Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Did I say that I did any of them? Nope. I'm currently living in a sardine can RV. That's changing shortly, but for the past several months I haven't had the space to scratch my ass let alone work in O2.

Call me a leech all you want pal. You'll never get access to them, our forums, or our server. I could give you a detailed list of everything I do in PRACS besides running TFL, but I'm not gonna waste my time on a cod kiddie like you.

ok so yeah i did the MiG-21 and did all those addons darkhorse listed.

so what does that prove.

nothing in the end.

Its not worth the fighting or the mud slinging.

darkhose has his own place in this mod and its definatley not the Lingor thread.

so please all here respect Ice and stop the argument here.

If you guys want to argue and throw mud do it in the pracs thread. personally i find it all rather entertaining.

ps. thanks for the respect altimeter. I am glad some people realize where all the hard work comes from :)

darkhorse if you ahve an issue.... pm me

and back on topic:

I tried Lingor for the first time a few days ago. I'm really impressed with it and am I'm looking forward to new updates in the future!

Keep up the good work Ice!

I'm not gonna waste my time on a cod kiddie like you.

I'm just wondering how him wanting an addon automatically means he loves Call Of Duty?

Seems like that's the stereotype here and I don't understand it.

I'm just wondering how him wanting an addon automatically means he loves Call Of Duty?

Seems like that's the stereotype here and I don't understand it.

I think it's because most of the first person shooters that come out lately are nothing more than fast paced eye candy. Designed for a younger audience with shorter attention spans. Call of Duty falls into that category in my opinion. I know my 7yo nephew just can't get enough of blowing away everything in sight whether it be friend or foe.

ArmA 2 is a more strategic game and requires more patience than most young people have these days. So i guess what he's getting at is the young people that play Call of Duty type games have no patience and want everything delivered now.

I know that's a stereo type though, cause there are plenty of adults that have fallen prey to the shiny new games on Xbox and PS3. It's very sad that these games only required skill is god-like reflexes. Intellect, stealth and cunning should always win out over the impatience of youth.

As for the original reason for all these posts, an addon takes time to create and a good addon takes even longer. I would rather wait an extra month and get a high quality addon than hurry the author along and have something come out that is full of bugs.

Generally speaking most addons are made and provided free of charge. So we should be thankful they take the time to create all of these wonderful islands, vehicles, units and weapons to play with.

Thanks you to all the addon makers out there that take the time to create something worth downloading. :D

Edited by kage74

@All above - GET BACK ON TOPIC! ALL OF YOU!

@Ice - How are those units coming? ^^ Hope no problems I hope. And what updates are we going to see in 1.01? ^^ Just nosey :D

I'm gonna add Villas comment to my sig also. For all the hatred out there wanting this and wanting that, make it yourself so you can see how hard it is to do. There are plenty of threads on how to make an add-on, go learn.

This island rocks and Domination on it is great fun.

so please all here respect Ice and stop the argument here.

If you guys want to argue and throw mud do it in the pracs thread. personally i find it all rather entertaining.

agreed - no more bs in this thread - respect for the man and his f'n amazing island.

simply the best usermade island around!

i noticed these nice roadsigns (the ones that show distance to nearest city (omg my english :butbut:)), and so i tried to navigate through the island without map and noticed that there no city limit signs (signs at entrance of each city).

are you planning to add these?

i could do the textures quickly if you want me to.

Thanks for the heads up prototype, didn't even know Domination had been ported to Lingor yet. Can you give a link I cant find it. Thankyou

Edited by Bigpickle

I think you all agree when i say we should donate mr. "i create sick islands for free" some $$$

Everybody is talking, can you do that, what about the units, what about that..i think some people totally forgot that he is not bis-dev'er and we get this extreme good stuff for free..

this thread has like 100+ pages, so if everybody would donate him some money..even if its only 3-5 Euro,or whatever you wanna give, that would be such a big THX for this awesome work..

Seriously, that is my opinion and no insult to bis , i should have spent my last money for a donation instead of the pmc dlc...

so to all the ppl who wanna do it : http://www.icebreakr.info/author/

P.S. : DO IT

Thanks for the heads up prototype, didn't even know Domination had been ported to Lingor yet. Can you give a link I cant find it. Thankyou

The Domination is something I have done. Still a few bugs left but once it is ready I will post a link.

The latest 1.56 of OA seems to have solved all issues I had with Lingor.

Finally I can dig in and have some games around the jungle.

Seeing that BIS is paying more and more attention to IceBreakr's projects, we must fear that he's going to be hired for the next DLC. (Hopefully a proper DLC)

Saying that reminds me of OFMans fate. Rumor has it he is stranded somewhere around BIA's Terrain Section. Working with Visitor 4, that lucky son of a gun. :D

On you go, IceBreakr! Off to BIS with you and start working with Visitor 4 and earning the money you deserve!

Regarding the bigotry a few pages ago:

Get used to not getting everything the way you like. Whether it is an Addon release or just simple some credit for an Addon that's using your work.

That's how it is, and that's how it'll stay.

I think you all agree when i say we should donate mr. "i create sick islands for free" some $$$

I already did 30 pages ago ;)

@Altimeter - I think I will change my signature to include the PRACS F/A-18, Super Etendard, Su-24, SA-8, M113 series, trucks, and everything else we have, including the Mig-21. We have been testing our addons since 2009. People like you have already ruined several addons for the community including the PRACS F/A-18. Because of... numbskulls like you who demanded it be released, and sent death threats demanding it be released now, and "in a USN skin not the crappy RACS skins".

You don't think you're overreacting a bit there bud?

Missed page 101 :P

Edited by Hamm

The Domination is something I have done. Still a few bugs left but once it is ready I will post a link.

Sorry bud, didn't realise you were making it was and still in WIP form, hope you didn't think i was being impatient. Really looking forward to its release anyhow. :D

The latest 1.56 of OA seems to have solved all issues I had with Lingor.

Same for me :yay:

Thanks icebreaker,

Just made a donation, I know its not much, but if I ever get rich, I will give more!

Game crashes to Desktop when i pick the map in Editor? Ive downloaded everything i need?

Any Suggestions?

Game crashes to Desktop when i pick the map in Editor? Ive downloaded everything i need?

Any Suggestions?

Same problem here. The same with duala. And if i use both of them, one has no grass.