Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

You got my vote.

Love the new island - looks gr8 mate.

And definitely leave the water brown - it suits the island - turquoise/blue is wrong for this place.

If possible but just a small thing - would love to see some ploughed fields near the farms.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

Ice gets my vote for community member of the year too. Keep it up!

Also yeah, brown water is definitely the way to roll with this map. There was another jungle-paradise map released a few months ago called Mana which satisfies the whole vacation-y feel.

If possible but just a small thing - would love to see some ploughed fields near the farms.

I know your angles! :)

I keep getting stuck on rocks on Lingor - is that an island issue or just the game engine up to its usual tricks?

RabidStoat: are you using the latest patch, well at least 1.57? BIS fixed rocks.

I've wanted to release v1.1 of the island but I still have a problem and a bit of dilemma:

if I localize sounds to island only (aka no more monkeys in Takistan) I loose sea/river and maybe couple of other environment sounds. It seems the game takes default sea sound (waves breaking, really loud) the moment I localize the sounds to Lingor only.

Does anyone know how to have all custom sounds playing normally but on one island only? There must be a config solution?

I'm sure there must be some audio settings that can be applied to a specific class, like with the custom lightning, weather or reflections for maps, could be terribly wrong though as i'm not that experienced with map configs.

Why not release an intermediate version without all the custom sounds and sort the custom stuff out from there? I think we know the monkey squeels far too well now... :)

Edited by Chill xl

is it poss to use another sound wav? i know of a good one that you could use - ill talk to you about it on msn.

@Icebreaker, send a copy of your cfg to me thru pm and i can have a look at it for ya m8.

I would hold off on release until that config is fixed IceBreakr. No sense in rushing things when you are looking at perfection - as much as it pains me to wait :)

Still problems with locality of jungle sounds... despite the help of several community members :/

A Lingor Facebook fansite reveals that Rocket's Maule M7s were authorized to be used as official island tourist transport planes. Courtesy of Rocket & www.usecforce.com

edit:

Well, I can release v1.1 with sea/river sound missing. I think its an A2 engine trick when using custom sounds. Will that be ok? Rivers are otherwise pretty quiet when not flowing ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

Well, I can release v1.1 with sea/river sound missing. I think its an A2 engine trick when using custom sounds. Will that be ok? Rivers are otherwise pretty quiet when not flowing ;)

I wouldn't mind if you do it. ;)

When the shit hits the fan, i dont think many people will miss the sound of flowing water, atleast i wouldnt. :)

I would trade my stalking howling monkeys for a silent river anyday :D

In the middle of a firefight, I think we'll be focusing more on trying to locate a camo'ed enemy in the dense jungles rather than listening to rolling waves or river ambience.

Actually I find quite the opposite - after first contact my senses are heightened with fear (adrenaline?) and so it is in these moments that such ambient sounds are most invigorating. Tho I agree that Howling Monkeys win over Silent Rivers.

Don't worry guys. Sumrak came to the help and told me how to fix the sea issue! Sumrak - thanks! River and sea have a subtle flowing stream sound effect now. Packing it up....

Don't worry guys. Sumrak came to the help and told me how to fix the sea issue! Sumrak - thanks! River and sea have a subtle flowing stream sound effect now.

Excellent!!!

Struggled mightily with that myself to no avail, and also the "sea colour affecting other islands" issue and couldn't figure out a way to properly "localise" them... Well done Ice! another first!

Hope you'll take the time to explain the details over in the island building section sometime, once you've got releases, etc out of the way...

Looking forward to the new version.....! Lingors gotta be your best Sat_lco yet! and you know how impressed I get by them! ;)

Fantastic stuff mate!!!

B

Sumrak for president! (actually I'd rather you go for Prime Minister as Dmitriy seems less despotic than Vlad)

Ice: can't wait for v1.1. Have a long cold on of me! :811:

Lingor v1.1 is out. Don't forget to visit lovely Mariana Island up on North-East!

lingor_v11.jpg

Enjoy guys... and make more damn tvt/coop missions! :)

Edited by IceBreakr