Sign in to follow this  
raedor

The official football World Cup 2010 in SA thread

Thumbs up to Algeria for a new speed record in obtaining a yellow card! Well, maybe not. The game was utterly boring. A 0:0 would have been more fitting than the win for Slovenia.

As for the English goal keepers: those guys really seem to be cursed in international competitions. They're excellent keepers until - all of a sudden - the most ridiculous errors happen to them.

Never trust any of the overpay Premier League player on international competitions;)

As for the English goal keepers: those guys really seem to be cursed in international competitions. They're excellent keepers until - all of a sudden - the most ridiculous errors happen to them.

Green is a terrible keeper, always been error prone, cannot believe that a supposed world class manager is incapable of seeing that, James is much better than Green and has the experience to marshal a defence that lacks confidence, he makes the odd mistake but nothing like 10+ years ago, and Hart is better than both of them but lacks experience which may let him down in the end.

Yuuuup maybe Heart deserves a go!...

He'd get my vote, cannot recall a single error last season that cost Brum a goal.

Yup, congrats to Slovenia but what an undeserved win...

Win is a win, and luck plays a big role in almost all sports ;):yay:

ooo. ze germans are looking good :/

Thank you Germany for showing us what is football... I'm just, impressed, to say the least.

Sorry for the aussies, they didn't play that bad, but germany was at 10000 feet above.

Regards,

TB

In the beginning it was lacking the movement. You know, start to run, get the ball and continue. But that got better up to the point of Cacau's goal. I think they're just not familiar together.

The dive Özil took was unnecessary. I mean come on, 10 minutes in the game and he takes a dive 30m from the goal. Well deserved yellow on that one.

I liked the referee tho. Especially how he prosecuted unnecessary roughness and the complaining. Fucking fight for the ball until the referee whistles. He won't change his mind just because you raised your damn arm.

Geeeermaaaannyyyyy :yay::yay::yay:

What an impressive match! :D Loved it!

England take note. Thats how you play football.

England take note. Thats how you play football.

It's not even that Germany had to play well to easily win, Australia was completely impotent. They seriously need to bring in new players, and hope the best for 2014. This generation is past it's expiration date.

The most interesting game so far in this cup, go0oals and action at least! Great start by Podolski & Klose.

I'm not big fan of team Germany, but I must say that coach Loew did a great job by refreshing this squad with some new players. It was about Australia losing with 3 to 5 goals. Interesing matches against Ghana and Serbia are on the horizon.

I expected more from Australia, not that they had any chance to actually win, but at least they could have tried to limit the defeat and maybe score a goal themselves. I'm not complaining, tho: this was definitely the most fun game to watch since the World Cup started. Hope to see more like this from the other teams, too.

Oh, and I don't think the red card for the Australian player was really deserved. But then it wouldn't have changed the outcome anyways.

Edited by Daddl
added a comment

Now let's hope NL vs Denmark is as funny ;)

NL Denmark, the lines of both teams being led by Arsenal strikers.. Loove it!

Denmark holding their-own at the moment as well, and dennis rommedahl is still playing!!

Well, the greatest danger for the Danish goal keeper seems to be the Danish defense itself :D

And the creativity of the young generation of the NL team is very convincing, compared to very standardized game of the Danish team.

On a side note, the three French referees were very good.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Disappointed by NL :(

Something's definitely lacking, it seems; so far.

But 1st round games usually do not reflect how teams that go through will play afterwards

What, the referee was judging pretty strange. He was caring way too much about himself and his gestics and didn't check close enough. While de Jong was close to a red card, the two yellow ones for van Persie and Kjaer were very harsh ... and then he's pestering NL's players to get back to the kick-off in the 84th minute when everything is clear anyway ...

He was caring way too much about himself and his gestics and didn't check close enough.

That seems a pretty objective point of view

:rolleyes:

That seems a pretty objective point of view

:rolleyes:

Haha, objectivity is not possible for any living subject. :p

But if you can explain to me why de Jong didn't get any card for his first foul, while van Persie got a yellow card for nothing, then I'll believe that the referee did a good job, beside all his gestics.

(And still, I want to watch football and not a referee who has nothing to do than making sure he is displayed on my screen ...)

I agree they played terrible today! It had to be one of the worst football matches i have ever watched lol!

France is producing ultra bad&boring football for years now, tbh. Nothing spectacular to expect, if I were you ;)

ROFL Denmark!!! And he smiled!! Priceless!:p