Sign in to follow this  
raedor

The official football World Cup 2010 in SA thread

Well i just love being a sinic, said it after the Slovenia game. This England team just wasnt going anywhere this world cup. Struggle in the group stages, it was enevitable that we would loose up against a big team the first time we came up against one and so it was.

Fair play Germany, aside from the English defensive mistakes they managed to keep constant pressure when on the attack, slick passing, good vision. Well done and good luck against the Argies (come on Mexico!!, doubt it will happen tho).

Ah well roll on the new season, that's all that matters anyway.

UNITED!!! :)

Excellent play Germany, hats off. A well deserved victory. Thats the football I like to watch, swift and bright actions with high scoring!

England luckily qualified for quarterfinals, Germany like ... veryfied thier advance, pointed out their flaws and sent them back home.

By the way, that Uruguayan ref - what an ass! Regulations says about ball 20 centimeters pst the goal line. Ball was at least 50 cm past the line. I'm sure that was very demotivating for England and somehow affected rest of the game.

Now hoping to see Mexico in the semi's ;)

Yup, I was getting the same feeling, was somehow wondering what was wrong within the english ranks...

However, germans played very well and this is a very deserved victory.

I really like their sense of precision and the way they counter-attack.

Truthfully I would really have not loved to be instead of James position, heh.

Regards,

TB

Well the England v Germany game was a joke for us.

What spoke volumes was the BBC with lineker & shearer etc literally holding back not to be totally and utterly and completely negative by swearing. Abysmal, awful, a joke ... un believable ... the words rolled on from them, and they were right.

Mind you at least it helped the economy with t-shirts and "part time" flags :yay:.

Have to say the disallowed goal be it any competition or team was completely obvious it was wrong. Using the old England comparison video doesn't come close, literally 1-2 feet in and away from the goal line, totally different in terms of debate. And payback or justice is ridiculous as its clear to anyone that we played awful and that moment didn't make much of a difference anyway in the end.

Eat that "we don't need video refereeing" - Blatter...

Still I think the Germans were far more superior and deserved the victory :)

Edited by kavoven

Absolutely. Not to take anything away from the German side, but there isn't a team in the tournament who wouldn't have been superior to the way England played today.

What was with our defence? That was shocking, most of the time. I genuinly didn't think we would play badly but dear me.

But that goal. Holy sh*t that was aweful. I expect nothing less than that linesman and/or referee to take no further part in this world cup.

Well played to Germany. Took their chances and just outclassed us for the majority of the game. A deserved victory.

Be the better men and don't go proclaiming that the disallowed goal is somehow fair. It was a good way behind the line and a very obvious call to all but the referee and linesmen, apparently.

Don't get worked up over it.

The referees decision was unfortunate - 1966 an invalid goal was given, today a valid goal has been denied. C'est la vie.

I'm sorry, i'm not sure where you've read I was worked up over it :) I guess because I was targetting you, I must be worked up, huh? :D

Seriously. Chill, don't read others text in such an agressive manner ;)

I'm sure everyone but the referee realized that England had scored. It's really a shame. Of course I'm happy we won, but I'm even more happy that we shot two more goals just to show it wasn't completely undeserved. All in all I think Gemany played a lot better, still that one goal might have changed the course of the game.

Good games all around now that it's win-or-bust - everyone fighting till the end!

Sorry but the first goal from germany was a clear offside!! then the Lampard goal was a clear goal.

In the second half englang play with more risk and run in to many counter attack.

Its realy bad that 3 referees to affect the game. I think this game would tottaly diferent if the halftime score was 2:2.

anyway i think the germans was the better team.

João Havelange, brazilian ex fifa president once said that polemic is what propels football. That's a shame for me, as a brazilian I'm totally against this kind of mentality. It's an invitation for corruption in the sport.

Today's 2 games where heavily influenced. FIFA is mired in corruption, it's impossible for them to change the game. UEFA is the hope for changes in the sport, but my father said that Platiny is in the scheme of things with FIFA. Ironically, he said that Beckenbauer would fight FIFA, would be a much better UEFA president.

What a disgraceful situation.

121718559.jpg

Sorry but the first goal from germany was a clear offside!!

Offside rule doesn't count if its the goal kick.

Offside rule doesn't count if its the goal kick.

yes you are right, my bad.

edit:

now only 2 referees affect the game :D

Edited by bensdale

now only 2 refrees affect the game

Closer examination of Lampards goal reveals the dilemma the ref was facing

closei.jpg

He´s going to catch some flak now, but i doubt it will last more than 40 years. That might have been different if the german team would have failed with follow-up scoring.

All in all Germany had the better side, maybe not the most experienced side but, youth is a handy thing to have. Their defense was brilliant which led to great offense. Good work Germany, top match.

England haven't just been beaten by Germany, they have been comprehensively outplayed! :p

NL made it! They were lucky, though, as Vittek didn't score until the penalty ... he had some very good chances ...

Why don't we have an oranje skin for these forums?!

Yea NL was very lucky when the Vittek did not score at those chances :p

I see the Brazil vs NL in near future , that will be very interesting

NL made it! They were lucky, though, as Vittek didn't score until the penalty ... he had some very good chances ...

No way, we just wanted to give our keeper the opportunity to shine for the first time since the start of the tournament! :p

Good God, Japan vs Paraguay was the most boring match I have ever watched in this championships.

It's about over please welcome Spain in the quarter-finals.

It's about over please welcome Spain in the quarter-finals.

Yes, and let's say in semi as i don't see how Paraguay could beat them.

And Portugal are out! Kinda glad to see that, as watching them play fills me with RAGE.

Also, Argentina vs Germany will be amazing!

Edited by CW001