Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

Why ACE Team is removed from the game G36C? :confused:

Edited by Raison

I'm having a bit of trouble with the latest ACE version..

I know its not the stable version i have a problem with, but the other threads seem to have been closed by over zealous moderators :mad::mad:

Anyway, here is my problem:

I cannot get gasmasks, balaclavas, ear plugs etc to work.

I've edited the Userconfig file for my game profile but they wont show up even if they are in my inventory.

Can someone help me? Or direct me to the right thread?

I'm having a bit of trouble with the latest ACE version..

I know its not the stable version i have a problem with, but the other threads seem to have been closed by over zealous moderators :mad::mad:

Anyway, here is my problem:

I cannot get gasmasks, balaclavas, ear plugs etc to work.

I've edited the Userconfig file for my game profile but they wont show up even if they are in my inventory.

Can someone help me? Or direct me to the right thread?

Use self interaction menu

the one on the right side of the keyboard, near ctrl near windows key

is the userconfig you edited at Arma2/Userconfig/Ace folder, if not edit it there

make sure you didn't accidently edited the example

Edited by NMDANNY

Hi all we may have an answer to this all ready but when do you think the parachutes will be fixed?.

As when i pull cord as soon as I exit chopper chute breaks I have tryed loads of different ways still breaks.

Cheers all

ACE Wound module does not need any syncing. Just put it on the map in the editor and it's done.

You can then write additional variables manually. I'd really recommend actually reading the documentation before asking, since the ACE devs have written the documentation for a reason.

Lastly, ACE Wounds is disabled by default not to break missions not designed to use it.

What documentation?

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

is the userconfig you edited at Arma2/Userconfig/Ace folder, if not edit it there

Open the game to the mission you want to use these on, and in the briefing click on Units and check to see what the name of unit 1 is. (the characters name). Now go to exit out of mission and go to profiles. Create a new profile with the same exact name as that characters name you just checked, and select to play with that profile. Now exit game. Go to arma2 directory/ userconfigs/ace/ace_clientside.hpp or something like that. In that file down towards the bottom it has a spot for //name= remove the "//" from in front of name and after the equal symbol enter the same name you created your profile as. (note: If you need to access this new profile file to make adjustments it is located in my documents/arma 2 other profiles/.

You probly wont see the suggestion to create a new profile name matching the characters name elsewhere, but I could never get these features to work either than did this and boom now they are working so I can confirm that this in fact does work..

No, this is G36K (Karabine). I mean G36C (Compact or Commando), it was up to the last update and then disappeared from Special Weapon Box.

bf0d8d92f71a.th.jpg

Not sure. Did you try the class name or just check the box? It could've just been removed by accident.

What do you mean 'self interaction menu'?

And no, i didnt edit the example by accident.... i CAN read you know....

Not sure. Did you try the class name or just check the box? It could've just been removed by accident.

I've tryed both. If i try the class name (this addweapon 'G36c'), I appear with G36K Eotech - http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/152770 :confused:

Before the last ACE update I appeared with G36C, also in Vanilla version.

Edited by Raison

I stopped using ACE a while back, and had started to have this error message back then, but i was unsure if it was something to do with the vast amount of mods i had at the time.

I recently reinstalled my game onto a new drive, vanilla game, patched to 1.05, and then patched to 1.07 yesterday, the error message is still showing on my screen when ever i use ACE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Sticky/Stuff%20for%20forums/IMAG0007.jpg

This error message comes up on the screen when ever i use the left or right stick on a X360 game pad.

The message never appears if i dont use ACE.

Is this not reproducible for anybody?

Somebody else must use a 360 game pad to fly the choppers ?

Is this not reproducible for anybody?

--- not related to your problem...

Was about missions and other addons assigning values to nil...

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

So why does my game crash constantly when I run ACE in MP?

We have not come to a decision yet but it doesn't look good currently.

Don't ask for the reasons, you just have to read the forums here.

Xeno

First of all, thank you for all your hard work. You guys add the realism that makes ArmA 2 truly enjoyable for me and thousands of others.

Second, I know I'm not the first or the last to say this, but:

I really hope you guys continue development, or at least make the current version of the mod compatible with OA. Really, the only reason I bought OA was to enjoy it with your mod.

So is there any word yet on wether ACE 2 is going to come to Arrowhead? I looked through this thread but couldn't find any info.

First of all, thank you for all your hard work. You guys add the realism that makes ArmA 2 truly enjoyable for me and thousands of others.

Second, I know I'm not the first or the last to say this, but:

I really hope you guys continue development, or at least make the current version of the mod compatible with OA. Really, the only reason I bought OA was to enjoy it with your mod.

So is there any word yet on wether ACE 2 is going to come to Arrowhead? I looked through this thread but couldn't find any info.

C'mon, you looked? The last few pages is all the discuss is about, pretty much. Yes it will be converted.

I've tryed both. If i try the class name (this addweapon 'G36c'), I appear with G36K Eotech - http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/152770 :confused:

Before the last ACE update I appeared with G36C, also in Vanilla version.

I know i'm coming into this quite late, but whose special weapons box did this appear in?

I have never seen a G36 in any ACE box, ever. As a matter of fact, we downloaded FFAA Armas just to have some variants of it for the guys that like that plastic POS.

:)

I know i'm coming into this quite late, but whose special weapons box did this appear in?

I have never seen a G36 in any ACE box, ever. As a matter of fact, we downloaded FFAA Armas just to have some variants of it for the guys that like that plastic POS.

:)

He is in Vanilla version and was in ACE to the last update. I remember because often fought with him.

Vanilla

138542.th.jpg

After update, same box

138541.th.jpg

Edited by Raison

The G36K should be a placeholder for the upgraded C model which isnt done yet. By accident it was replaced with the EoTech version. In the next update at least the G36K model with rail only will be used as replacement.

Apologies that I cannot find an explanation but how do I add mods such as the different islands to ACE2?

Thanks.

The "bipod/ rest weapon" action is not showing up in the self interaction menu. I thought it was just due to the campaing mission I was playing but then I switched to a different mission where I know I used bipod previously, and now can say for sure that my bipod isn't working. Also when I start a mission in the briefing I get an error about now being able to fin BIN/User Config.bin/RH_HK_53 or something like that.

I am using the latest ACE version from Six Updater as well as the latest CBA version from six updater and patch 1.07.

All help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I really miss this feature and don't have enough bullets to play without it.

"The G36K should be a placeholder for the upgraded C model which isnt done yet."

WTF?! G36C IS upgreaded G36K. Raison is right. If u dont know

G36C: This subcarbine (C—compact) model is a further development of the G36K. It has a shorter barrel (than the G36K), and a four-prong open-type flash hider. The extremely short barrel forced designers to move the gas block closer to the muzzle end and reduce the length of the gas piston operating rod. The handguard and stock were also shortened and the fixed carry handle (with optics) was replaced with a carrying handle with an integrated MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail. The dual optical sight found on the standard G36 and G36K models was replaced with a set of rail-mounted detachable iron sights that consist of a semi-shrouded front post and a flip-up rear sight with two apertures of different diameter. The short handguard has four accessory attachment points, one of which could be used for a vertical grip.

G36K: (K—kurz or "short") carbine variant with a shorter barrel (fitted with an open-type flash suppressor) and a shorter forend, which includes a bottom rail that can be used to attach tactical accessories, such as a UTL flashlight from the USP pistol. The carbine's barrel lacks the ability to launch rifle grenades and it will not support a bayonet. The weapon retained the ability to be used with the AG36 grenade launcher. G36Ks in service with German special forces are issued with a 100-round C-Mag drum. There are two variants of the G36K. The first and most commonly known has x3 scope/carry handle attached to the top. The second and highly preferred variant of the G36K is the one with the iron sights and rail (no scope included). It allows for more customization of optics and is more portable than the other variant.

So, why are you replacing G36 compact with G36 kurz? G36K isnt so popular gun. And airborn forces prefer G36C for its short barrel. If you want to add G36K why you should replace another gun with it. And i think G36C is much better than G36K. (That isnt because of its combat effectivity. A also think that L85A2 is better than any weapon i can imagine.) I just like G36C. If u dont want to replace it back, so at least add a new weapon. I dont ask you to add some unknown G36V with bayonet. Just get model from the vanilla version, add it to new weapon and here is G36C! Everyone is happy. Or with G36C with handgrip if you have too much spare time) Thats all...