Sign in to follow this  
tpM

HARCP - Dynamic Sound System

I thought 28th Release? Where is it now :P

Hehe just kidding take all your time you need :)

It's only mid day here !

Easy guys, we are still working on it atm. Just 17:30 here at the Carpathian Basin. :P

Hey tpM

Sorry my bad I kinda opened the door for people's impatiance.

Hows it coming along?

Well I hope.

Sorry guys, but we are experiencing a few problems, so I cant promise you that we can make it today. Expect it tomorrow.

Thank you for the update, I'm sure you and the team will get it figured out mate.

Hi,

This is the thread for Hungarian Arma Community Projects's Dynamic Sound (echo) Handling System.

The system will simulate environment specific weapon firing sounds. Different echo/reverb in mountain/hilly areas, villages, cities, forests and also in specific buildings.

Hi tpM,

this is interesting work. I'm wondering if you are actually simulating acoustic spaces or if you're implementing an effect on the sound. If you're attempting to simulate, are you actually calculating, by some means, the early / late reflection times based on specifically geometrically modelled spaces in the game world? If so I imagine you would be doing some form of RT convolution based on an impulse response using something like bruteFIR...

Do you also take into account sound occlusion and the propagation of sound into other spaces? And is object materiality ie absorption coefficients, part of the simulation?

cheers

Ebola

Nah, just simply adding the echo soundeffect based on the location of the shooter and the weapon. For mountain echoes the system simulates that the sound have to reach the mountain and then get back to you...

I remembered i guy above asked you if there will be sound effects for all

explosions..and you answered "only grenades".

That is to avoid "overload" in case i.e. Rocket barrages from a chopper?

No, just dont have the time/mood to make new sounds. Maybe in the updates...

Well, we found a major problem and we had to rewrite a big part of the code. At least now its much more faster. Sorry guys, but I dont wanna promise anything. We are working on it at full speed and I hope we can make it in the next few days.

Not sure... but that would be cool.

Some "basic" echoes came from videos and sound libs and I edited them into urban/forest/hill etc ones.