Sign in to follow this  
raedor

The official football World Cup 2010 in SA thread

Spain dominated the match, so they deserved the win. But until their goal it wasn't really clear who's going move on.

Of course, it's football but u can give thanks to Spain. It's the only team in the world who tries to play football.

At least Germany "tries" too, with their players, but it's a good team to watch.

You saw it today, first team not hanging over the bar and Spain really put Germany, the best team till today in the tournament, as a "bad" team.

Yet people critics Spain when they don't beat other teams, or they win with "luck". When if u look any other match u can clearly see the other team from minute 1, wasting time, making fouls, ...

Enjoy Spain, and pray young people learns football watching them and their style (which doesn't mean they always play well or win) cause they will try to win playing football as it should be.

Netherlands - Germany would be brutal...

lol would be a war.unfortunately spain winned....:butbut:

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

Congrats to España and a well deserved win, that could have easily turned out higher than it was. No need for hanging the head in shame though. The german team played enjoyable soccer during the cup, and it's a young team, with potential to grow. Hoping for a real thriller on Sunday, which this semi admittedly wasn't. :yay:

I was right here, Puyol made my wallet a little thicker ;) Thanks!

The first goal triggered this match to a higher level. First half was little stiff I would say and not very exciting if compared to URU-NED game. But Puyol striked like thunder and sent the Jabulani ball past goalie defences, niiice. Spain was more like an underdog here because everyone favored Germany and no wonder they were going like crazy e.g beating the crap out of Argentina and causing Diego to cry.

That's what I like much about the World Cup 2010 - unpredictableness.

:pc:Congrats for both teams, Viva España. Germany - better luck next time and this will be soon - Euro 2012 ;)

It was a real pleasure to watch Germany's fresh and overhauled way of playing football. And also I have my sympathy for them because of some Polish accents like Podolski, Klose and Trochowski :)

I was raised a few blocks away where Klose family lived before they moved Germany. Miro's father - Jozef Klose played for my city back in the 70's Polish Premiership where he scored 39 goals. Every child in the area can show where Miro used to live and played ball as a kid.

Netherlands - Germany would be brutal...

lol would be a war.unfortunately spain winned....:butbut:

Yeah i would have loved Netherlands - Germany, but only if we would have won. :p

Pedro passes to Torres, GOAL! ... Lol J/k xD

That was just un-missable.... I mean, wtf has gone through Pedro's head?

Don't ask me cause i named all his family :D

I couldn't believe it, we would have closed the match and also "recover" Torres a bit.

Pedro was crying after the error, anyways he did a great job during the match.

Let's hope he can forget that play. We passed so...

Pfff, so... Sunday's going to be this boring aswell?

I share JdB's vision, Ned-Ger would have been the game for me to watch.

Let's hope both team put in a better effort on sunday and make it look like a world cup final!

What happened to Germany? Couldn't get into their game or was Spain really just beter?

That was just un-missable.... I mean, wtf has gone through Pedro's head?

I imagine nothing :p

Well I suppose congratulations are in order for Spain, it was a good goal too. Hats off for them not killing time at the end by holding it in the corner, I hate that.

200 euro on holland.don't fkin smoke a joint before the final guys!:D

i've made my euro on you!

What happened to Germany? Couldn't get into their game or was Spain really just beter?

They looked really nervous to me + Spain didn't gave them the chance to play there fast counter-attack game. Just look at the ball posessions... it was like 60-40 for Spain ^^

I don't get all that people saying Spain's football is boring.

Why don't you blame the other team?, they just defend in their side, running after the ball. They press and Spain keeps the ball cause they are unable to recover it from Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Xabi, ... that's why they just stay all close trying to reduce spaces.

Why don't you ask them to go for it?, you would see what Spain can do with more spaces.

Of course it's cause the other teams just can't keep the ball, you press them and their tactics it's just long ball to the space or to 2.00 meters forwards. Yeah, thats what you ask for and you enjoy cause the ball almost never gonna make it clear and there will be a fight to control it and the ball keeps "increasing speed", it means more mistakes and more goal opportunities.

Why Germany didn't try to do like they did to Argentina, pressing them, taking the ball away?

I would like to see Spain scoring in the first 5 minutes, then u can come back here and tell what's football.

Spain played a very good match , Germany played alot worse than normal , so Spain deserved win :)

btw i like to see Spain win the World Cup xD

Well deserved victory for Spain. It seemed that Germany was more concerned not to lose this match than actually winning it. It was only a matter of time that Spain actually scored. The Germans were blocked constantly in their own half and if you're unable to get out, sooner or later you will take a gol.

In any case my congrats to the Spanish team.

kind regards

Casillas is not that unbeatable, even if he's among the best goal keepers.

Let's see how he'd do it tonight.

Ohhh im sorry, i dont know what to say:rolleyes: . . . . LOL

Good game, if but a bit slow.

From what i could work out Germany are lethal on the breaks, they just didnt get any during the whole game.

What the hell happened to the German machine... When I think that I was about to get used to this game, and now this.. argh

Makes my nerves

Shame that they didn't remain calm to establish their impressive game.

But Spain did it.

All in all, congrats Spain.

Now hope the dutch will make it.

Regards,

TB

Shame that they didn't remain calm to establish their impressive game.

But Spain did it.

Shows even more how much Müller was missed. They took ages to figure out that they could advance without problems on the left side. Sadly Podolski is hardly the quick and light player hence every attempt to rush would end when Podolski got the ball. :(

I think spain is going to rock the netherlands too, but lets see.

Casillas is not that unbeatable, even if he's among the best goal keepers.

Let's see how he'd do it tonight.

goal keeper? damn these words remember we didn't had our goal keeper for the world cup :mad::mad:

he was injured :redmad:

zA803thhgA0

It's Joachim Löw. Do not click while eating ;)

It's Joachim Löw. Do not click while eating ;)

He needs a popcorn , so he eats own stuff :D

Edited by RobertHammer

Well congratulation for Spain. They were better than the Mannschaft, and did not allowed them to play their wunderbar football, which was the most clever solution.

I was very impressed by these young germans, and I honestly recognize that I was supporting them for the first World Cup... There is still future for this team, and I'll be glad to see them in Euro (and for the third place !)

Spain played nice tactical football, and prove that they are a serious and versatile team. It takes also a lot of skills to block the game of a team like germany. Actually, it reminded me the match Brazil-France of 2006, when we still had a team (and Zizou :D)

For my point of view, spain did not steal the victory, and they played real football until the end (no diving, no bad tricks) as well as germans.

And for the champion, I've no preferences, as long as the match is clean...