raedor

The official football World Cup 2010 in SA thread

Great game, Slovakia is on the way to send Italians back to home

:yay:GO SLOVENSKO:yay:

:eek::(

:mad:

*** damn we suck.

Wow. Italy out.

have you seen our team?a part chiellini and cannavaro the rest is a bunch of looooosers.jeees...

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

Yeah lot of the big teams havnt done that well to start with!! Italy out, Germany and England Scaped Through etc .. whats football coming too haha!

Imgine if USA win the world cup! Football will be shot in the heart haha! Europe will be put to shame by people who call football Soccer lol! The world will end!

hehe

If group play is any indication, it'll be a Central/South American team at the end - or the Dutch, who've really played well. I read yesterday that every group with a Central or South American team had one of those teams in the lead. That's amazing.

Here in the States, I'm just happy to see "ordinary" people paying attention to the WC this year. A guy I work with barely remembered that it was here in 94, and couldn't remember watching any WC game since then. Now all of a sudden, he's interested in what happened with France, and cheered when the US scored. :)

As someone who's loved soccer since he was a kid, I'm thrilled with it!

Never liked Italy "tanking" style, so good job SLOVENSKO

I agree that Germany and England are not doing well(Germany is a bit better through), but since they enter the secound round, I hope they both really plays better.

Imgine if USA win the world cup! Football will be shot in the heart haha! Europe will be put to shame by people who call football Soccer lol! The world will end!

You realize that you (English) were the first ones to start calling it soccer, right?

You realize that you (English) were the first ones to start calling it soccer, right?

yes that was in 1863 when we called the game Association football and to shorten that we used soccer to distinguish it from "rugby football" but at least we then changed it from Soccer to football!!

Foot Ball lol u use your foot, not hands :P

Tell that to Maradona and Henry....

yes that was in 1863 when we called the game Association football and to shorten that we used soccer to distinguish it from "rugby football" but at least we then changed it from Soccer to football!!

But you use your feet in rugby too. It would sound strange to call it foothandball :D

Yeah guys, and now we get back on topic or I'll change the rules and German is the only allowed language :p ;)

Yeah guys, and now we get back on topic or I'll change the rules and German is the only allowed language :p ;)

Good luck with that ;)

But yet let's stick to the topic, Soccer in the USA, Football in the whole, complete, full, rest of the WORLD ;)

Good luck with that ;)

But yet let's stick to the topic, Soccer in the USA, Football in the whole, complete, full, rest of the WORLD ;)

And Canada... and (unofficially, but commonly) Australia and NZ...

(that's a good percentage of the English speaking countries)

<something On-Topic here>

Edited by Big Dawg KS

just 1 info,is it truth that soccer,in U.S.A., is more played by the women instead of the men?

No, well, not really.

In most of the USA there are recreational leagues for soccer that have both girls and boys. Younger kids play on teams that are "co-ed" - both genders. About the age of 8 or 9 usually, it gets split into different leagues for boys and girls.

In most of the country where soccer is played, most kids play at least one season. Once the kids get older, they usually have to commit to 1 sport, or 2, depending on how the seasons work out. (There are some boys who can do 3 sports, but it is rare.) By the time they are late teens, most girls don't play a sport and boys have to decide what to focus on.

Most adult women, in my experience, don't play sports, unless you count "power-shopping." :) I play in adult leagues, and that is an area that is growing. There are some "co-ed" adult leagues (teams of a mix of men and women), but almost no women-only adult leagues.

An interesting side-note. A friend of mine is a "traditional" American and has his son playing baseball, football, basketball, etc. The theme among coaches in those sports is that they try to make it as much "fun" as possible, specifically to prevent kids from wanting to play soccer. :D I think that is awesome. It is like an admission that soccer is more fun than those sports.

It is like an admission that soccer is more fun than those sports.

In NZ more kids play soccer than rugby! then most switch to rugby... and some come to the dark side :)

Rugby is a far better game. It doesn't make you a pussy that falls over screaming that your leg is broken when you make slight contact with another players socks, it is exciting all the time not just for the 5-10. 10 second periods when near the goals.

Edited by SAbre4809

Rugby is a far better game. It doesn't make you a pussy that falls over screaming that your leg is broken when you make slight contact with another players socks, it is exciting all the time not just for the 5-10. 10 second periods when near the goals.

I'm one of those odd people that like both.

Edited by Snafu

agree.

This is a world cup football thread, discuss the world cup or move to another thread.

Portugal vs Brazil it will be - Clash of the Titans :D

Portugal being a titan? Exaggerated.

Today scores ;)

DPRK - CIV 2-1

POR - BRA 0-1

CHI - ESP 2-1

SUI - HON 2-0

Damn, missed the Italy game yesterday due to the game happening during work hours. Only saw a summary on tv later, but just the counter and popups from FootieFox were enough to shock the whole office into disbelieve... Well, who'd have thought of that! Congrats Slovakia!

Portugal being a titan? Exaggerated.

Today scores ;)

DPRK - CIV 2-1

POR - BRA 0-1

CHI - ESP 2-1

SUI - HON 2-0

wow.... If this happens.... expect earthquake in planet football

wow.... If this happens.... expect earthquake in planet football

well, "expect an earthquake in european football" would be more appropriate. ^^

Loving the tournament so far, lots of favourites already out and I really hope for a south american world champion (well, as long its not going to be Brazil/England/Netherlands, I´m happy anyway ;) ).

Very true, Malibu. It's european football which looks bad here. Who said "too much money, not enough love of the game?"