Sign in to follow this  
raedor

The official football World Cup 2010 in SA thread

I'm cheering on NL now overall, but for Ger-Arg I'm rooting for Germany to hold out, simply so we will no longer see Argentina cheating in yet another game. Although they're not unique - it seems to be something generally more common in South American and Spanish football than elsewhere

Hats off, Deutchland, hats off.

I was cheering so loudly that I don't think my neighbours have too high opinion about me right now. :D

Wuft, Argentina were destroyed. The Germans are really top notch. This also means that two of my top 3 are in the semi final (Germany, Holland). I predicted well.

Edited by CW001
Fixed failure

This also means that my top 3 are in the semi final (Germany, Spain, Holland). I predicted well.

Ahem, Spain? Did Paraguay cancel the game tonight?:p

Ahem, Spain? Did Paraguay cancel the game tonight?:p

In my little memory box they did :bounce3:

I'm mixing things up now. Not a good sign!

Oh my god, ich liebe dich Deutschland...

Thank you, thank you and thank you for offering us such a show... and what a victory !

4 - 0 against Argentina

Simply unbelievable, I really hope Spain won't bother Germany for the Semi Finals as they did in 2008

Regards,

TB

The germans really play beautifull, smart footbal! They are one of the few that are constantly moving on the field, I've seen so many players just standing still or slowly walking while the ball is near them. The germans actually jump between the player and the ball, they dive, they slide, and they really run fast too!

To be honest I've not see any games of Spain nor Paraguay but either of them is going to have a hard time in the half-finals!

Oh my god, ich liebe dich Deutschland...

Thank you, thank you and thank you for offering us such a show... and what a victory !

4 - 0 against Argentina

Simply unbelievable, I really hope Spain won't bother Germany for the Semi Finals as they did in 2008

Regards,

TB

Cant agree more Thunderbird! :)

And hey, why dont you visit your old RHS friends again some time ;)

Really impressive. The German team is playing very well. They simply crushed Argentina.:yay:

Well deserved victory. It's really a joy to watch them play, lot's of goals too.

I personally believe that they can win this world championship, but we'll see what happens in the next games. I hope the final will be Holland against Germany as in 1974.

In any case a great team.

My congrats to Germany.

Deutschland über alles.:D

Kind regards

Deutschland über alles.:D

I think that part got banned from the national anthem :p

Es gibt nur einen Thomas Müüüller! Es gibt nur einen Thomas Müller!

Unbelievable. 20 years old, just won his first season in the Bundesliga and does a fantastic job. Too bad he's not going to be there for the next game for such a bagatelle.

I was anxious before the game, i was anxious at the end of the first half. But the goals! Oh my god even Friedrich made his first (not friendly fire) goal in a world cup after 77 games. :D

When did that happen? I mean I´m living for more than 20 years in Italy now. When I was at home in Düsseldorf it was still part of the anthem.

well I guess time changes.

thanks for enlighten me MR Burns. I hope that noone gets offended.:D

kind regards

Cant agree more Thunderbird! :)

And hey, why dont you visit your old RHS friends again some time ;)

Good to see you old bud.

A hell of things changed since. Everytime I tried to put my hands again on BIS tools, I had to face a new salve of exams, heh.

But things will be easier this summer. Anyways, if there is anything I can do, drop me a word.

;)

Sorry for OT.

Tonight's game will be a kind of routine for Spain. Don't want to use the expression of "Piece of cake". This might sound kind of disrespectful. Heh

Regards,

TB

Simply stunning :D That was really, really great to watch :)

When did that happen? I mean I´m living for more than 20 years in Italy now. When I was at home in Düsseldorf it was still part of the anthem.

well I guess time changes.

thanks for enlighten me MR Burns. I hope that noone gets offended.:D

kind regards

Lol, it got changed 70 years ago.

Maybe you mean the Deutschlandlied :)

I think that part got banned from the national anthem :p

IZqdkV71PaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqdkV71PaE

Jokes aside.

It's not banned, even the common editions of the Grundgesetz ( constitution ) are printed with all three stancas of the Deutschlandlied.

It's just that the third was selected for official occasions after the war ( I think that went official after reunification, before that the third was sung officialy de facto not de jure ). :)

EDIT

Damned youtube function not working...

Edited by Placebo

No I mean our national anthem afaik wasn't changed 70 years ago.:confused:

Very disappointed for Paraguay, they were so close to beat Spain...

They played very well and with an exemplary courage !

Damn, excluding Germany, all my favorite teams are gone. :[

Go Deutschland Go ! I hope Germany will get ride of Spain with a rain of goals, starting to get used to it, heh.

Regards,

TB

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL germany 4 owned 0 :butbut::butbut::butbut:

There may be different opinions about our dear chancellor, but I absolutly love when Merkel watches football :D

%7B9D2F02F2-DA2D-4208-B5FC-7E6A6F5FDD9E%7DPicture.jpg

There may be different opinions about our dear chancellor, but I absolutly love when Merkel watches football :D

http://www.faz.net/m/%7B9D2F02F2-DA2D-4208-B5FC-7E6A6F5FDD9E%7DPicture.jpg

Have you seen the way she claps her hands? It looks like she's either unable to bend her elbow joints, or she is somehow just taking the piss. In any case, it looks hilarious. :D

Anyway, I think the Germany - Spain match tomorrow should prove to be interesting. Personally, I'm hoping for Germany vs. the Netherlands in the final, not only because it's a great pairing, but because Uruguay seriously need to get taken out ASAP after the crime scene that was Uruguay - Ghana. ;)

Go Germany! Go Netherlands!

While I'm not expecting too many Fins to be tracking this topic, I'll give it a shot anyway ...

Does anyone happen to know if there's any remotely interesting places in the center of Helsinki where I can watch the matches this week? I know a fair few sport-ish pubs near Kamppi and such, but if I'm going to embarrass my gf by being an orange idiot, I want to at least make sure there's a bit more liveliness than a bunch of old men hugging their betting tickets :p

Ghana were the tragedy of this world cup, they should be in the semi's. Last second of extra time, saved of the the line by a defenders hand.

Does anyone happen to know if there's any remotely interesting places in the center of Helsinki where I can watch the matches this week?

I'd go here:

Sports Academy

A few big screens, lots of small ones(even in toilets) and generally a good place to watch the matches. You'll always find plenty of people there, young and old. Another plus is that they serve ok quality food at reasonable prices.

Then there used to be a nice little pub called Chelsea between Sanomatalo and the railway station, but I'm not sure if it's up anymore.

Edited by Fincuan

Holly hell, what am I watching right now?

2 Tomahawks, one proudly signed "sir Forlan", and concerning the other one, I really don't know what to say except that Van Bronckhorst offered us the most beautiful goal thus far.

However, the dutch play very bad... Hope Germany won't do the same tomorrow.

Let's see how the second half would evolve...

But honestly, slightly disliking the way the dutch push the simulation that far, therefore, my support goes to Uruguay...

Regards,

TB

Edited by Thunderbird