Sign in to follow this  
kevaskous

ACE issue with server

So i'm having a issue with ace on my server. it would seem some missions are calling for ace files, that are loaded but per ace have had their file names changed.

For example, acex_c_veh_ah1 is the actual file but it's looking for acex_veh_ah1

Is there any reason for this behavior?

Further information on this error

110/05/08, 19:40:37 Missing addons detected:

110/05/08, 19:40:37 acex_c_vehicle

110/05/08, 19:40:37 acex_veh_ah1

110/05/08, 19:40:37 acex_veh_mi17

110/05/08, 19:40:37 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.acex_c_vehicle, acex_veh_ah1, acex_veh_mi17

i get many of these for different maps. Anyway to fix this?

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

I have confirmed the issue to be my server isn't running these mods.

I am using Ubuntu 64bit server edition and the mod folders are in place along with a updater. So all files are up to date.

I do use a command line, it looks like this.

nice -n -12 ./server -port=2302 -name=ZyG Arma 2 Priv -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma2.cfg -profiles=default -nofilepatching -mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@acex_pla;@zcommon_ace

server does run, just without mods, and before you ask, no the batch scripts fails to function at all with a nohup error.

nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout

Also i use a control panel as i run many other servers and machines. What is going on?

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Also the @zcommon line is messed up by the forums for me, if so for you, ignore it. the space between c and e are not in my command line

Try enclosing the parameters with @ character in them with '. Like so:

./server -port=2302 '-mod=@modX;@modY'

... or try adding a "\" before the ";"

E.g: -mod=@cba\;@ace\;@acex\;@acex_sm\;@acex_pla

Ubuntu is interpreting the ";" as if you were adding another command instead of as a basic character, leaving you only loading the @cba module.

E.g. following line:

./server -port=2302 -mod=@cba;@ace;@acex

is treated by the shell like:

./server -port=2302 -mod=@cba

@ace

@acex

=== Add ===

The "\" character before the ";" will prevent it from being used as a command delimiter.

Edited by =WFL= Sgt Bilko
Additional info

... or try adding a "\" before the ";"

E.g: -mod=@cba\;@ace\;@acex\;@acex_sm\;@acex_pla

Ubuntu is interpreting the ";" as if you were adding another command instead of as a basic character, leaving you only loading the @cba module.

E.g. following line:

./server -port=2302 -mod=@cba;@ace;@acex

is treated by the shell like:

./server -port=2302 -mod=@cba

@ace

@acex

Worked like a champ mate, thank you very much, how odd that. Just had to add userconfig which didn't come with the six updater and I'm on my merry way! :D