Sign in to follow this  
rexehuk

Dedicated Server - Arma 2 Management Tool

[HC] Server Management Tool

Contact Address: havocservertool@gmail.com

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/HavocCompanyClan

This tool is available to server administrators, you will need direct access to your dedicated server to run this, so wont work on rented game servers (unless you are allowed to remote manage). The interface is NOT finished, just a working model which will hopefully be cleaned up later. The whole aim of this is functionality and low resource usage.

ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

DOWNLOAD - Havoc Server Management Tool (v.1.3) - [56 KB] from ArmedAssault.info

Armaholic mirror:

- [HC] Server Management Tool

Requirement:

- .NET Framework 4

- MySQL Compact Server 2005

- MySQL Compact SP2

Servers Off

interfacemain.jpg

PVP Config Loaded + Server On

serveron.jpg

Server Management & Setup

servermanagement.jpg

Requirements:

.NET Framework 4

Feature Set:

Management of 3 running servers, and unlimited configs

Detection and automatic restart upon crash

Shutdown & Update function for Sixupdater managed servers

I'll be happy to release it if you guys can use the reporting feature to give me bug feedback :)

Known Issues:

Multiples of the same server can be selected 3 times and started 3 times (Easy fix)

SixUpdater is not liking the arguments fired at it (currently using a .bat workaround)

**PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN ALPHA RELEASE AND CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT GOES WRONG. I AM ALSO TESTING THIS TOOL, SO I HOPE THERE ISN'T MAJOR ERRORS ALSO** :yay:

I also have some suggestions for server managers to streamline their servers, such as using a single ACE install via NTFS junction pointing, which makes this tool much easier to manage.

Rgds,

Rob

Edited by rexehuk

Release is held back a bit, waiting on reply from SixUpdater.

this looks pretty cool, I would use it, but I bought a license for FireDaemon Trinity.

Do you have any plans to add a remote interface via web browser?

this looks pretty cool, I would use it, but I bought a license for FireDaemon Trinity.

Do you have any plans to add a remote interface via web browser?

Yes, this is on the cards and will most likely be done via an ASP service. We also want the ability to view the status & stop/start servers on our website so this is a very likely function.

I could release it now, but the sixupdater has to be done through a bat file which is dirty. I'm waiting on a reply from Sickboy in regards to my problem.

This is different to firedaemon in the fact that the program is controlling the processes life and restart, compared to that of an installed service I think that gives this much more flexibility.

Edited by rexehuk

RELEASED -

DOWNLOAD V3.1

HAVOC COMPANY [HC]

http:///www.havoc-company.com

Created by: Rob

Contact me: havocservertool@gmail.com

*************PLEASE REMEMEBER THIS IS AN ALPHA RELEASE*************

I have tried to make it bug less, but that is a near impossible task!

DISCLAIMER:

I cannot be held responsible for any damage to your servers including but not limited to explosions, fires and data loss :p. This tool should NOT be decompiled/edited/mirrored without permission from the author (Rob) which can be obtained by emailing havocservertool@gmail.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Notes

1. This tool is intended for DEDICATED SERVERS only (Programmed for use on Windows 2003, but should work with most OS)

2. This tool should NOT be decompiled and edited without the authors permission

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:

1. Unpack to desktop

2. Run "Havoc Server Manager.exe"

Program use:

1. The program comes with example configs, simply change the directories and mod lines to suit your needs.

2. Shutdown + Update currently has issues, this is to do with the way SixUpdater passes arguments to the Ruby.exe which is currently being worked on.

For a workaround, you could simply do the following:

1. Enter Server Management

2. Erase the SixPath and SixModline text boxes

3. Enter the path to the SixUpdater Console SHORTCUT E.G (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Six Updater - Console)

4. Leave SixModline blank

4. I suggest you remove the --wait from the shortcut command line, this allows it to close by itself.

Currently this method updates ALL of our servers due to us using NTFS Junctioning, this is how the tool will most likely be aimed towards in future, unless information is supplied to me by SixUpdater that allows dynamic updating of all servers in the programs database.

Junctioning allows us to have a single install of ACE that is mirrored to the other Arma 2 Server installations we have (total of 3), we have NTFS junctioned the following:

@ACE

@ACEX

@CBA

Userconfig

And have currently had no issues, nor expect any in the future.

KNOWN BUGS:

1. The dropdown boxes reset when new servers are added, not a huge issue but may annoy some users!

Thank you, and please report any bugs via the provided application button.

Regards,

Rob

Thx that you released it now! :thumbsup:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

6143204.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=utilities&game=1&id=102][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/6143204.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=102]DOWNLOAD - Havoc Server Management Tool (v.1.3) - [56 KB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

Everytime i start the application under Win7 x64 i get the following error:

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

File name: 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'

at WindowsApplication1.Database1DataSet1TableAdapters.ServerListTableAdapter.Fill(ServerListDataTable dataTable)

at WindowsApplication1.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Everytime i start the application under Win7 x64 i get the following error:

Try repairing your .NET Framework 4 installation.

I can confirm it works on windows 7 x64, due to it being my development platform. To try resolve the error, do you have SQL compact 3.5 installed? This is the only thing I can think of that you may not have.

SQL Server 3.5

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=85E0C3CE-3FA1-453A-8CE9-AF6CA20946C3&displaylang=en

3.5 SP2

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=e497988a-c93a-404c-b161-3a0b323dce24

If this solves your problem, do let me know as this will change the requirements for use.

Regards,

Rob

Thx - that solved the problem.

But now i got a new one: If i put in the path to my arma2server.exe it says "Please check paths, unable to find application.". What am i doing wrong?

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

Are you using quotes? If so remove them!

What is the path you are trying? Are you able to post it here for me?

Server Path:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe

Server Mod:

-port=2302 -config=S\server.cfg -cfg=S\Arma2.cfg -profile=S\default.arma2profile -mod=beta;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@Brig_Sounds;

@Brig_AddonsS2;@BWMod_ACE;@Duala;@QK;@zcommon_ace

By the way: Thanks for all the help! :)

Ok! It works for me if I copy your path over, my guess is have you SELECTED it in the drop down once you saved the the new path? This is a bug in this release, you should be able to select SERVERNAME in the combo box and then hit start. You NEED do this despite it maybe saying SERVERNAME after saving.

Let me know if that fixes it.

yes - that was the fault. One suggestion: It would be nice if the server management window would work in full screen, so i can see the path of the mods in full length without that boring scrolling.

Now everything works like it should. Thx for your help, again. So you´re not a soccer fan, i think. Because you answer so fast during a ENGLAND-USA match. ;)

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

yes - that was the fault. One suggestion: It would be nice if the server management window would work in full screen, so i can see the path of the mods in full length without that boring scrolling.

Now everything works like it should. Thx for your help, again. So you´re not a soccer fan, i think. Because you answer so fast during a ENGLAND-USA match. ;)

Glad it's fixed, and it's my tool so I have to support it right? :p. Not sure when the new version will be out, the capture of the EXE closure is not working as expected so I'll be fixing that sometime next week.

P.S. - I find football extremely dull, especially when fights/deaths occur over it. But I did see the first goal in 4 minutes, now the US will lose ;)

Regards,

Rob

Update:

Development is halted until the release of Arrowhead, although some bugs are now fixed.

Once Arrowhead comes out and I see there are no major changes to dedicated server management I will release the new version.