Sign in to follow this  
raedor

The official football World Cup 2010 in SA thread

Rugby is a far better game. It doesn't make you a pussy that falls over screaming that your leg is broken when you make slight contact with another players socks, it is exciting all the time not just for the 5-10. 10 second periods when near the goals.

I like rugby, but i dont know why i dont watch it. I dont get the same buzz watching some matey get piled into someone else, as watching rooney charge down two defenders and score a fantastic goal. Weird really it should be the other way round.

I know it's off topic, but I can't help. :D

NXPPyjtw5WU

Woot! What a goal (the 1:0 for Spain)... I mean, how stupid can a keeper get? :eek:

I know it's off topic, but I can't help. :D

[yutube]NXPPyjtw5WU

That video is WIN

Edited by Placebo

thx god finally we have saw the first decent match of the world cup.

chile-spain.this world cup,excluding this match was so fkin ordinary.most of the teams plays in a boring way.

The Brazil vs Portugal game was so slow. I hope the Ghana vs US game is good.

Boooooooooooo! Ghana 1-0 in the half. Come on US. Get the sports analyst's patriotism out of your ears.

Wow, Ghana made it. At least one African team in the quarter final. Go Ghana! :)

Wow, and the countless of americans over the internet complains. Suck it up, you guys are not the best. At least you guys got into quarters.

Wow, and the countless of americans over the internet complains. Suck it up, you guys are not the best. At least you guys got into quarters.

I am kind of glad that we lost actually. I'm not jumping around and celebrating or anything but it is nice to see an African country still in it. Plus, Ghana is a small country and I'm a sucker for small countries. I'm still recovering from Trinidad and Tobago's loss in the last Cup.

I am kind of glad that we lost actually. I'm not jumping around and celebrating or anything but it is nice to see an African country still in it. Plus, Ghana is a small country and I'm a sucker for small countries. I'm still recovering from Trinidad and Tobago's loss in the last Cup.

Finally someone who isn't an idiot. So far, all the americans I have met are complaining about their loss.

Diego Maradona isn't looking so good these days hey... I mean he never did really but i don't know, he's just getting a certain air about him. Might be back on the juice. Argentina are playing well though so he's doing something right.

Well done Ghana but the US weren't that bad, they would have also deserved to go further but it's indeed, great to have at least, one last african nation.

I hope they'll beat Uruguay but that won't be an easy one.

Btw, Germany vs England within less than a hour...

I bet on Germany

Regards,

TB

OK, i'm officially nervous :D

Good luck to the Germans.

Better luck to the English, though.

OK, i'm officially nervous :D

Good luck to the Germans.

Better luck to the English, though.

Not so lucky now... Germany scored...twice...and the referees are blind, how can they not have seen the second British goal ?

Edited by ProfTournesol

Most exciting! :man3: :drinking2:

And no frickin vuvuzelas!!! Even the england chanting makes me happy lol :cancan:

Edited by Mr Burns

Oh my God, even Capello from the bench saw the ball crossing the line! How did the referees miss that?

Very exciting game so far.:459:

The wembley curse might have been lifted today :D

God Dammit that Ref is a dead man lol if england loose he will definiltly not be leaving that stadium alive lol!1

Well done Germany. England played terribly, Germany played....i'm not sure! They didn't need to play well against this England team. The disallowed goal was unfortunate, and maybe it changed the course of the game, but somehow, I don't think England would have won, they certainly didn't look like they deserved it.

There was a brief period of good play in the 1st half from England, after they got a goal back. The rest was the usual England lacklustre bollocks that seems to be Englands curse.

3rd and 4th German goals - where did Englands defense go? Surely a massive tactical error such as only having 1 defender back lies with the coach. That said, the defending from England was absolutely shocking.

As for Rooney? Who the F**k is Rooney?

Above all, this game has stripped by begrudging respect for Capello and convinced me that he doesn't have a clue what he is doing, he just gestures madly and hopes the players play well. Heskey on for Defoe when we desperately need goals? That pretty much sums his decision making up.

And by the way, there is no 'poetic justice' only 'poetic revenge'. Be the better men and don't go proclaiming that the disallowed goal is somehow fair. It was a good way behind the line and a very obvious call to all but the referee and linesmen, apparently.

Edited by Pathy