will disable the blurry units again. I'm tempted to buy them online anyway and just back it up on some discs. I suppose that is possible.

But if it's a short time demo then why would they basically include it? I think they managed to get a good balance between still playing on all servers and including a nice DLC.

you guys know if i need to buy it twice to get it on my server?

Edited by pchaxor

Realy a great addon.

Pleasantly surprised by the SP content this package has. Great infantry scenarios and the campaign is solid to (although i'm not very far yet). Units and vehicles looks top notch. A bonus island which is very usefull for medium sized pvp battles. Very impressed so far.

Yeah welll Steam users dont even have access to the patch yet.

I am about to contact them for a refund on my OA and go buy CO retail.

So freaking tired of Steam (did I mention that?)

Edited by pchaxor

you guys know if i need ot buy it twice to get it on my server?

You do not. BAF Lite Addons that can be used server-side without any problems are part of the free update 1.54...

Problem is I can't seem to get the patch Maruk. I am unfortunately a Steam user.

I regret buying it from Steam and will end up buying the Retail tomorrow.

I will support BIS 100%, but steam is an utter disappointment.

Love ya man!

Thanks for the fast reply btw.

Yeah welll Steam users dont even have access to the patch yet.

I am about to contact them for a refund on my OA and go buy CO.

So freaking tired of Steam (did I mention that?)

Didn't you spot the section in the Steam user agreement and terms of service: "F*** you we have your cash"? & "We reserve the right to taunt you a second time you silly ker-nig-it".

Chances are they haven't got the patch out to thier content providers yet.

Yeah enough of this. I will just go buy CO retail and count my losses. I hope BIS at least got some of the money from my Steam purchases.

I do hope that future releases dont go out via Steam ... just seems to COST BIS money with support issues and all the delays and forums posts. I can't and don't want to imagine how much time this has all costed Dwarden ... poor guy. WE LOVE YOU TOO DWARDEN! - Thanks a ton for all that you have done for us Steam users.

I have the game on steam too, I keep on refreshing and restarting hoping to see it come available, but it hasn't so far.

Current Prediction: The DLC will not be available on steam in till tomorrow.

Well the patch was just released.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

I want updated ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 content for Operation Arrowhead. :)

These 2 DCLs are two things which all of us want to have. :yay:

I want updated ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 content for Operation Arrowhead. :)

These 2 DCLs are two things which all of us want to have. :yay:

totally agree on the Arma2 stuff ... I think it would'nt be so hard to update to OA standards for them ;) as I said also there http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106267

cheers

massi

I bought the BAF, only cost $10.52 and since I can use it with people that have the low quality versions, it bypasses issues that would have been caused otherwise.

I want to see Opfor related content for next DLC plox :)

I want to see Opfor related content for next DLC plox :)

Agreed... so let see... we have the Russians, and the Middle Eastern... should we have the North Korean as Opfor and South Korean as Blufor next? would be great.

And for once, maybe make a campaign from the Opfor point of view...