Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2 (OA) : DLC discussion thread

It doesn't change the fact that opfor needs some more love :)

Couldn't agree more!:D

What would you add for OPFOR? Adding another country would pretty much require a new island to go along with it.

What would you add for OPFOR? Adding another country would pretty much require a new island to go along with it.

Who says you have to add another country. There's a lot of russian equipment that is not in the game.

Personally, after Arrowhead I am not going to pay for DLC unless I see some serious patchwork. Optimization mainly.

BIS I love ArmA2, but the engine... well lets just say if it was a car engine you would be measuring in gallons per mile rather than miles per gallon.

Man, some people aren't happy with anything. The ability to create new, specific purpose threads, the new RAM management, the fact it's now Large Address Aware, and that's only a few of the new optimizations. But hey, I guess that's not anywhere near good enough for you, ReconTeam? :rolleyes:

Have you even played OA yet?

Personally, after Arrowhead I am not going to pay for DLC unless I see some serious patchwork. Optimization mainly.

BIS I love ArmA2, but the engine... well lets just say if it was a car engine you would be measuring in gallons per mile rather than miles per gallon.

And they have too.

This is not like a simple 2 liter 4 cylinder car engine we're talking about. This is a Ferrari 6 liter V12 with 3 times the power.

You simply can't compare it too other "games", maybe with Crysis... But even that would be comparing apples to oranges.

Man, some people aren't happy with anything. The ability to create new, specific purpose threads, the new RAM management, the fact it's now Large Address Aware, and that's only a few of the new optimizations. But hey, I guess that's not anywhere near good enough for you, ReconTeam? :rolleyes:

Have you even played OA yet?

Maybe OA (which I plan on buying) will change my mind about future DLC, but just as things are right now, I will wait until I see more patch improvements. I simply don't get why I can render a large town fine, yet some simple vegetation will rape my system.

Maybe OA (which I plan on buying) will change my mind about future DLC, but just as things are right now, I will wait until I see more patch improvements. I simply don't get why I can render a large town fine, yet some simple vegetation will rape my system.

You don't understand because you are not a programmer or a modeller or a texture artist and you don't have their source code.

They have fixed a lot of things and you aren't realizing how much they do for the community.

Most companies ditch their games after 1 patch.

No but I do understand the game makes me want to destroy vegetation in the real world.

Indeed BIS does put plenty of post-release work into the game, especially compared to OFP2. Yet I don't want to see that abandoned in favor of penny-pinching "micro-transactions." So I guess any DLC purchase will depend on the quality and content as well.

No but I do understand the game makes me want to destroy vegetation in the real world.

Indeed BIS does put plenty of post-release work into the game, especially compared to OFP2. Yet I don't want to see that abandoned in favor of penny-pinching "micro-transactions." So I guess any DLC purchase will depend on the quality and content as well.

Exactly. If BI keeps on putting out something like OA every year, I'm all over that. Just let me buy the physical disc. But if BI starts charging :eek:micro-transactions:eek: for a dozen new weapons, count me out.

I would gladly pay £15 for DLC with a new faction fully supported with its own vehicles, weapons and stuff like that. That is good value knowing the quality of content from BIS.

Nuff said.

Exactly. If BI keeps on putting out something like OA every year, I'm all over that. Just let me buy the physical disc. But if BI starts charging :eek:micro-transactions:eek: for a dozen new weapons, count me out.

Or have it where we DO have the micro-transactions for weapons, vehicles, etc but eventually compile it onto one disc to be sold in stores as well. Kind of like what Oblivion did with Knights of the Nine.

I would gladly pay £15 for DLC with a new faction fully supported with its own vehicles, weapons and stuff like that. That is good value knowing the quality of content from BIS.

Nuff said.

£15 for that is pretty expensive if you look at it. We pay $35 for arrowhead which basically has 2 new factions, 3 new islands and a whole campaign.

I'd pay $10 for a new faction though.

I never buy DLC and I certainly wont for a game that already has a ton of mods. Maybe in the next game BIS will take the Creative Assembly approach: give no modding capability and start pumping out crappy $DLC

£15 for that is pretty expensive if you look at it. We pay $35 for arrowhead which basically has 2 new factions, 3 new islands and a whole campaign.

I'd pay $10 for a new faction though.

I'd say $10 is a fair price for a new faction. I'd pay $15 (maybe $20) if it came with a campaign and island.

Hi Bohemia! What I want to see is the ability to use a proper set of X52 Joystick set-up for

those that take flying seriously to be able to make those prescision landings in tight spaces

that I can see in movies.Thereforel,I want a Force Feedback Joystick or X52 sa a Bohemia

add-on DLC,to make it like "factory made".It will definetly make shooting in vessels much more rewarding!

DLC is certainly a sticky issue with Arma 2 considering the modding community but I'd be more than happy to pay for DLC, even stuff that I probably wouldn't use for three reasons.

1. It's typically more polished than what the modding community creates.

2. There simply aren't many developers like Bohemia out there and if micro-transactions keep them in business putting out quality games than I'm all for it.

3. The extra income might make Carrier Command come out a little quicker...ok probably not but I can dream.

DLC is certainly a sticky issue with Arma 2 considering the modding community but I'd be more than happy to pay for DLC, even stuff that I probably wouldn't use for three reasons.

1. It's typically more polished than what the modding community creates.

2. There simply aren't many developers like Bohemia out there and if micro-transactions keep them in business putting out quality games than I'm all for it.

3. The extra income might make Carrier Command come out a little quicker...ok probably not but I can dream.

Not that I dont agree with the others, but #2 is a good point. Keep companies like this one in business, vote with your wallets.

Nuff said.

Throw a short campaign, 5 scenarios, and a Warfare in there, and you've got a deal :P

I'd much rather them make another expansion than a bunch of DLC packs to split the community. I'd pay for an expansion, not sure about DLC though.

I have no problem with paying for DLCs. But for content like campaigns or new game modes. I don't need any "horse armor".

I'd pay to have an armoured horse in OA! ;)