Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

in the @ACE folder is a folder called store, go into that folder. In there is a file called userconfig.tar

You need to extract this using a program like winrar, it is like a zip file. When that is extracted you should have a userconfig folder in there, if not that is ok.

If you have a userconfig folder inside of that it should have a folder called 'ace' and inside of that it should have a few hpp files including the one you need.

Replicate that structure in your ArmA2 root folder (the folder that arma2.exe resides in) so that you have a folder in there called 'userconfig' and inside that 'ace' with the hpp files.

That should do it! :)

Remember to perdiodically check that the version in the @ACE folder have not been updated as these files contain all the keybinds and such you need to do a lot of things in ACE2!

Is the parachute system on the Domination missions part of ACE or the mission?

Just wondering. Since the last version, I've tried to jump a dozen times and ended up smacked on the ground every single time. Pull rip cord at ANY height and ANY speed and *KRRRKZZZZZZZ* the parachute disappear and its freefall fun.

Same question in the DOMI thread...

As i understand they have nerfed the altitude due to ppl pulling at 50m

and surviving..

Since when do MOD adjust to Mission...

;1660362']As i understand they have nerfed the altitude due to ppl pulling at 50m

and surviving..

Yeah, I understood that the first time I pulled the cord at about 300m and the timer was just about to deploy when I hit the ground, lol.

But I only made that mistake once. The rest of the time, it didnt matter if I so pulled it at 2000m.

What mission are you playing? It's may be setting it's own profile name. Balota Highway does this and earplugs don't work.

Changing the profile name to Spector should work as well.

I have been playing the Seal Team 6 campaigns by Sick1. I asked him if he was you. He isn't. Suppose you already knew that though. Anyway yeah those campaigns is pretty much all I have played. ( I got ARMA2 when it first came out, but I couldn't get it to run faster than 20-30FPS on my rediculous monstrocity of a computer, and it constantly crashed) so I said skrew it and put it away until about a month ago, and didnt even bother trying to play the vanilla campaign after my previous experience with it and just downloaded all the SealTeam Six campaigns by Sick 1. Which are pretty good and alot of em stay off of chernerus which is the island/map that crashed most on me. (But with the new patch and the few betas right before it came out alll my crashing problems (out of memory erros) have stoped:yay:.

AndI think your right about changing my Profile name to Spector will have to test it out. It seems thought like he would make your profile name compatible with the ace features in his missions cuz ACE and ACEX are both required addons for most of the seal team six campaigns.

I will try changing profile name to spector and if that solves it then I will let him know, and u as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers :) No need to redownload everything though, all built-in features of the Updater (Verify, Repair/Heal that is).

Please see: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Usage#Reset%20'skip'%20status

I checked out all the options under "Action" on Six Updater and didn't see any for: Verify, Repair, or Heal or anything like that. Just saw update or install, clean-up, uninstall, reset, process keys, and process userconfigs. So I duno what the deal is there.

THanks for the help!

Well Sickboy you were right. I had to create a new profile and name it Specter then go into the ACE User Config and change the name in there to Specter as well, and now I can use glasses, goggles, hearing aides, and face lifts its awesome!!! No for real though that fixed it.

Only problem though is that by creatng a new profile yuo lose all your customize key mappings and setttings. And in the ARMA2 folder in mydocuments there is ony 1 file for my original profile and no file for the new profile I created which wouln't be too bad, but I have spent alot of time getting all my keys mapped and my joystick and everything set up the way I like it and without a profile file for the new profile I cant copy those settings over, but oh well.

So if any others are having trouble getting the ACE goggles to work check while your playing a game and when you issue a command the subtitles or whatever should display your profile name, well if they are displaying something else like "Specter" for example you will need to create a profile with that name and change your ACE Userconfig to use that name as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the only remaining problem I have with ACE is getting the medic system to work. It lets me examine people, and it shows me a hint in the top left corner as to what is wrong with him etc. But after I click examine it will give you a list of about 4 items which I assume would heal the player. Well I had two of those 4 items in my inventory, but when I click examine the items in the list are all greyed out and I can not select them. However I can just use the mouse wheel to bring up the context sensitive actions list and select heal. But when I do this it doesnt use any of those medical supplies I carry around.

Does the ACE medic/wounds/healing mod needed to be activated/set up in the mission or should it work on all missions regardless just so long as you have the mod loaded?

What is the name of the healing/woundng/medic/examine/medical item sytem for ACE. I looked throught the rpt file (which what got me started on the road to fixen the goggles) but I saw nothing in there on the healing system, but I wasn't real sure what word to search for.

As always any help is much appreciated.

I just want to say thanks to the ACE team, and especially Sickboy for your contributions to this awesome game. The ArmA series wouldn't be the same without ACE, and the developers of this mod. While it may seem like some of us are ungrateful douchers who take and never give, I can safely say that there are those who appreciate all that you have done and more. I would like to know, what can I personally do to repay you guys?

Thanks for 3+ years of non stop fun! I can only hope we are blessed with another 3 years!

Edited by Sniper Pilot
because im an illiterate fool.

Trying to find out how choppers work, I made a small test mission: some enemy tanks without fuel and ammo, and a cobra or an apache. What I noticed is that targeting is very hard, if not impossible. I'm not talking about locking, just targeting. The tanks are correctly recognized as enemy, but I can't manage to get my AI gunner to target them. I saw that using the target menu and the AGM 114 L works on the Apache, but with the AGM 114 K it's really a pain. Without ACE it's much better.

I was wondering if there is a reason for that

Great mod, but I would like to have crosshairs enabled. Is there a pbo I can delete to be able to have the crosshairs back?

I asked him if he was you. He isn't. Suppose you already knew that though.

Huh? No I'm not him and he is not me.

Now the only remaining problem I have with ACE is getting the medic system to work. It lets me examine people, and it shows me a hint in the top left corner as to what is wrong with him etc. But after I click examine it will give you a list of about 4 items which I assume would heal the player. Well I had two of those 4 items in my inventory, but when I click examine the items in the list are all greyed out and I can not select them. However I can just use the mouse wheel to bring up the context sensitive actions list and select heal. But when I do this it doesnt use any of those medical supplies I carry around.

Does the ACE medic/wounds/healing mod needed to be activated/set up in the mission or should it work on all missions regardless just so long as you have the mod loaded?

What is the name of the healing/woundng/medic/examine/medical item sytem for ACE. I looked throught the rpt file (which what got me started on the road to fixen the goggles) but I saw nothing in there on the healing system, but I wasn't real sure what word to search for.

As always any help is much appreciated.

Do you have the ACE2 Wound System Module on your map/mission? The Modules are available by hitting the F7, F8 or one of these keys in the Editor. It needs to be placed on the map in order to be able to heal. Everything should work if it's placed.

I just want to say thanks to the ACE team, and especially Sickboy for your contributions to this awesome game. The ArmA series wouldn't be the same without ACE, and the developers of this mod. While it may seem like some of us are ungrateful douchers who take and never give, I can safely say that there are those who appreciate all that you have done and more. I would like to know, what can I personally do to repay you guys?

Thanks for 3+ years of non stop fun! I can only hope we are blessed with another 3 years!

+1

Beautifully said. I couldn't agree more. An EPIC achievement and the dedication they show to the Mod, game and Community is astounding, nah, monumental.

I've posted my gratitude many times already but I gotta do it one more time:

Thanks guys!

Edited by Manzilla

I stopped using ACE a while back, and had started to have this error message back then, but i was unsure if it was something to do with the vast amount of mods i had at the time.

I recently reinstalled my game onto a new drive, vanilla game, patched to 1.05, and then patched to 1.07 yesterday, the error message is still showing on my screen when ever i use ACE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Sticky/Stuff%20for%20forums/IMAG0007.jpg

This error message comes up on the screen when ever i use the left or right stick on a X360 game pad.

The message never appears if i dont use ACE.

@CBA, @ACE, @ACEX, @ACE_SM are all in the shortcut and have been updated by the sixupdater.

This is my shortcut

"E:\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

If i remove "-showScriptErrors" will it remove the annoying message?

Edited by S-M

Hello, I can't for some reason update ANYTHING by updater. Here's the abstract of the LOG:

DEBUG] six-updater 03:30:50: Six::Repositories::Rsync::RsyncExecuteError rsync --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --progress -h --exclude=.rsync \"rsync://six.bssnet.dk/rel/cba/./.pack/.repository.yml\" \"/cygdrive/C/Program files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA 2/@CBA/.rsync/.pack\" --timeout=60 , [14, 4980]:

receiving incremental file list

3 [main] rsync 6528 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

1502 [main] rsync 6528 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

2 [main] rsync 5280 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

1681 [main] rsync 5280 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

2 [main] rsync 1588 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

2007 [main] rsync 1588 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

128 [main] rsync 6092 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

2449 [main] rsync 6092 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

2 [main] rsync 4432 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

1754 [main] rsync 4432 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

2 [main] rsync 6280 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

2189 [main] rsync 6280 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

3 [main] rsync 3296 fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before initialization, retry 0, exit code 0x600, errno 11

rsync: fork failed in do_recv: Resource temporarily unavailable (11)

rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.7-1/src/rsync-3.0.7/main.c(760) [Receiver=3.0.7]

SIX-SHEBANG: 4980, 14

: C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-rsync-0.6.9/lib/six/rsync/lib.rb:905:in `run_command'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-rsync-0.6.9/lib/six/rsync/lib.rb:812:in `block in command'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-rsync-0.6.9/lib/six/rsync/lib.rb:812:in `chdir'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-rsync-0.6.9/lib/six/rsync/lib.rb:812:in `command'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-rsync-0.6.9/lib/six/rsync/lib.rb:623:in `fetch_file'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-rsync-0.6.9/lib/six/rsync/lib.rb:430:in `compare_sums'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-rsync-0.6.9/lib/six/rsync/lib.rb:406:in `update'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-rsync-0.6.9/lib/six/rsync/base.rb:98:in `update'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/lib/six/updater/rsyncrepo.rb:58:in `update'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/lib/six/updater/mod.rb:149:in `update'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/lib/six/updater/mod.rb:197:in `install'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/lib/six/updater-app.rb:68:in `block (2 levels) in <module:Updater>'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/lib/six/updater-app.rb:68:in `each'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/lib/six/updater-app.rb:68:in `block in <module:Updater>'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/lib/six/updater-app.rb:61:in `each'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/lib/six/updater-app.rb:61:in `each_with_index'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/lib/six/updater-app.rb:61:in `<module:Updater>'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/lib/six/updater-app.rb:6:in `<module:Six>'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/lib/six/updater-app.rb:5:in `<top (required)>'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/bin/six-updater:5:in `load'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-0.20.0-x86-mingw32/bin/six-updater:5:in `<top (required)>'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/bin/six-updater:19:in `load'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/bin/six-updater:19:in `<main>'

[iNFO] six-updater 03:30:50: Trying 2/8: rsync://rsync2.dev-heaven.net/rel/cba/.

[DEBUG] six-updater 03:30:50: Fetching .pack/.repository.yml from rsync://rsync2.dev-heaven.net/rel/cba/.

[DEBUG] six-updater 03:30:50: rsync --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --progress -h --exclude=.rsync "rsync://rsync2.dev-heaven.net/rel/cba/./.pack/.repository.yml" "/cygdrive/C/Program files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA 2/@CBA/.rsync/.pack" --timeout=60

[DEBUG] six-updater 03:30:53: Pid: 6192 Status: 14

[DEBUG] six-updater 03:30:53: Err:

[DEBUG] six-updater 03:30:53: Output:

receiving incremental file list

166 [main] rsync 296 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

2394 [main] rsync 296 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

3 [main] rsync 1432 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

1765 [main] rsync 1432 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

3 [main] rsync 4424 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

2087 [main] rsync 4424 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

3 [main] rsync 5016 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

2959 [main] rsync 5016 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

2 [main] rsync 8020 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

3291 [main] rsync 8020 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

2 [main] rsync 3540 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

15516 [main] rsync 3540 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to rsync.exe.stackdump

2 [main] rsync 5752 fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before initialization, retry 0, exit code 0x8B00, errno 11

rsync: fork failed in do_recv: Resource temporarily unavailable (11)

rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.7-1/src/rsync-3.0.7/main.c(760) [Receiver=3.0.7]

SIX-SHEBANG: 6192, 14

I get this "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION" for every mod folder being updated. In the end I can't get any update at all. I tried to do clean reinstall of SIX but with the same result. It seems as if connection to those update-servers is blocked but I also tried to disable firewall and antivirus.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

Hi there!

I love ACE but I have a real issue with targeting while in a chopper. 99% of the time I play single player and there the current way of targeting is more or less useless, since the method of assigning targets via menu doesn't work(at least for me). The missiles just go anywhere but never at the target I want them to.

Does anybody know what files I have to delete to get the old system back?

I can not for the life of me figure out how to winch vehicles up into the air with a helicopter. I followed the instructions on the wiki step-by-step and it still doesn't work. I see nothing in the helicopter action menu.

Trying to find out how choppers work, I made a small test mission: some enemy tanks without fuel and ammo, and a cobra or an apache. What I noticed is that targeting is very hard, if not impossible. I'm not talking about locking, just targeting. The tanks are correctly recognized as enemy, but I can't manage to get my AI gunner to target them. I saw that using the target menu and the AGM 114 L works on the Apache, but with the AGM 114 K it's really a pain. Without ACE it's much better.

AGM 114 K is laser-guided, hence need a laser pointed at the target to actually hit it. AGM 114 L is radar guided fire and forget missile that you just need to radar lock, fire it - and it'll hit.

You can't winch from the helo anymore. You need to load the sling onto the the vehicle you want to load (ACE KEY). Then you need to wait next to the vehicle while the helo flys over. You will then get an option to sling vehicle.

You can no longer sling vehicles by yourself. You need two (2) people to do it from now on. This info is in the ACE page= http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Overview

You should fly as the gunner and see how that works. You need to activate the laser designator and guide the missile in. Try all of the different missile flight settings.

Edit: Beat to the punch...

AGM 114 K is laser-guided, hence need a laser pointed at the target to actually hit it. AGM 114 L is radar guided fire and forget missile that you just need to radar lock, fire it - and it'll hit.
Edited by b00ce

I think you are talking more about locking, that is, when you press tab and a diamond is added to the target square. I don't even see the square, although the gunner knows the enemy is there

You should fly as the gunner and see how that works. You need to activate the laser designator and guide the missile in. Try all of the different missile flight settings.

Ok, I'll check it out this evening.

Thanks guys

can't wait for OA version, it's really broken in OA.

will you guys be making a quick version that removes duplicated features so people could start using it asap?

Great mod, but I would like to have crosshairs enabled. Is there a pbo I can delete to be able to have the crosshairs back?

You can re-enable crosshairs by removing // in front of the line ACE_Crosshairs or something like that in the ACE Clientside user config file found in the arma2 directory under userconfigs. IF you dont have that folder copy and paste the Userconfig folder from inside the @ace folder into your main directory.

What I personally do is reenable the crosshairs using above method then I use a mod called minimal crosshairs. The mod replaces the standard crosshair with one that is much wider so you still have to use your sights for fine aiming but you can use the crosshair to get pointed in the general direction.

Can we have some confirmation or denial from devs

about the Para nerf??

Is it a bug or did you infact nerf the possible altitude pull?