Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

ArmA 2 factory models?

Hi guys,

I looked everywere for these but I cant find them, where are all the industrial buildings like factories located in the CA folder? so far I only found 1 big chimney :o

Go to the buildings2.pbo

Unpbo it and you will find some subfolders called ind_cementworks,Ind_Garage01,Ind_pipeline,Ind_Shed_01,Ind_Shed_02, Ind_tank_01 and Ind_Workshop

Hope it helps

Go to the buildings2.pbo

Unpbo it and you will find some subfolders called ind_cementworks,Ind_Garage01,Ind_pipeline,Ind_Shed_01,Ind_Shed_02, Ind_tank_01 and Ind_Workshop

Hope it helps

Thanks dude :smile: there is also a .pbo file called "buildings2_Ind_CementWorks.pbo" which has models inside.

This thread can now be closed I guess :padlock:

Sorry for the double post, but when I move the Buildings2 folder in the CA folder and I insert the objects in Visitor they appear black with no textures, and when I run the game they are not there but they are marked on the map. Where do I put the Buildings2 folder or why does it do that?

Hi martin, some folders contains part of their original path.

In your case:

- rename the folder "Buildings2_Ind_CementWorks" to "Ind_CementWorks"

- place the folder into the Buildings2 folder.

This should work.

You may ask: and i should create a \Ind folder into buildings2 and place folder renamed to "CementWorks" on it?

No... strange uh? :D

In your case:

This should work.

You may ask: and i should create a \Ind folder into buildings2 and place folder renamed to "CementWorks" on it?

No... strange uh? :D

Well it still doesnt work :sad: now the textures of the building show up in Buldozer but the models still doesnt load in game, I recive the classic error message:

errorys.png

This is how my CA folder looks:

CA\buildings

CA\buildings2 + CA\buildings2\Ind_CementWorks

CA\misc

CA\misc2

CA\misc3

CA\Plants2

CA\Roads

CA\Roads2

CA\rocks2

CA\signs2

CA\structures

None of the buildings from the "buildings2" folder show up too :sad: where exactly do I put the Buildings2 folder and the Ind_CementWorks folder?

Maybe you could show me how your CA folder looks in a simmilar way I did.

No... strange uh?

After all the years of OFP and now ArmA I've gotten used to unlogical, hard yet simple, buggy and blood pressure raising problems :biggrin: I guess thats what makes modding so fun

Edited by -Martin-

so in buildings2 you have a CA folder? take out the CA folder and move IND folder to its own path in P:\CA if not then try P:\CA\buildings\Ind_CementWorks

In your case:

This should work.

This should work...

P:\CA\Buildings2\Ind_CementWorks

B

This should work...

P:\CA\Buildings2\Ind_CementWorks

B

Thats exactly how I have it and that error in game comes up :sad:

I would say that initially you placed the extracted contents of the .pbo in the incorrect place. Then you opened Visitor 3 and went ahead and placed this building part 'Ind_Pec_03b.p3d'.

At this point if you ran buldozer it would of course be able to find the building on your 'P:\' drive and display it for you.

If you then packaged up your map it would have a reference inside it pointing to this 'Ind_Pec_03b.p3d' model but the pathname does not exist in the 'default' BIS content so therefore you get the above screenshot error.

If you are confident you now have the contents of 'buildings2_Ind_CementWorks.pbo' extracted to the correct place then open your map in Visitor3. Find any building portions you may have added in your first attempts using the 'Select' script and delete them off the map.

Either edit the existing 'Artificial' objects of these models to point to the correct model (and of coruse it's pathname) or delete the 'Artificial' objects for these models all together and re-create them with the correct filepathname.

Launch buldozer. Save your .wrp. Repackage and view in-game.

I suggest you download and use Mikero's commandline .pbo packer/unpacker dos tools available at DevHeaven for extracting .pbo's. You can tell it to extract the contents to the .pbo's prefix folder without ever having to worry useself with your little clerical errors from your initial .pbo extraction as above. There are even directions on the DH website in how-to setup windows explorer right-click extraction commands.

pbo_contextmenu.png

If you insist on doing it manually by using cpbo or some other tool then always make sure when you extract a .pbo to make the very first thing you do is open the $PBOPREFIX$ text file and confirm the 'pboprefix'. This then directs you to where you should place the contents of the .pbo you have just extracted.

Edited by Synide

Thanks Synide it works now :smile: but what do I do when I add an object from the cement works folder to artificial objects in Visitor and it says that the name cannot be longer than 50 characters?

One of the fields in that dialog is for the pathname to the actual .p3d. Which is populated for you when you have hit the 'Add/Browse' button at the bottom and selected the .p3d you wish to setup.

The other field is for the 'name' that will be associated with the new artificial object within visitor3 only (for display purposes within the list of artifical objects for instance).

By default the 'name' is set to the full pathname and filename to the .p3d. Which is some cases with the default BIS content has a pathfilename depth of greater than 50 characters.

You should left click in the field and edit it so that it's just reduced down to the name of the file or whatever naming convention you'd like to use for groups of 'like' artificial objects.

But, only the 'name' field. Leave the 'file' field as is passed to it when you have 'browsed' to the .p3d.

Remember this 'name' association for the .p3d is just for use within Visitor3. It does not translate over to the game naming for the file. That is controlled solely within the config.

Edited by Synide

One of the fields in that dialog is for the pathname to the actual .p3d. Which is populated for you when you have hit the 'Add/Browse' button at the bottom and selected the .p3d you wish to setup.

The other field is for the 'name' that will be associated with the new artificial object within visitor3 only (for display purposes within the list of artifical objects for instance).

By default the 'name' is set to the full pathname and filename to the .p3d. Which is some cases with the default BIS content has a pathfilename depth of greater than 50 characters.

You should left click in the field and edit it so that it's just reduced down to the name of the file or whatever naming convention you'd like to use for groups of 'like' artificial objects.

But, only the 'name' field. Leave the 'file' field as is passed to it when you have 'browsed' to the .p3d.

Remember this 'name' association for the .p3d is just for use within Visitor3. It does not translate over to the game naming for the file. That is controlled solely within the config.

Oh now I understand everything :smile: I thought the name has someting to do with the path to the object, thanks for your helps guys!