Sign in to follow this  
marseille77

Standard Vehicles Pack

Original BIS Vehicles in standard green camo and rust

Actual Version: 1.1

greenveh750.th.jpg

rustveh.th.jpg

After some easteregg searching I found out that BIS had save the original textures without different camo under another name in the same pbo. Now I presented you some vehicles of the east side. This file had a new config which uses the hiddentextureselection feature

Now you can also made your own versions without repainting or erasing camocolors.

Content

-------

- Ural

- BRDM-2, -HQ, -ATGM

- BMP-2, -HQ, -MEDIC

- T-72

...in green original texture. On Russian side.

- UAZ

- Ural

- BMP-2

- BRDM-2

- T-72

- Mi-8

...in rust, you found them with (old) in the Editor. On NAPA side.

Fixes

-----

Now with bisign file

Download Mirrors

File-Upload.net

Armaholic

Armed Assault.info

Edited by Marseille77

thanks! this actually might be useful for retexing as well :)

Hi..

..thanks for sharing, but it would be nice if you could release a version with signed addons... >> click me <<

:rolleyes:

Very helpful, great idea! When modifying existing textures e.g. in order to apply a different camo pattern, there is often the need to erase the old pattern without messing up the surface details like screws, handles etc., and this can take much more time than making the new pattern itself. I'm always glad to find a basic texture that has all the details but no pattern or markings. Thank you!

:yay:

Here, this Estonian police vehicle took me just 5min from downloading your pack to a fully working addon:

8dzw8bxa.jpg

(reference photos: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?39505-Armoured-European-police-vehicles-%28Many-photos%29/page2)

Of course a quite useless addon, who could ever need a single Estonian police vehicle? And in reality it has of course not a 14.5mm machine gun mounted (at least i hope so^^). Just see it as proof that your addon is a boon ;)

Edited by Brainbug

@Brainbug - very nice :). But in what which way did you produce the white color? Did you painted it only over?

Update

Version 1.1 ist out and I added some rusty versions too + UAZ and Mi-8. For addonmaker who wants to make special Guerillas or something

see first post

Very nice work, but forgive me for asking this but is there a place i can find these untextured skins I have heard off? I downloaded your file and couldn't see them. Forgive me for the stupid question I've been awake for longer than I should be.

I've made a standard pbo with new config. You have to open the pbo with eliteness or other program. You find the textures there after the decompressing. In the Editor you find the vehicles under Russia and NAPA (car, armored).

...here a better Version of the NVA camouflage for the NVA Pack. Now I used the Arma 2 texture. The Arma 1 texture is darker and had less details or has the double pixel size.

spw40p.th.jpg

Edited by Marseille77

@Brainbug - very nice :). But in what which way did you produce the white color? Did you painted it only over?
Yes, just set saturation to zero so that it was grey, then pushed up the brightness to a very light grey (not too white or it will shine to extremely in game). Then just cut out a few areas that received a blue filter, added some text and *bang* done.

Now imagine the hours of work that would have had to preceed this if I had to start with a camoflaged CDF version *uargh*

Yes, just set saturation to zero so that it was grey, then pushed up the brightness to a very light grey (not too white or it will shine to extremely in game). Then just cut out a few areas that received a blue filter, added some text and *bang* done.

Now imagine the hours of work that would have had to preceed this if I had to start with a camoflaged CDF version *uargh*

All you have to do for that is take the normal (_nohq.paa) and desaturate it and use it as a base. It gives you a plain, camo-less, white/grey texture to work with.