Sign in to follow this  
raedor

The official football World Cup 2010 in SA thread

Portugal played very bad...

Regarding the quarters, I hope Ghana will make it.

Regards,

TB

Has anyone noticed was Villa offside, apparently they(FIFA?) didnt allowed to draw a offside line in replay during match...

Has anyone noticed was Villa offside, apparently they(FIFA?) didnt allowed to draw a offside line in replay during match...

In German TV he wasn't, at least from what I saw.

In German TV he wasn't, at least from what I saw.

He was exactly in line with the last defender (give or take a few cm :p ).

The Dutch have knocked out Brazil! I knew they were going to go far.

Dutch played a dirty match - provoking Brasil , referee and fake fouls ,but they reached their purpose .

I hope for Argentina - hope they won't disappoint

Edited by RobertHammer

Go Oranje! :) I didn't think it could happen, but it did. And they had chances for a couple more goals!

I'm USian, but the Dutch are the only team left that I like.... :)

Edit:

Oh, and there were a couple Brasil players who could've gotten yellows for dissent! They didn't exactly play cleanly.

Hey, it is international football/soccer. You gotta pull your panties up and play! :D

81Gxbi-Xyig&feature=related

Vuuuuuuuuu Vuuuuuvu zeeeeeelaaaa! LOL :yay::yay:

Hottest match of 2010 World Cup. Very exciting game and Netherlands have defeated the kings of football (Yes, it's possible :) Level of specatators emotions was high enough to power up entire country.
What a shame by Melo with that foul, he really screwed up rest of the Brazil's game. This match was more electryfying than Mex-Fra or Ger-Eng. Definitely number one, so far.

Now brace yourselves for the next games.

Uruguay - Ghana. I think Uru will defeat team from Africa. 2-0 for Uru, I suppose. Ghana is fought very hard for their quarter-finals but their skill is not enoght to outplay charging towards the cup - Uru. After this Uru will be facing Oranjes and thats gonna be a hell of a game!

Argentina vs Germany. Hoooly Jesus! It will be just like today. Tremendous football emotions are on the way :yay: I really need to find myself a vuvuzela!:yay: Edited by Sudayev

Great game by the dutch, they fought well, even by using some controversial ways, but they figured it out...

Hope Ghana will take out Uruguay, really hoping to see for the first time, an african team reaching the semi-finals

But it's gonna be hard like hell

Regards,

TB

i will support the dutch since my team is out.dutchs are good,simple and crazy people :D

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

Sudayev, what on earth did you just make me watch? :(

Anyways, i never cared much for this sport. I watched the last part on TV only because the temperatures in my PC room are totally unbearable and i just had to go somewhere else.

The Brazilians did some dirty stuff (that one particular kick on the legs while one Dutchie was down) but overall i really could care less about that stuff, soccer players generally overact to get other players in a bad position, which is fucking weak.

Anyone doing some form of martial arts soaks up way more damage before even twitching.

What gets me most though is how the entire world is captivated by soccer, especially at times like these.

If people tried to solve the world's problems with the same enthusiasm they watch soccer with, there would be very few problems left.

Today i finished school and i got my diploma. However 80% of those present really couldnt give a fuck about it and were twitching in their seats to leave and watch the soccer game.

What a feeling to reach the pinnacle of your studies with... Nobody giving a shit and wanting to gtfo to watch 22 guys kick a ball.

Sudayev, what on earth did you just make me watch? :(

I agree, that post should be reported and he should be banned. Forever.

Definitely disgusted by Football... My heart stopped at least 10 times during the match between Ghana and Uruguay...

A damn stolen victory.. I hate Asamoah Gya for having missed that Penalty and I hope Netherlands will give a lesson to Uruguay

What a heart breaking way to go out. Robbed off the line by a player thinking he was playing vollyball. Makes me think they should just give a goal in that situation.

I'm gutted for Ghana, some of the players were absolutely distraught at the end.

Uruguay where thoroughly outplayed, bar the first 25 mins. Some of those sections with Ghanaian passing where so crisp and perfect. Seriously, soccer needs a 'penalty goal' rule, like rugby.

Geez, latest match was so damn equalized thus exciting, not to mention vuvuzelas that reached the apogee! Last minute of extra time was a curse and a blessing in one. Suarez did best thing by punching the ball out of the goal. Then we have 50/50 but Ghana missed their shot and extratime ended. Later we know what happened. So the last team from Africa is out, kinda pity but this is football with its great victories and bitter defeats. What do we have next. Ned-Uru. Damn. Both teams are my fave, damn coin toss or what :/ :/ :/

And about that song I mentioned a few posts ago. Why the hell some of you guys are so touchy about it, huh :)

Hahaha. Screw you guys, you cannot do anything about this song, you either hate it or love it ;) You know what ? I found more of their songs on Youtube, ready for some top party music from Netherlands ;) ?

Ok, jungs chill. I'll try not to stir this pot again :P

One more importatnt thing!!!

DO NOT BLOW YOUR VUVUZELA IN FRONT OF YOUR DOG!

2doVc_d9GHU&playnext_from=TL&videos=t2_SkuPoK-0&feature=sub

:lol:

Edited by Sudayev

Lol, but anyway its not a Vuvuzela. Most of the things the foreigners are buying are not vuvuzelas, and most of the vuvuzelas they do get are shorter, easier to blow and make less noise. Lets be glad most of them are not proper ones, although someone trying a full size vuvuzela for the first time is quite hilarious. :eek2: , and still silence. Im Glad that they haven't gone into SA rugby too much.

Then we have 50/50 but Ghana missed their shot
The problem is that they should have already had a goal, a sure goal != penalty. Edited by SAbre4809

Dutch played a dirty match - provoking Brasil , referee and fake fouls ,but they reached their purpose .

I hope for Argentina - hope they won't disappoint

Exactly. I have been reading articles and the comment sections of English-language newspapers and football sites, and they're all filled with "Dutch were crap, cheaters that don't deserve to win, style of football is completely unattractive etc."

To offset the dissappointment these people are feeling, the Dutch football association is pleased to offer the bargain of a 5 DVD box set with footage of World and European Championships in which we played the most attractive football by far (along with Spain in 2008), and ended up with nothing to show for it other than spectator appreciation.

So for once, simply winning will do :cool:

Edited by JdB

One more importatnt thing!!!

LOL , i got my bernese dog and plastic vuvuzela too ,but thank god he is still outside , not in the house , so he can't do a shitz like in the video xD

P40TP1ughek&feature=player_embedded

Quickly open this video in 5-10 pages and press play. Additionaly you can press that football icon next to quality button to maximize the effect of the vuvuzela on your ears. Geez now I can imagine what this hell is all about :eek:

[YOUTBE]2doVc_d9GHU&playnext_from=TL&videos=t2_SkuPoK-0&feature=sub[/YOUTUBE]

omg LOL :D:D:D

well done dog.

Edited by Placebo

Exactly. I have been reading articles and the comment sections of English-language newspapers and football sites, and they're all filled with "Dutch were crap, cheaters that don't deserve to win, style of football is completely unattractive etc."

I'm still quite puzzled about this. The Dutch team has indeed been playing what might be best described as "pragmatic football" so far, but in the second half against Brazil they were simply dominating the game. Brazil's initially covert attempts to kick Robben out of the match turned into blatant feats of assassination, as the frustration radiated by Dunga seemed to transfer onto his players as well. The Dutch team got its act together and started to play on their terms, which apparently came as quite a surprise to the opposition.

Considering the time I spend abroad, I hardly see myself as a staunch "Orange" supporter. Still, by the 90th minute I could only conclude that the Dutch team simply had the upper hand and won fair and square. Equally puzzling is the lash out at Kuyt in the English comments. Ranging from "why is he on the pitch" to "worst player of the tournament", I can't help but wonder if a player in his position can only gather praise by "solo-ing" in as many goals as possible, because the fact that he works his ass off as one of the corner stones to nearly every single offensive movement apparently just won't cut it.

Ah well. Jeeeeuuj, Oranje boven! :drinking2:

Really are people saying that about Kuyt? Are they watching a different version of the games or something? He's by far the best defence we have during corners and he's always around when we score maybe not being the direct assist but without him there probably wasn't anything to assist in the first place.

The second goal during Ned-Bra was the perfect example, he reacted in a perfect way just as they where trained, and actually gave our smallest player the chance to score with his head!

And I so deeply hope we will kick Uruguays ass because they really didn't deserve to win. I totally agree with giving a goal when such a faul is commited!

So let's see if we can get our dream finale this time: Ned-Ger because that WILL give some AWESOME 90minutes of footage to go in history!

Did notice the Brazilians really fell apart. Lack of discipline maybe. My friends next door watched this game, and they said Robinho was laughable for a good portion of the second half, just doing nothing at all.

Ger have to beat Arg, I can't stand to see Maradona anymore. Real slimy little maggot.

Ger 4-3 Hol (Final) :)