Sign in to follow this  
tpM

HARCP - Dynamic Sound System

Hi,

This is the thread for Hungarian Arma Community Projects's Dynamic Sound (echo) Handling System.

The system will simulate environment specific weapon firing sounds. Different echo/reverb in mountain/hilly areas, villages, cities, forests and also in specific buildings.

Videos:

Edited by tpM

Oh very nice , how did you do that? you can do it with vanilla ?

it reminds me Battlefield Bad Company :D

Edited by RobertHammer

I think i just came in my pants! :eek:

Why not from BI? ... why not from BI? ... why not from BI? ... but anyway, good luck!

Totally looking forward to this addon as it is something that really makes a difference in how the game feels!

I cannot say often enough how bloody awesome this is! :thumb_down:

Edited by Mr Burns

Holy Shizzle :butbut:

While its sad for modders to have to create something the sound engine should out the box (really BIS I will never understand why) ... this fills that hole nicely.

Very impressive, this will also take a load off of sound modders and some payload/audio channels with gun sounds not necessarily having to include separate versions of reverb trails and such.

Cant wait for this to arrive in-full.

Q:

1. Will it take into account Vally's / canyons and such IE lessening of reverb tail/dampening?

2. Will you include some variation trails and reverb signatures per shot/round per setting (like some sound mods are doing at the moment)?

Edited by mrcash2009

Thanks for the kind words. :)

@Mrcash2009:

1. Well, the system is really flexible, so it's possible to add a specific reverb for firing in canyons. (but we dont have it currently)

2. Maybe.

very nice :D

does it work for every weapons(bis + addons) ? or it must have config parameters added?

Edit : and does it work for explosions , cannons and other sounds?

It requires cfg work for weapons, but it will be ACE compatible (all ACEX weapons will have their own echoes).

Currently it only works for weapons, but we plan to make it for explosions too.

I saw this a couple of days ago since I've subscribed to your YouTube channel. I was impressed then, and I'm impressed now. Good luck to you on working on this.

2-3 variations of reverb would be "nice" but to even have one is a leap forward ;)

As regards config for weapons, is there a chance to have it would auto exec via CBA / via maybe module placement that would "latch on" to weapons rather than config aproach? Seeing as we have a mass of weapons packs and addons now ... or am I missing something and its pretty easy anyway?

Would be nice to have some for explosions and such especially spacial distant explosions etc.

Also .. has it been tested in full large firefights, what audio hardware, and did you notice any dropouts with audio?

Edited by mrcash2009

Its possible to make it give a specific set of echoes to 3rd weapons (CBA).

It has yet to be tested in large firefights, but we plan to add a switch to enable it only for humans, in case if its too resource heavy.

Seems really nice, Earplugs will be more than necessary then.

But is a good idea to work on this, knowing that the sound system may be overhauled for OA?

Looking forward to a release anyway ;)

Very nice! I know it's a WIP but I'll still make a few comments.

The variation between some environment seemed just a bit too much, such as the open field at the beginning, and then the forest at the end. Vastly different sounds imo.

The sounds when firing in the village was great, simulating the echo from the sound bouncing off the various buildings was a great effect. My only gripe there is that I think, again in imo, that it was a bit too echo-e, almost like you were completely encapsulated by surrounding buildings, while really it was a more spread out and open.

AWESOME work

Seems really nice, Earplugs will be more than necessary then.

But is a good idea to work on this, knowing that the sound system may be overhauled for OA?

Looking forward to a release anyway ;)

AFAIK soundwise only the radio chatter will be overhauled in OA.

Very nice! I know it's a WIP but I'll still make a few comments.

The variation between some environment seemed just a bit too much, such as the open field at the beginning, and then the forest at the end. Vastly different sounds imo.

The sounds when firing in the village was great, simulating the echo from the sound bouncing off the various buildings was a great effect. My only gripe there is that I think, again in imo, that it was a bit too echo-e, almost like you were completely encapsulated by surrounding buildings, while really it was a more spread out and open.

AWESOME work

The purpose of the video is only to show that "hey, this is possible" :). The sound effects are not final yet.

Edited by tpM

Very Nice Idea. This will bring alot of atmosphere into the Game.

Holy Shizzle :butbut:

While its sad for modders to have to create something the sound engine should out the box (really BIS I will never understand why) ... this fills that hole nicely.

If this were alredy in the game we would never have such a modder doing this ;)

One important question i forgot: Will this be going to affect car horns too?! :D

Sounds like a great new sound mod is on the way! :cool:

Incredible! I don't think my crappy on-board sound can handle too much of this, but it doesn't matter. It sounds fantastic and adds a whole new dimension to the soundscape and immersion of the game!